• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Robert Hagg $800k x 1

Rate this topic

LD - Chiarot Maatta Hagg Walman (LTIR) Oesterle Edvinsson

RD - Seider Hronek Lindstrom Pysyk (LTIR) Kampfer

The Hagg signing has nothing to do with the Pysyk injury imo. They play opposite sides. Hagg is just added insurance in case Edvinsson isnt ready since Walman is also out longterm and Oesterle sucks.

Our d is likely Chiarot-Seider Maatta-Hronek Hagg/Edvinsson-Lindstrom

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

LD - Chiarot Maatta Hagg Walman (LTIR) Oesterle Edvinsson

RD - Seider Hronek Lindstrom Pysyk (LTIR) Kampfer

The Hagg signing has nothing to do with the Pysyk injury imo. They play opposite sides. Hagg is just added insurance in case Edvinsson isnt ready since Walman is also out longterm and Oesterle sucks.

Our d is likely Chiarot-Seider Maatta-Hronek Hagg/Edvinsson-Lindstrom

This cat is a +4 over 300 games with Philly, Buffalo, and Florida.  And only 16 of those games with Florida.  That's mighty impressive considering the suck level of the teams he played for.  Perhaps this guy is a hidden gem.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Gonna need guys like this when Oesterle and Maata are sold at the deadline. Yzerman is prepping for the start of the season as well as post deadline. 

Oesterle sucks and we wont be trading Maatta when were in a playoff race.

36 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Oesterle sucks and we wont be trading Maatta when were in a playoff race.

Meh - IMHO Oesterle is better than Lindstrom is.

The thing about Oesterle is he was never really truly wanted here. He has a close family member in Dearborn who is terminally ill, and thus his agent arranged for him to sign with the Wings so he could return home and be with his family. It was a charity signing by Yzerman and my guess is he was only expected to be an after-thought warm body to be used when needed while he tends to his family.

No idea what his status will be this year (not sure if his family stuff is over or ongoing still). But it'll be too bad if we never get this guys full attention/commitment. He was very steady on a bad Arizona team before us.

I get the impression most folks think Chiarot will be the new whipping boy. IMO it will be Maata. Just wait. Maata is a younger version of a 35 year old Staal, and I don't mean he plays like a 27 year old Staal. I mean he plays like 35 year old Staal. He doesn't put up points and he is a terrible skater. So he hangs back and plays a positional game, standing still and attacking opponents with his stick. Basically a shorter version of Ericsson.

Chariot is going to be a surprisingly good and dynamic partner for Seider. While Maata is gonna frustrate the hell out of everyone lol.

But to your point - this isn't a playoff team IMO - a much better deeper team fersure. But we will need to see Edvinsson make the team out of camp and make a big impact as well as have Ras + Zadina + Veleno take major forward steps for us to legit be in the post season. In reality I think Eddog spends most of the season in the AHL and 3 top Holland picks continue to dissapoint.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

The thing about Oesterle is he was never really truly wanted here. He has a close family member in Dearborn who is terminally ill, and thus his agent arranged for him to sign with the Wings so he could return home and be with his family. It was a charity signing by Yzerman and my guess is he was only expected to be an after-thought warm body to be used when needed while he tends to his family.

No idea what his status will be this year (not sure if his family stuff is over or ongoing still). But it'll be too bad if we never get this guys full attention/commitment. He was very steady on a bad Arizona team before us.

I get the impression most folks think Chiarot will be the new whipping boy. IMO it will be Maata. Just wait. Maata is a younger version of a 35 year old Staal, and I don't mean he plays like a 27 year old Staal. I mean he plays like 35 year old Staal. He doesn't put up points and he is a terrible skater. So he hangs back and plays a positional game, standing still and attacking opponents with his stick. Basically a shorter version of Ericsson.

Chariot is going to be a surprisingly good and dynamic partner for Seider. While Maata is gonna frustrate the hell out of everyone lol.

But to your point - this isn't a playoff team IMO - a much better deeper team fersure. But we will need to see Edvinsson make the team out of camp and make a big impact as well as have Ras + Zadina + Veleno take major forward steps for us to legit be in the post season. In reality I think Eddog spends most of the season in the AHL and 3 top Holland picks continue to dissapoint.

Yah, Im not sold on Maata. I think youre spot on with his assessment.  And if Edvinsson doesnt play with Hronek, Hronek is going to have a tough year.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I dont disagree on Maatta but SY clearly values stay at home defensive dmen and he wouldnt of traded Staal if we were in a playoff race either.

This is a much improved team imo with the additions and subtractions SY made this offseason. I expect Ed to make the team out of camp and have a big impact Zadina to fit nicely on L3 and Ras and Veleno to play depth roles in the bottom 6. Copp and Perron are going to bolster our top 6 and allow the aforementioned 3 to fit better in there roles. Chiarot and Maatta are big upgrades DK and Leddy imo.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Edvinsson looks at the World Juniors in August. If that kid is as dominant as he looked a year ago, and has a few weeks of competitive hockey before training camp, then I think he makes the big club. But just like SY said in his presser, Edvinsson looks bigger and thicker. Check out his chest and shoulders, he's a big dude:

I think he makes it. And that might not even be the best thing for him. A part of me wants to see him stay in GR and develop his shot (which is the only weak part of his game). The D-corps will look like this:

Chiarot-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Maatta-Lindstrom

Hagg (Oesterle waived)

We'll be a Wild Card contender (even if we don't quite make it in).

Edit: Low key favorite part of the Edvinsson interview is when Art Regner asked if he's a big as Elmer Sodorblom, Edvinsson replies "He's taller, and bigger...he's a Mountain". F*ck yes.

Edited by kipwinger

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, Im not sold on Maata. I think youre spot on with his assessment.  And if Edvinsson doesnt play with Hronek, Hronek is going to have a tough year.

Maata will be better for Hronek than DK/Staal/Leddy but it wont be a major improvement. Maata is a 3rd pairing on most teams.

6 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

I dont disagree on Maatta but SY clearly values stay at home defensive dmen and he wouldnt of traded Staal if we were in a playoff race either.

This is a much improved team imo with the additions and subtractions SY made this offseason. I expect Ed to make the team out of camp and have a big impact Zadina to fit nicely on L3 and Ras and Veleno to play depth roles in the bottom 6. Copp and Perron are going to bolster our top 6 and allow the aforementioned 3 to fit better in there roles. Chiarot and Maatta are big upgrades DK and Leddy imo.

I dont think SY "values" stay at home at Dmen over others. With DK and Staal leaving that's simply what we needed. Guys who play the PK. 

I agree were better, but i think its still in our best interest to sell at the deadline. We wont be beating tampa florida or toronto in the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Edvinsson looks at the World Juniors in August. If that kid is as dominant as he looked a year ago, and has a few weeks of competitive hockey before training camp, then I think he makes the big club. But just like SY said in his presser, Edvinsson looks bigger and thicker. Check out his chest and shoulders, he's a big dude:

I think he makes it. And that might not even be the best thing for him. A part of me wants to see him stay in GR and develop his shot (which is the only weak part of his game). The D-corps will look like this:

Chiarot-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Maatta-Lindstrom

Hagg (Oesterle waived)

Edit: Low key favorite part of the Edvinsson interview is when Art Regner asked if he's a big as Elmer Sodorblom, Edvinsson replies "He's taller, and bigger...he's a Mountain". F*ck yes.

Eddog makes the team bc Maata, Hagg, and Oesterle are terrible. Ideally id like him to spend most of the year in GR,but i wont complain if he doesnt. 

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Maata will be better for Hronek than DK/Staal/Leddy but it wont be a major improvement. Maata is a 3rd pairing on most teams.

I dont think SY "values" stay at home at Dmen over others. With DK and Staal leaving that's simply what we needed. Guys who play the PK. 

I agree were better, but i think its still in our best interest to sell at the deadline. We wont be beating tampa florida or toronto in the 1st round. 

Eddog makes the team bc Maata, Hagg, and Oesterle are terrible. Ideally id like him to spend most of the year in GR,but i wont complain if he doesnt. 

I agree with the bolded. Somebody has to kill penalties. Seider can, and probably will, but you need more than that. Remains to be seen whether Edvinsson can do it at this level but he was quite good at it in the SHL.

I don't agree that we won't beat Toronto. Toronto sucks. I think we'll split with them in the regular season and we'd wreck them in the playoffs. They've got a terrible defense, terrible goaltending, and no depth. F*ck Toronto.

I think we'll have a comparably good record to Toronto and we'll probably be better than Boston (and Washington). We're solidly a Wild Card team (Washington sucks too). It's not just that we added a lot up front (we did), but we're bound to have a better powerplay (and PK), our goalies are better, we'll have a full season of Vrana, and we'll be better overall defensively both A) because we're deeper and better defensively up front, B) addition by subtraction on the back end.

Totally agree with selling at the deadline though. Especially if guys like Berggren, Sodorblom, Jahansson, or McIsaac are playing well in Grand Rapids. You could pretty easily trade guys like Suter, Zadina, Kubalik, Maatta, etc., replace from within, and come out with a better team AND draft picks.

Edited by kipwinger

18 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

SY isnt gonna trade away pieces at the deadline if were still in the race. Imagine the message that sends to the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, redw1ngs said:

SY isnt gonna trade away pieces at the deadline if were still in the race. Imagine the message that sends to the rest of the team.

Typically I'd agree with this, but I'm not sure I do in this case. Berggren is more than ready. McIsaac/Hagg/Oesterle are probably AS capable as Maatta. Remains to be seen on Sodorblom and Johansson, but given that they've performed really really well in pro-leagues already they could be ready to step in at the deadline. Obviously SY isn't going to trade key pieces if we're in the hunt, but I can easily see a scenario where someone like Kubalik or Zadina could be moved (if the price is right) and replaced by Berggren/Sodorblom without any big loss to the team's momentum.

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Chiarot-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Maatta-Lindstrom

Hagg (Oesterle waived)

I was under the impression that Edvinsson is skipping the World Juniors to focus on making the roster.

Craig Button @ 17:30

22 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I was under the impression that Edvinsson is skipping the World Juniors to focus on making the roster.

Craig Button @ 17:30

Update: This article came out today and says Edvinsson is playing the WJC.

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/news/red-wings-prospect-simon-edvinsson-vying-for-nhl-roster-spot-in-2022-23/c-335019320

I saw that too. I’m fine with it. The WJC will be a good tune up for Edvinsson, who’s trying to make the team at training camp. Kasper isn’t competing for a roster spot so he does t really need the tune up.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I saw that too. I’m fine with it. The WJC will be a good tune up for Edvinsson, who’s trying to make the team at training camp. Kasper isn’t competing for a roster spot so he does t really need the tune up.

No still woulda liked to see what he could do against the best of his age group. Wonder what his reason would be for not going?

7 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

No still woulda liked to see what he could do against the best of his age group. Wonder what his reason would be for not going?

I do understand the allure of watching a Red Wings prospect torch a bunch of Canadian teenagers, but he already played in the World Championships against men (including NHL players) and had 2 points (assits) in 7 games. At this point I don't really see a need for him to play in the World Juniors. What's he going to prove there that he hasn't already proven by contributing (and producing) in the SHL, the Champions League, and the World Championships against top men's league competition.

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I do understand the allure of watching a Red Wings prospect torch a bunch of Canadian teenagers, but he already played in the World Championships against men (including NHL players) and had 2 points (assits) in 7 games. At this point I don't really see a need for him to play in the World Juniors. What's he going to prove there that he hasn't already proven by contributing (and producing) in the SHL, the Champions League, and the World Championships against top men's league competition.

No doubt he can hang with the big boys hes proven that but Id like to see if he could dominated his age group. I think that could be a big boost in confidence going into another SHL season and prove to himself and the doubters that like SY said his offensive game is underrated.