• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
town123

World Juniors

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This is what I would like to see for his development. Even if it's GR. 

I think he'll make the Red Wings, but if he does go to GR I'm not gonna be angry. Defense is a hard position to learn to play correctly, even for top guys like him. Seider spent two years developing (if only because of the pandemic) and I think he's probably better because of it. Edvinsson still needs to work on his shot as well, so GR would give him a lot of reps doing that.

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I am a bit confused on European prospects. Do we have a certain amount of years to sign them, or are their rights owned forever?

I might be mistaken, but I think it depends on the league. For almost all Euros the rules are the same as they are for North American players. But in the case of Russians I think the team retains their rights longer. I'm not sure if it's forever, but longer. I remember the Wings still owned Alexander Kadeykin's rights a few years ago when he was still well into his mid-20s.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im excited to watch good looking, testosterone filled, hard hitting Canada vs R-Slured, Lazy Eyed, Contact Avoiding Sweden.

Based Seabass Cossa vs Jesper Weenieboy Walstedt.

These are the kind of posts i come here for

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im excited to watch good looking, testosterone filled, hard hitting Canada vs R-Slured, Lazy Eyed, Contact Avoiding Sweden.

Unfortunately Cossa sucks and wont play the Swedish Wall(stedt) will shut the door on the lackluster Canadian boys. Edvinsson will continue to dominate along with Wallinder and Niederbach. 

14 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Tired: Good looking, clean cut, square jawed, Canadian puds.

Wired: Beady-eyed, slack jawed, mullet sporting, American winners. 

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/08/12/carter-mazur-three-points-usa-wjc-detroit-red-wings-prospect-denver/

6 hours ago, mackel said:

Swapping out a Canadian for an American...  downgrade

Joking aside...

Hronek and Bertuzzi are two of the only men of culture on this team. Men with pushback. Replacing them on the stat sheet is maybe doable. Replacing them in the lockerroom isnt as easyily done. 

Id like to see more Hroneks and Bertuzzis on this team. Not less. This isnt your fine wine 2008 Lidstrom gentemanly red wings anymore. This is Seider era. We dont play fancy finesse anymore. We jam square pegs into round holes and tell u to deal with it. This team is going to brute force its way back into the league with big talented fearless players like Seider, Kasper, Edvinsson, Bertuzzi, Soderblom, Mazur, and Cossa. And we will not care how much our oppents cry about it. 

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Joking aside...

Hronek and Bertuzzi are two of the only men of culture on this team. Men with pushback. Replacing them on the stat sheet is maybe doable. Replacing them in the lockerroom isnt as easyily done. 

Id like to see more Hroneks and Bertuzzis on this team. Not less. This isnt your fine wine 2008 Lidstrom gentemanly red wings anymore. This is Seider era. We dont play fancy finesse anymore. We jam square pegs into round holes and tell u to deal with it. This team is going to brute force its way back into the league with big talented fearless players like Seider, Kasper, Edvinsson, Bertuzzi, Soderblom, Mazur, and Cossa. And we will not care how much our oppents cry about it. 

Seider is more of a Lidstrom type off the ice tho. I expect any leadership he provides to be way more passive.