• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
town123

World Juniors

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Seider is more of a Lidstrom type off the ice tho. I expect any leadership he provides to be way more passive.

Are we watching the same team????

Lidstrom was stoic and quiet lead by example.

Seider is literally overflowing with charisma and outgoing in ur face personality. 

These two are not at all similar. 

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Seider is literally overflowing with charisma and outgoing in ur face personality. 

The only thing they'll have in common is the fact that they'll take over as captain once their current captain retires/leaves.

7 minutes ago, town123 said:

Did Eddog not play last night?    Looks like he wasn't in the lineup and I can't find any explanation.

He was taken out of an exhibition game as well for precautionary reasons. I'm guessing where it was "just Germany" they are resting him while they can as he is not 100%. 

Hope it doesn't f*** s*** up for training camp.

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Seider is not the "in your face" or "rah, rah, rah" type of leader. Their personalities may be different, but every Captain since SY has been more of a laid back, passive type leader. 

Seider is similar to Larkin. Kind of goofy, even a little bit awkward off the ice from what I've seen. Almost a wholesome "Goody 2 Shoes" type. Nothing wrong with that. Just a different persona than what he does on the ice.

Most players said the same thing about Yzerman. Apparently he very rarely addressed the team during his time as Captain. In Yzerman's "NHL 100" video package Brendan Shanahan (and I think McCarty) explicitly talks about this too.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Most players said the same thing about Yzerman. Apparently he very rarely addressed the team during his time as Captain. In Yzerman's "NHL 100" video package Brendan Shanahan (and I think McCarty) explicitly talks about this too.

Yeah, Stevie only spoke up when he absolutely had to. He was very much lead by example. The 2002 run was the personification of this.

On 8/16/2022 at 11:46 PM, daniel1 said:

Anyone else impressed with Mazur so far at the Juniors? I really like his hustle and nose for the net. 

Carter Mazur is f*cking awesome and will make everyone forget about Bertuzzi after he demands a trade in 6 months 

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Wallstedt just choked.  Bye Swedes.

Meanwhile, Seabass is in the final.

lol I know this is satire but Wallstedt let in 1ga .960sv% against 1 of the best offensive teams Finland. Cossa let in 2ga .910sv% against 1 of the worst offensive teams Latvia. Wallstedt gave his team every opportunity to win if Cossa was in net for Finland Sweden would of won.

Side note Edvinsson didnt look good hopefully lingering sideeffects from food poisoning.

4 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

lol I know this is satire but Wallstedt let in 1ga .960sv% against 1 of the best offensive teams Finland. Cossa let in 2ga .910sv% against 1 of the worst offensive teams Latvia. Wallstedt gave his team every opportunity to win if Cossa was in net for Finland Sweden would of won.

Side note Edvinsson didnt look good hopefully lingering sideeffects from food poisoning.

Yah, Sweden stunk.  Not impressed.

17 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edvinsson should have skipped the WJC altogether and focused on getting ready for training camp and the prospect tournament. There was literally no benefit to him going, and now he has actually hurt his value and chance to make the roster.

How has he hurt his value and chance to make the roster?