• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2023 Offseason

Rate this topic

We're going to have the same glaring need we had this year in the 2023 offseason: LHD

Maata, Oesterle, Walman, and Hagg will all become UFA. Leaving us with a young Edvinsson to add, and probably another LHD prospect who is not ready.

Possible options available next offseason at the moment:

• Orlov
  • Sanheim
  • Ghostbear
  • Klefbom
  • Dumoulin
  • Gardiner
  • Graves
  • Cole
  • Gavrikov
  • Moore
  • Soucy

Wayyyyyyyyy more options than there were this year. This year guys like Cole were topping the lists. Next year he will be a 2nd choice college.

A guy like Orlov, Graves, or Klefbom would be huge add next year. Force Chiarot down and all 3 defensive lines would have talent on them. 

As far as forwards go, we can shed Suter and Erne (and panik and nielsens salaries finally) and sign someone like Tarasenko, Zucker, NYQUIST, TATAR, Killorn, Donskoi, Kerfoot, to name a few. 

We only get better from here. 

Edited by bIueadams

Next season:

Forwards:

• Larkin $8
  • Bertuzzi $8
  • Copp $5.625
  • Vrana $5.25
  • Perron $4.75
  • Fabbri $4
  • Kubalik $2.5
  • Zadina $1.825
  • Rasmussen $1.46
  • Raymond $0.925
  • Berggren $0.925
  • Veleno $0.894167
  • Abdelkader $1.055556 *buyout
  • Total: (x12 forwards) $39.959723 million

Defense:

• Chiarot $4.75
  • Hronek $4.4
  • Lindstrom $1.5
  • Edvinsson $0.925
  • Seider $0.863333
  • Total: (x5 dmen) $12.438333

Goalie:

• Husso $4.75
  • Nedeljkovic $4.5
  • Total: (x2 goalies) $9.25

> guessing on Larkin, Bertuzzi, Lindstrom, and Ned.

Total spending: $61.648056

Barely above the salary floor. SY has AGAIN put us in a position to spend roughly $20 million dollars on upgrades.  I suspect he will want to actually spend about $10 to $15 million. We won't need as much depth pieces with guys like Johansson, Cossa, Soderblom, and friends on the call up list. But we will need at least one solid LHD, and then with enough money left over we can probably nab a big impact piece at the forward position. With cap room to spare.

7 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Next season:

Forwards:

• Larkin $8
  • Bertuzzi $8.    Need to trade.
  • Copp $5.625
  • Vrana $5.25
  • Perron $4.75
  • Fabbri $4.       Need to trade.
  • Kubalik $2.5
  • Zadina $1.825
  • Rasmussen $1.46
  • Raymond $0.925
  • Berggren $0.925
  • Veleno $0.894167

Defense:

• Chiarot $4.75.         Need to trade.
  • Hronek $4.4
  • Lindstrom $1.5
  • Edvinsson $0.925
  • Seider $0.863333

Goalie:

• Husso $4.75.         Need to trade.
  • Nedeljkovic $4.5

Barely above the salary floor. SY has AGAIN put us in a position to spend roughly $20 million dollars on upgrades.  I suspect he will want to actually spend about $10 to $15 million. We won't need as much depth pieces with guys like Johansson, Cossa, Soderblom, and friends on the call up list. But we will need at least one solid LHD, and then with enough money left over we can probably nab a big impact piece at the forward position. With cap room to spare.

If I were Yzerman, I'd be looking to trade Bertuzzi, Fabri, Chiarot, and Husso come February.  

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If I were Yzerman, I'd be looking to trade Bertuzzi, Fabri, Chiarot, and Husso come February.  

And Larkin if there is no progress on an extension by then.

Highly unlikely, of course. I assume he'll be locked up before the opener.

Edvinsson will be on the roster next season. Chiarot will be back. That's your top 2 LD. Johansson will have completed a season in GR and may be ready to make the jump. If McIsaac isn't ready by next season, he likely never will be. The D is already set for next season: Seider/Chiarot, Edvinsson/Hronek, Johansson, Lindstrom, McIsaac

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

And Larkin if there is no progress on an extension by then.

Highly unlikely, of course. I assume he'll be locked up before the opener.

I would be lying of I said I' m not worried if he doesn't sign by October. Bertuzzi too.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edvinsson will be on the roster next season. Chiarot will be back. That's your top 2 LD. Johansson will have completed a season in GR and may be ready to make the jump. If McIsaac isn't ready by next season, he likely never will be. The D is already set for next season: Seider/Chiarot, Edvinsson/Hronek, Johansson, Lindstrom, McIsaac

I would be lying of I said I' m not worried if he doesn't sign by October. Bertuzzi too.

Sounds nice on paper, but not really how it works. Hagg, Pysyk, Kampfer, and Oesterle exist for a reason. SY is not just going to play all his cards on "maybe Ed and Jo are ready". He's likely going to sign another competent Dman that Ed and Jo will have to out compete. 

I'd bet SY signs beyond just 1 as well. 

16 minutes ago, mackel said:

Why trade Husso?

Scott has brain damage from all the grill smoke he inhales

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Why trade Husso?

Only if we can get something good.  A 3 goalie rotation is ok I guess, too.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Sounds nice on paper, but not really how it works. Hagg, Pysyk, Kampfer, and Oesterle exist for a reason. SY is not just going to play all his cards on "maybe Ed and Jo are ready". He's likely going to sign another competent Dman that Ed and Jo will have to out compete. 

I'd bet SY signs beyond just 1 as well. 

Scott has brain damage from all the grill smoke he inhales

Edvinsson aint gonna sit for a journeyman, dude.  He will make the team THIS YEAR and play.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Only if we can get something good.  A 3 goalie rotation is ok I guess, too.

Edvinsson aint gonna sit for a journeyman, dude.  He will make the team THIS YEAR and play.

Have you ever considered that you will die in CALIFORNIA and therefore go to HELL?

9 hours ago, mackel said:

Why trade Husso?

He has delusions that Cossa will be NHL-ready by then

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Bert, I'm less concerned with, as he can be traded with minimal impact on the overall rebuild. If anything, for the right return trading Bert can help the rebuild.

7 hours ago, marcaractac said:

He has delusions that Cossa will be NHL-ready by then

Bert, I'm less concerned with, as he can be traded with minimal impact on the overall rebuild. If anything, for the right return trading Bert can help the rebuild.

Ya this team can afford to lose a top6w but not there top c and captain. Larkin is a lifer in Detroit I cant say the same bout Bertuzzi. If SY can get a Mantha type haul for Bert hell do it. Imo Larkin will be extended in the next few weeks and Bert gone by the deadline.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Ya this team can afford to lose a top6w but not there top c and captain. Larkin is a lifer in Detroit I cant say the same bout Bertuzzi. If SY can get a Mantha type haul for Bert hell do it. Imo Larkin will be extended in the next few weeks and Bert gone by the deadline.

So I shouldn't get the wife to be a Bertuzzi jersey for Christmas?

3 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So I shouldn't get the wife to be a Bertuzzi jersey for Christmas?

I don't own many Jersey's, but I have a signed #59.

Do not listen to the beta Larkin orbiting incels. 2uzzi is Yzerman's top guy.

Tyler has what we call in the sales business "X-factor". AKA panache, savoir faire, jen ne sais quoi, swagger, machismo. An indescribable ability and allure. He's like a wild stallion. The wild stallion scares the soft men. What if he bites me? What if he kicks me? What if he bucks me off? But hard men see the oppurtunity. Hard men know if you can wrangle this beast he'll be the most majestic steed in the stable. Yzerman is a hard man.

You have 12 hours to spend with a player alone in a room. You have 2 options. Behind door 1 is Zetterberg. Behind door 2 is Tyler Bertuzzi.

Most fans would choose door 1. Zetterberg's a legend right? How could you not choose that? But for 12 hours you will watch him comb his hair, read a book silently, contemplate stoically, and get an occasional story about his playing days, but he mostly wants to talk about his coffee shop/bakery in Sweden.

Behind door 2 on the other hand, Bertuzzi is waiting for you with a 30 rack of natty light (he's already had x5), and the skynyrd is already going on the boom box. You play beer bong together all night and swap stories about chix you piped, fishing trips, wild parties you were at, trucks you like, and jam out to rock n roll. 5 years after the greatest night of your life you get mugged in an alley. But before they can hurt you or take anything Bertuzzi shows up out of the shadows and whoops their ass white trash style. He doesn't say anything when it's all over, but gives you the standard downward nod and disappears into the night. And you never regret picking door #2.

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I don't own many Jersey's, but I have a signed #59.

Do not listen to the beta Larkin orbiting incels. 2uzzi is Yzerman's top guy.

Tyler has what we call in the sales business "X-factor". AKA panache, savoir faire, jen ne sais quoi, swagger, machismo. An indescribable ability and allure. He's like a wild stallion. The wild stallion scares the soft men. What if he bites me? What if he kicks me? What if he bucks me off? But hard men see the oppurtunity. Hard men know if you can wrangle this beast he'll be the most majestic steed in the stable. Yzerman is a hard man.

You have 12 hours to spend with a player alone in a room. You have 2 options. Behind door 1 is Zetterberg. Behind door 2 is Tyler Bertuzzi.

Most fans would choose door 1. Zetterberg's a legend right? How could you not choose that? But for 12 hours you will watch him comb his hair, read a book silently, contemplate stoically, and get an occasional story about his playing days, but he mostly wants to talk about his coffee shop/bakery in Sweden.

Behind door 2 on the other hand, Bertuzzi is waiting for you with a 30 rack of natty light (he's already had x5), and the skynyrd is already going on the boom box. You play beer bong together all night and swap stories about chix you piped, fishing trips, wild parties you were at, trucks you like, and jam out to rock n roll. 5 years after the greatest night of your life you get mugged in an alley. But before they can hurt you or take anything Bertuzzi shows up out of the shadows and whoops their ass white trash style. He doesn't say anything when it's all over, but gives you the standard downward nod and disappears into the night. And you never regret picking door #2.

youre too amped on ice and keto to handle either!

On 9/7/2022 at 2:11 AM, bIueadams said:

Next season:

Forwards:

• Larkin $8
  • Bertuzzi $8
  • Copp $5.625
  • Vrana $5.25
  • Perron $4.75
  • Fabbri $4
  • Kubalik $2.5
  • Zadina $1.825
  • Rasmussen $1.46
  • Raymond $0.925
  • Berggren $0.925
  • Veleno $0.894167

Defense:

• Chiarot $4.75
  • Hronek $4.4
  • Lindstrom $1.5
  • Edvinsson $0.925
  • Seider $0.863333

Goalie:

• Husso $4.75
  • Nedeljkovic $4.5

Bertuzzi isn't making no $8,000,000 per, Larkin will get about $9,000,000 per and Bertuzzi between $6,500,000 to $7,000,000 per.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:01 AM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yeah lets just trade players we recently signed, Not trading Husso. Cossa is still 3-4 years away from NHL ready. And Chiarot is better than what we had last year at LD. Fabbri after 3 torn ACLs has 0 value. Might as well just keep him on IR next 3 seasons. Outside of real money he's cost us nothing cap wise.

4 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Bertuzzi isn't making no $8,000,000 per, Larkin will get about $9,000,000 per and Bertuzzi between $6,500,000 to $7,000,000 per.

Yeah lets just trade players we recently signed, Not trading Husso. Cossa is still 3-4 years away from NHL ready. And Chiarot is better than what we had last year at LD. Fabbri after 3 torn ACLs has 0 value. Might as well just keep him on IR next 3 seasons. Outside of real money he's cost us nothing cap wise.

As the best forward on this team I think Bertuzzi should make more than Larkin

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Larkin wont get more than 8.5 per. Bertuzzi will be under 7.

I am not changing how I piss to satisfy the delusions of a female pretender.

Men who should pee sitting down: Disabled war veterans who've lost use of their legs
Men who should pee standing up: Everyone else and traps. That's right honey. You wanted to be a guy, and guys pee standing up. Now hang that mutilated *** over the urinal and deal with the consequences of your actions.

Edited by bIueadams

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Larkins better then Bertuzzi plays a premier position and is the captain. If eithers getting traded its the Canadien hick boy.

I mostly piss standing but pissing sitting truly is underrated.

That didnt take long

Larkin guys: piss sitting down

Bertuzzi guys: stand to pee