• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bIueadams

Ben Chiarot $4.75 x 4

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Please enlighten me on which of our draft picks is ready to step in and be a stay-at-home dman on the top pair?

Id bring up Edvinsson.  Please enlighten me as to why Seider HAS to have a "stay at home" partner.  Are you pretending Seider is Cale Makar and playing a 200' game?  The reality is MORITZ SEIDER is the defensive stalwart in his pairing.  Not some offensive dynamo risk taker.  He needs a dman that backs off the opposition with transition and offense, not one that causes him to play defense more because of a very limited offensive upside and marginal skating.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Id bring up Edvinsson.  Please enlighten me as to why Seider HAS to have a "stay at home" partner.  Are you pretending Seider is Cale Makar and playing a 200' game?  The reality is MORITZ SEIDER is the defensive stalwart in his pairing.  Not some offensive dynamo risk taker.  He needs a dman that backs off the opposition with transition and offense, not one that causes him to play defense more because of a very limited offensive upside and marginal skating.

For once he has an argument here, and I'm starting to believe I was wrong, and this is right.

Q: How much has Chiarot helped this team find defensive structure?
A: Great question cause he's one of those guys that's really committed to the defensive side of the game, and that is a big part of a team trying to grow. One of the guys I really enjoyed coaching in my career was Ryan McDonough, Ryan could care less how many goals we put in the net, all he cared about was keeping them out. And you need those types of guys. Ben is similar like that.

Q: What are the underlying numbers telling you, are their aspects of the game that aren't captured by numbers?
A: 100 percent. We're not the heaviest team. We're not the most physical team. He brings those elements. He eats pucks. There's times he makes a big hit that lifts our group. I mean look at the Minnesota game. We were being physically outmatched and he fought Reeve's because it was the right thing to do. Not many guys are gonna do that. That went a long way for this group. He brings a ton beyond the numbers in black and white.

Suck daddy benjamins AND lalondes dick chia haters

51 minutes ago, mackel said:

Chiarot is the worst move Yzerman has made.

>he wasnt good with Seider as myself, and SY, and Lalonde thought he would be.
>he's not an analytics queen (never has been)
>now he sucks (apparently)

Sure.

But he serves a purpose for this team.
Reminder, this isn't Ericsson, or Staal, or Dekeyser. Yet you guys seem to be looking to label him one of those.
He actually skates, he actually engages in the O zone (something I didn't expect) and he bangs against the forecheck.
Unless we are a legit playoff the team this guys is gonna be minus. That's the nature of the game he plays.

Other teams recognize his tough play on a regular basis. Lalonde recognizes his importance. But LGW has decided lol he sucks... lol.

Chiarot has disappointed me. I thought he would be a top pair with Seider. But he''s not useless, and will be fine in our bottom 4. I find it funny that you guys ***** more about Chiarot than you do Hagg or Lindstrom, who are entirely useless.

26 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

>he wasnt good with Seider as myself, and SY, and Lalonde thought he would be.
>he's not an analytics queen (never has been)
>now he sucks (apparently)

Sure.

But he serves a purpose for this team.
Reminder, this isn't Ericsson, or Staal, or Dekeyser. Yet you guys seem to be looking to label him one of those.
He actually skates, he actually engages in the O zone (something I didn't expect) and he bangs against the forecheck.
Unless we are a legit playoff the team this guys is gonna be minus. That's the nature of the game he plays.

Other teams recognize his tough play on a regular basis. Lalonde recognizes his importance. But LGW has decided lol he sucks... lol.

Chiarot has disappointed me. I thought he would be a top pair with Seider. But he''s not useless, and will be fine in our bottom 4. I find it funny that you guys ***** more about Chiarot than you do Hagg or Lindstrom, who are entirely useless.

Hagg and Lindstrom get paid far less.