• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

12/14 - Ned's Dead Baby GDT - Hellberg v Wild - Already in the 2nd

Rate this topic

57 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We f u c k i n g suck.  So lazy.

I don't agree, we're missing our top D pair and all but 1 of our best forwards coming into the season.

This team is 2/3 of an AHL squad.

26 minutes ago, Rick D said:

After listening for these TNT announcers for an entire game, I have vowed to never say another bad thing about Jimmy Howard’s commentary. 

This crew was 1000× better than the last National crew.  But if I hear "Gordie Howe Hatrick" again I might punch someone in the throat. 

4 hours ago, Rick D said:

After listening for these TNT announcers for an entire game, I have vowed to never say another bad thing about Jimmy Howard’s commentary. 

You have to always remember we are legit spoiled with the best play by play in the league by a long shot. Redmond and Daniels are 1st ballot HOF. Most teams are fielding Jimmy Howard, or lesser.

I don't think anyone has realized yet what an atom bomb on this team/crew it will be when Mick retires. Get ready, cause unless Yzerman is gonna smoke blunts and trash players he doesn't like live on broadcast, we are gonna be majorly disappointed with Micks replacement.

I don't think I'm even being a little bit homer either. I've seen our broadcast ranked and admired by other teams fans.

So Howard is probably actually just average, per usual ;)

Edited by bIueadams

BTW Im honestly disappointed in some Wings fans Ive seen on that Hronek hit. That was clean all the way. In Reaves terms that hit wasn't even that substantial. Fil learned an important lesson tonight - don't look backwards when Reaves is on the ice dumby.

Hope he isn't injured forever or something. Now him after Maata, and our defense is suddenly decimated... hoorayyyyy

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

That was clean all the way.

I've only looked at it a couple of times but it doesn't look like a perfect hit to me.

In Reaves terms that hit wasn't even that substantial.

"REAVO!" "The REAVO-train!" The redditor squeals!

don't look backwards when Reaves is on the ice dumby.

Doesn't matter who made the hit or which way the recipient was looking if the hit was to the head. 

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

BTW Im honestly disappointed in some Wings fans Ive seen on that Hronek hit. That was clean all the way. In Reaves terms that hit wasn't even that substantial. Fil learned an important lesson tonight - don't look backwards when Reaves is on the ice dumby.

Hope he isn't injured forever or something. Now him after Maata, and our defense is suddenly decimated... hoorayyyyy

I do not think the hit was malicious on Reeves's part whatsoever. But Hronek's head was a principal point of contact. Incidental? 100%, no doubt. But I can see why people don't like the hit. 

Hronek 100% has to be more aware as well. 

It could very well be a suspendable hit based on the contact to the head. But with how inconsistent the league is, who knows? I wouldn't be upset either way. If no punishment, it was just an unfortunate result. If he is suspended, rules are rules, accidents be damned. 

On 12/13/2022 at 6:34 PM, kipwinger said:

Hot.

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I've only looked at it a couple of times but it doesn't look like a perfect hit to me.

"REAVO!" "The REAVO-train!" The redditor squeals!

Doesn't matter who made the hit or which way the recipient was looking if the hit was to the head. 

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I do not think the hit was malicious on Reeves's part whatsoever. But Hronek's head was a principal point of contact. Incidental? 100%, no doubt. But I can see why people don't like the hit. 

Hronek 100% has to be more aware as well. 

It could very well be a suspendable hit based on the contact to the head. But with how inconsistent the league is, who knows? I wouldn't be upset either way. If no punishment, it was just an unfortunate result. If he is suspended, rules are rules, accidents be damned. 

>stop striding. Coast. Bring arms up to chest. Push through the hit with arms instead of jumping. 

>out to lunch manlet, who's head is where a mans shoulders should be, runs his dome straight into the hit

Tired of seeing bigger guys get punished bc a short guy left himself defensless. Its just physics at that point that there's going to be some head contact.

That hit was text book. You know what would have ACTUALLY prevented head contact in this scenario? Hronek not looking full on backwards while skating up the center of the ice with the puck lol. If he wasnt so egregiously unaware he could have had those final split seconds to brace and protect himself. But he didnt cause Hronek was the one being dumb here. 

Maybe the NHL should make being an r slur against the rules. Dude got textbook rocked. The small should fear the large. 

Tired of seeing bigger guys get punished bc a short guy left himself defensless. Its just physics at that point that there's going to be some head contact.

Do you mean that 2 whole inches of height difference?

Anyways, not sure why you're trying to educate me on the hit. I didn't even disagree with you, to begin with. I just pointed out that because of head contact, I get why some folks don't like it. 

But hey, it's a league that pretends CTE isn't an issue. So what odds, right?

Just now, marcaractac said:

Anyways, not sure why you're trying to educate me on the hit. I didn't even disagree with you, to begin with. I just pointed out that because of head contact, I get why some folks don't like it. 

Its the added spazzing you do, Marc.  Its offputting.

48 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Russo reporting no discipline for Reaves

Blueadams: 1

Nerd boy losers: 0

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It's actually sad how hard you try to get a reaction out of me. But please go continue being a bigot on discord

My assistant handles all my social media and discord for me, I have no idea what goes on there.

My feeling about the hit: 

- The hit was a little high, it did seem like the initial contact was in the head. 

- We have had big hitters on our team before and the consensus after a big hit is always, "The other guy needs to keep his head up and looking forward". It is no different when the hits come our way. 

It's simple, when a guy like Reaves is on the ice you should always know where he is for your own good. 

1 hour ago, Rick D said:

My feeling about the hit: 

- The hit was a little high, it did seem like the initial contact was in the head. 

- We have had big hitters on our team before and the consensus after a big hit is always, "The other guy needs to keep his head up and looking forward". It is no different when the hits come our way. 

It's simple, when a guy like Reaves is on the ice you should always know where he is for your own good. 

well said.  "You got Kronwalled" = "He elbowed our guy in the head, dickface" if you were a fan of the other team.