Sundqvist: 3
Maata: 2
Vrana: 1
Veleno: 1
Raymond: 1
Rasmussen: 1
Larkin: 1
Chiarot: 1

I've been noticing that Perron and Kubalik seem to have a lot of chemistry so I went through all of Kubalik's and Perron's points this season and tallied who the other contributors were. Unsurprisingly, Perron and Kubalik are the main contributors to one anothers points.

I think it's also interesting to note that Larkin seems to gel well with Kubalik, but not Perron. Having contributed to x8 of Kubalik''s points, but only on x1 of Perron's.

I also highlighted Hronek because he seems to play well with both Kubalik and Perron. In general though Hronek is playing a lot better this season. The Maata/Hronek pairing has been surprisingly excellent IMO. 

I think you keep Perron and Kubalik together and let them be centered by Copp... maybe their chemistry gets him going a little more. Leave Larkin with Bertuzzi and Raymond per usual.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp - Perron
Sundqvist - Rasmussen - Berggren
Erne - Veleno - Suter

This is what I'd like to see

This was the most complete Red Wings game of the season. And it should have been. Columbus is decimated by injury and were basically playing with an AHL team. We were supposed to dominate that game, and we did. Every single aspect of the game, even strength, special teams, you name it. These are the kinds of games that improve a team because they're more than practice, but not as high stakes as a game against the league's best. Just high level reps for a team that needs them. Huge win.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This was the most complete Red Wings game of the season. And it should have been. Columbus is decimated by injury and were basically playing with an AHL team. We were supposed to dominate that game, and we did. Every single aspect of the game, even strength, special teams, you name it. These are the kinds of games that improve a team because they're more than practice, but not as high stakes as a game against the league's best. Just high level reps for a team that needs them. Huge win.

Agreed.  I like that we played til the final horn to.  Our style didnt really change til the last 2-3 mins of the game.  That a difference in coaching.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  I like that we played til the final horn to.  Our style didnt really change til the last 2-3 mins of the game.  That a difference in coaching.

The only big change I'd like to see is getting Chiarot off Seider's pair. I always thought of Chiarot as a shutdown, stay-at-home guy because of his physicality but that's really not his game. He wants to play in the offensive zone too. Ideally I'd like to see all of Seider, Hronek, and Chiarot playing with a more defensively minded partner to allow their offense to flourish. Without bringing someone in from outside the team I'd do something like below, but obviously longer term I'd want to see someone better than Hagg on that top pair.

Hagg-Seider

Maatta-Hronek

Chiarot-Lindstrom

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

The only big change I'd like to see is getting Chiarot off Seider's pair. I always thought of Chiarot as a shutdown, stay-at-home guy because of his physicality but that's really not his game. He wants to play in the offensive zone too. Ideally I'd like to see all of Seider, Hronek, and Chiarot playing with a more defensively minded partner to allow their offense to flourish. Without bringing someone in from outside the team I'd do something like below, but obviously longer term I'd want to see someone better than Hagg on that top pair.

Hagg-Seider

Maatta-Hronek

Chiarot-Lindstrom

lotta money tied up in Chiarot for 12 mins a night

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

lotta money tied up in Chiarot for 12 mins a night

Meh, you're underpaying for Seider and Hronek so it comes out in the wash. Not ideal, but not a difference maker. Give him 12-14 even strength minutes and another 3.5 on the PK and he's earned his keep. I just don't think Seider can be as dynamic as we'd like to see him be with Chiarot. I'd rather see Seider with a true stay at home guy (like Tampa does with Hedman-Cernak).

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Hagg-Seider

Maatta-Hronek

Chiarot-Lindstrom

For the first time ever I want to preach patience. Copp, Seider, Bertuzzi, Vrana, have all started slow/injured. Normally this would sink us, but our secondaries like Kubalik, Maata, Hronek, Perron, and Sundqvist have stepped up bigger than anyone could have imagined. It's beautiful honestly. And that group of players that has started slow are all good enough where I'm not really worried... It's nice to have this depth again...

The thing I value in Chiarot is the ability to be a plug for 25+ minutes a night. Most plugs can't skate that much without seriously shooting their teams in the foot. But Seider has been quiet to start the season. I don't think that's because of Chiarot, it's cause of Seider. He needs to pull himself out of this sophomore slump and find his mojo. When that happens Chiarot will look real nice next to him all of the sudden, but Ben is not the driver on that pairing.

Hagg is whatever, he hits a lot, but he's northing decent. Lindstrom is a poor mans Jensen. We should consider trading Lindstrom soon to extract some value from his youth. I don't expect him to ever seriously impact this team.

And I forgot to mention that I can't say enough about Hronek/Matta right now. They have been the big boys on that D corps. For all the worries that many had about Hornek, and that I had about Maata, they are both playing like they want more. Good on em. 

15 hours ago, bIueadams said:

For the first time ever I want to preach patience. Copp, Seider, Bertuzzi, Vrana, have all started slow/injured. Normally this would sink us, but our secondaries like Kubalik, Maata, Hronek, Perron, and Sundqvist have stepped up bigger than anyone could have imagined. It's beautiful honestly. And that group of players that has started slow are all good enough where I'm not really worried... It's nice to have this depth again...

The thing I value in Chiarot is the ability to be a plug for 25+ minutes a night. Most plugs can't skate that much without seriously shooting their teams in the foot. But Seider has been quiet to start the season. I don't think that's because of Chiarot, it's cause of Seider. He needs to pull himself out of this sophomore slump and find his mojo. When that happens Chiarot will look real nice next to him all of the sudden, but Ben is not the driver on that pairing.

Hagg is whatever, he hits a lot, but he's northing decent. Lindstrom is a poor mans Jensen. We should consider trading Lindstrom soon to extract some value from his youth. I don't expect him to ever seriously impact this team.

And I forgot to mention that I can't say enough about Hronek/Matta right now. They have been the big boys on that D corps. For all the worries that many had about Hornek, and that I had about Maata, they are both playing like they want more. Good on em. 

I see what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. But I'd just clarify that it's not that I'm trying to minimize Chiarot as much as maximize his value. Like Hronek I think he's probably MORE effective with slightly fewer minutes against lesser competition. If he's not out there against top lines he won't be defending as much and we might get a little more offense out of him.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, kipwinger said:

Hagg-Seider

Maatta-Hronek

Chiarot-Lindstrom

I have to agree with you at this point. I'm tired of seeing Chiarot step up in the Ozone. 

BRO you're literally bad with the puck stahhhhhhhhpppppp

If he would do what was expected, and not try to do too much, this pairing would be looking better