• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Am I Wrong here?

Rate this topic

Here's how I see things right now: Strategy of the trade:

Young core players: Larkin - Bertuzzi - Raymond - Seider - Vrana - Hronek - Husso
Unlikely to be traded: Copp - Fabbri - Chiarot - Perron 
Hot trade bait: Kubalik - Maata
Eligible for trade: Suter - Sundqvist - Erne - Oesterle - Walman - Zadina - Lindstrom - Nedjelkovic 
Little worth: Hellberg - Hagg - Pysyk - Luff
Still prospects: Rasmussen - Veleno - Soderblom - Berggren

I would trade anyone between and including "Little worth" and "Hot trade bait".

Edited by bIueadams

You're not gonna like this but Bert is as good as gone. In an ideal world he'd re-sign but I don't see it happening. He's gonna want way more than Steve is going to be willing to commit to him by the TDL and SY isn't going to lose him for nothing. Plus, Kubalik's awakening has basically ensured that Bert's loss (offensively) can be mitigated. Plus, if they go out and get Horvat they're essentially getting a similarly productive, gritty, and aged player at a position of need. Regardless, Bert's days with the Wings are numbered.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

You're not gonna like this but Bert is as good as gone. In an ideal world he'd re-sign but I don't see it happening. He's gonna want way more than Steve is going to be willing to commit to him by the TDL and SY isn't going to lose him for nothing. Plus, Kubalik's awakening has basically ensured that Bert's loss (offensively) can be mitigated. Plus, if they go out and get Horvat they're essentially getting a similarly productive, gritty, and aged player at a position of need. Regardless, Bert's days with the Wings are numbered.

I agree. The vax thing no longer being an issue all but confirms it tbh.

I'm just getting more and more concerned that Larkin has yet to put pen to paper. Before the season started word was they were close to a deal. Nothing since. Because Larkin can't survive the TDL without a contract either. 

This rebuild could start looking way different if Larkin doesn't re-sign on time.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Kubalik has far and away been the best UFA pickup leaguewide so far. But Im more of the opinion that we should sell high on this guy. Im not convinced these numbers are sustainable at this level yet.

20 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I agree. The vax thing no longer being an issue all but confirms it tbh.

I'm just getting more and more concerned that Larkin has yet to put pen to paper. Before the season started word was they were close to a deal. Nothing since. Because Larkin can't survive the TDL without a contract either. 

This rebuild could start looking way different if Larkin doesn't re-sign on time.

If either isnt signed by jan 1st thatll be a real bad sign for them leaving. Without Larkin the whole rebuild resets IMO. 

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Kubalik has far and away been the best UFA pickup leaguewide so far. But Im more of the opinion that we should sell high on this guy. Im not convinced these numbers are sustainable at this level yet.

If either isnt signed by jan 1st thatll be a real bad sign for them leaving. Without Larkin the whole rebuild resets IMO. 

Agreed. And what would really sting is the team wouldn't be bad enough to have a legit chance at a guy like Bedard. 

We'd get a nice haul for Bert and Larkin. But would it lead to acquiring another potential 1C? I have my doubts.

Larkin aint goin nowhere. Anyone that thinks theres a chance he gets moved is daf. pen to paper or not DL and SY will have a handshake agreement in place before the deadline if they dont already. SY isnt about to lose his 1c best player and captain. Bertuzzi I could see SY shopping tho. 

I think the Larkin deal gets done. I'm not at all convinced that the reason he isn't signed yet is because of HIM and not SY. He's having the best season of his career. Imagine if he'd signed in the offseason for 8 million (or whatever) when he's likely above 9 million now. Maybe he wants to play most of the season out to increase his value?

Bert's trickier. I absolutely love the player but his value is hard to determine. He's been injured most of his career. But when he wasn't he had some really solid seasons. So, is he a 6 million dollar winger or a 7.5 million dollar winger? And how do you know what you're getting going forward when there's no track record. There's not a chance in hell that his agent and SY agree on that value and we're running out of time before the TDL for him to prove to SY which player he is. You might very well be better off trading him, getting the assets, and throw that 6-7 million at a guy like Horvat.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think the Larkin deal gets done. I'm not at all convinced that the reason he isn't signed yet is because of HIM and not SY. He's having the best season of his career. Imagine if he'd signed in the offseason for 8 million (or whatever) when he's likely above 9 million now. Maybe he wants to play most of the season out to increase his value?

Bert's trickier. I absolutely love the player but his value is hard to determine. He's been injured most of his career. But when he wasn't he had some really solid seasons. So, is he a 6 million dollar winger or a 7.5 million dollar winger? And how do you know what you're getting going forward when there's no track record. There's not a chance in hell that his agent and SY agree on that value and we're running out of time before the TDL for him to prove to SY which player he is. You might very well be better off trading him, getting the assets, and throw that 6-7 million at a guy like Horvat.

I too think a Larkin deal gets done. But concern within me grows the longer we go without an announcement. It's only sensible, however, if a deal isn't done by TDL that he has to be moved. Under no circumstance can this team risk losing Larkin for nothing. It would set the rebuild back a couple of years at best.

I'd love Bert to stick around for the right price. But yeah, he's as good as gone. Hopefully, Bert's status has no implications on Larkin.

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Bo Horvat can suck my baby dick

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I too think a Larkin deal gets done. But concern within me grows the longer we go without an announcement. It's only sensible, however, if a deal isn't done by TDL that he has to be moved. Under no circumstance can this team risk losing Larkin for nothing. It would set the rebuild back a couple of years at best.

I'd love Bert to stick around for the right price. But yeah, he's as good as gone. Hopefully, Bert's status has no implications on Larkin.

Only way Bert is "good as gone" is if he's a pure merc who's only after the money. If that's the case so be it, but im not wholly convinced yet that it is.

SY can afford to keep both, even at overpayments, with a good amount of cap left over. So really it comes down to Bertuzzi and if he wants to be a Wing, or if he wants a bidding war for his services this summer. And there will be a bidding war if the rumors from the last TDL are any indication. 

26 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

No contract is getting signed before the tdl and Larkin aint getting traded. Im sure theres a mutual understanding/agreement between both parties and a deal will get done after this season.

Im not sure which side dragged it out but Im guessing it was Larkin wanting to bet on himself a bet that will most def pay off big.

38 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

No contract is getting signed before the tdl and Larkin aint getting traded. Im sure theres a mutual understanding/agreement between both parties and a deal will get done after this season.

Im not sure which side dragged it out but Im guessing it was Larkin wanting to bet on himself a bet that will most def pay off big.

Oh god Larkin is gonna string us along and sign with CBJ isnt he

What if we exercise the 8th year on Bertuzzi to keep him? He would begin his final season at 35, and end it at 36. 

Also Roope Hintz just extended for $8.45 x 8. He's a fresh 26. Good comparable for Larkin and Bert.

Bertuzzi 7.5x8
Larkin 9x8

>SY trying to trade 2uzzi out of DET

>Refuses vax - untradeable

>SY doesnt extend him over the summer

>Trys to catch puck and breaks hand 2nd game into the season - kill trade value

>Return and trade rumors start up again

>illdoitagain.jpeg

>Try to catch puck and break hand again - kill all trade value

Detroit will never be able to rid themselves of 4D injury chess Tyler and will be forced to extend him. He's here for life. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:41 AM, bIueadams said:

>SY trying to trade 2uzzi out of DET

>Refuses vax - untradeable

>SY doesnt extend him over the summer

>Trys to catch puck and breaks hand 2nd game into the season - kill trade value

>Return and trade rumors start up again

>illdoitagain.jpeg

>Try to catch puck and break hand again - kill all trade value

Detroit will never be able to rid themselves of 4D injury chess Tyler and will be forced to extend him. He's here for life. 

SY: We have a deal in place finally, Kris.

Kris: Lamoriello is on the phone, Steve.  Deal's off.  Says Tyler didnt pass his physical.  He added a third ******** to his scrotum, and it's all infected.  Doc says he will be ready by training camp, tho.