• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bIueadams

Ben Chiarot $4.75 x 4

Rate this topic

Seider is tough on the ice, but he's a big softy IRL. Daddy Ben is going to make a man out of him. Hope they room together. Chia will be eating raw meat in the room and lifting weights. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Sounds like Perron is gonna get an A. "Cup winning vet who's vocal in the room". As much as I love Seider, I think daddy Ben gets the other A. Bertuzzi and Seider will get their As in time. 

It's been said 4 players will get an A as they plan to rotate away and home games. My guess is Chiarot, Perron, Seider, Bert. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's been said 4 players will get an A as they plan to rotate away and home games. My guess is Chiarot, Perron, Seider, Bert. 

And Andrew Copp goes beastmode and steals the C. 

3 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Exactly what ive been saying! Lalonde might not be as dumb as the last guy after all...

Finding a partner for Seider was never about getting the most talented Dman. It was about getting a Dman that compliments Seider so Seider can take his game to the next level. Dum dums like @Akakabuto dont understand this very basic concept.

Mo is like Datsyuk or Zetterberg. He's going to be touching the puck almost every play and controling the pace of the game. He needs a partner who does his job well and stays the hell out of his way. Exactly the same reason why Holmstrom was the best partner for Dats/Z. "Im just gonna stand over here and get really good at tipping pucks so you guys have more room to do your stud moves". Homer was terrible at a lot of aspects of the game, but he complimented our stars perfectly.

What does Seider need in a partner?

>a vet mentor

>a guy who can stand in and be tough when Seider wrecks someones shop

>a guy who can help in the D zone and stay the hell outta the way in the Ozone

>a guy who can keep up with heavy top line minutes

Chiarot checks literally all of those boxes perfectly.

Leafs and Jets fans are still whining about having to play against the Chiarot-Weber combo in the 2021 playoffs. Seider is basically a younger better version of Weber. This is going to be a top5 D pairing in the league. 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:43 PM, bIueadams said:

Exactly what ive been saying! Lalonde might not be as dumb as the last guy after all...

Finding a partner for Seider was never about getting the most talented Dman. It was about getting a Dman that compliments Seider so Seider can take his game to the next level. Dum dums like @Akakabuto dont understand this very basic concept.

Mo is like Datsyuk or Zetterberg. He's going to be touching the puck almost every play and controling the pace of the game. He needs a partner who does his job well and stays the hell out of his way. Exactly the same reason why Holmstrom was the best partner for Dats/Z. "Im just gonna stand over here and get really good at tipping pucks so you guys have more room to do your stud moves". Homer was terrible at a lot of aspects of the game, but he complimented our stars perfectly.

What does Seider need in a partner?

>a vet mentor

>a guy who can stand in and be tough when Seider wrecks someones shop

>a guy who can help in the D zone and stay the hell outta the way in the Ozone

>a guy who can keep up with heavy top line minutes

Chiarot checks literally all of those boxes perfectly.

Leafs and Jets fans are still whining about having to play against the Chiarot-Weber combo in the 2021 playoffs. Seider is basically a younger better version of Weber. This is going to be a top5 D pairing in the league. 

This.

Too many dum dums want Edvinsson paired with Seider. In reality, you want one of those two guys on the ice for 50 mins a game. You let them lead their own pair. You only put them together in a pinch when the game is on the line and you need a tying goal or some s***. 

On 9/30/2022 at 11:13 PM, bIueadams said:

In your analogy Chiarot is Abdelkader, not Holmström. 

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

In your analogy Chiarot is Abdelkader, not Holmström. 

Without Datsyuk Zberg and Lidstrom Holmstrom doesnt break 30 pts most seasons. His numbers would be pretty similar to Abbys. 

The thing with Abby and Homer is both were piss poor skaters who could barely keep up with the top6. 

Chiarot is no speedfreak or ice dancer, but hes proven he has the endurance/stamina to play 25-30 min a night. If you wanna deploy Seider for 25+ min a night you need a guy like that to be his partner.

There was no one else on the market this year who could handle that kind of deployment unless we throw everything at Chychrun or something. 

Daddy Ben is the closest thing weve got to a new Lilja. Tough enforcer Dman to keep the flies off.

27 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

There was no one else on the market this year who could handle that kind of deployment unless we throw everything at Chychrun or something. 

Daddy Ben is the closest thing weve got to a new Lilja. Tough enforcer Dman to keep the flies off.

This is true, and I understand why he is here but I just don't like it.

31 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I havent seen a reason not to like Chiarot yet.  Seems very middle of the road.

I was just hoping for more, I guess. Everytime I hear the words "keeps the flies off" or "wrecks shop", all I'm hearing is that he is not very good at hockey. 

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

You're upset because he's Italian-Canadian and not another Swede...

We are so close to an all-euro-defense!

34 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I was just hoping for more, I guess. Everytime I hear the words "keeps the flies off" or "wrecks shop", all I'm hearing is that he is not very good at hockey. 

This reads like a kipwinger post.

Chia is Brad Stuart with upgraded size and physicality, and downgraded passing and offensive instincts.

Maata is gonna be the bung hole on this team.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Chiarot will be a fan favorite this season and next exactly what this team needs and fan scapegoat by year 3 traded in year 4. 

I don't disagree. In theory by year 3/4 we won't need step daddy Ben anymore. Edvinsson/Buium/Johanson/Wallinder will make him expendable. And he won't be liked by fans when he's moved down the lineup and off Seider's pair. Because - for the same reason he worked really well in Montreal, but not so good in Florida - he's a 1st pairing plug. His main usefulness is being able to eat big minutes with your top guy like Weber or Seider. Once you move him down the lineup he's just another average Dman filling a hole.