• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

New Vrana Thread (frig off Matt)

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Theres a report out there from a Swedish source that Vrana is considering leaving the NHL for the SHL

If he jets would we still hold some re-entry waiver rights to him?

I'm guessing it would be similar to Hudler?

10 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I dont know the difference between each - but they both seem very different

We hold his rights.  I don't think this is going to happen.  If he completes the season strong, I would bet that Yzerman re-signs him.  I think the animosity thing for both sides of this equation has been overblown by both the fans and media.  Dude was a cokehead and got busted.  Dude was given 2 options.  He chose the option to stay.  If he was going to bolt for Europe, he'd have done that by now.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

We hold his rights.  I don't think this is going to happen.  If he completes the season strong, I would bet that Yzerman re-signs him.  I think the animosity thing for both sides of this equation has been overblown by both the fans and media.  Dude was a cokehead and got busted.  Dude was given 2 options.  He chose the option to stay.  If he was going to bolt for Europe, he'd have done that by now.

He has another year after this on his contract. Wings might be motivated to terminate - but I assume that forgoes his rights - assuming he wants to leave the team for Europe.

There's more to the story than "Vrana was abusing substances". It would explain these tweets, as well as the fact that he was waived out of nowhere. I'm not sure who he punched, or which manager he told to "f*ck off", but something else happened. Too bad there aren't any reporters with a shred of credibility anymore or we'd find out. Instead Helene St. James and the like are all too busy licking SY's balls trying to get autographs rather than doing their jobs.

38 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

There's more to the story than "Vrana was abusing substances". It would explain these tweets, as well as the fact that he was waived out of nowhere. I'm not sure who he punched, or which manager he told to "f*ck off", but something else happened. Too bad there aren't any reporters with a shred of credibility anymore or we'd find out. Instead Helene St. James and the like are all too busy licking SY's balls trying to get autographs rather than doing their jobs.

He pissed in the zamboni drain

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, something happened... I'm surprised it's not leaked out into the public.   Steve has better control over the news than most dictatorships. 

Edited by mackel

12 hours ago, mackel said:

Agreed, something happened... I'm surprised it's not leaked out into the public.   Steve has better control over the news than most dictatorships. 

ha!

The reason it hasnt been leaked is because it already has been.  Vrana made Steve and Kris check him into the PAP.  If he had said/done the right things (checked himself in, showed remorse, apologized, etc.), I doubt there would be this hoopla.  But it was reported that management had to turn him in.  That doesnt seem like something Steve would brush under the rug.  That being said, one part of this makes ZERO sense - his involvement in GR.  If you were about to fire your tutor for your 12 year old son, would you let him tutor your 8 year old son for 4 months before doing it?  Something tells me we are only getting speculation from "those in the know."  Because Yzerman doesnt HAVE to give him ice time at any level.  The Wings could sot him until contract termination or buy him out.  No reason to give him minutes if he doesnt have a future.  Those GR minutes are valuable.

50 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

ha!

The reason it hasnt been leaked is because it already has been.  Vrana made Steve and Kris check him into the PAP.  If he had said/done the right things (checked himself in, showed remorse, apologized, etc.), I doubt there would be this hoopla.  But it was reported that management had to turn him in.  That doesnt seem like something Steve would brush under the rug.  That being said, one part of this makes ZERO sense - his involvement in GR.  If you were about to fire your tutor for your 12 year old son, would you let him tutor your 8 year old son for 4 months before doing it?  Something tells me we are only getting speculation from "those in the know."  Because Yzerman doesnt HAVE to give him ice time at any level.  The Wings could sot him until contract termination or buy him out.  No reason to give him minutes if he doesnt have a future.  Those GR minutes are valuable.

There's a source that says the wings checked him into the PAP. And theres another source that says he checked himself in to the wings surprise.

So who knows. 

On 2/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, kipwinger said:

licking balls IS a living

10 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I agree.  He's awful.  I hope we can unload him at the deadline.  Retain half his salary for the next 3 years.  Who cares.  Just dump his ass.  He's costing us goals.

He'll be back for at least 2 more years.

Vrana is back on on the wings

I do still think theres a breakdown between Vranas camp and Yzerman.

I think SY will opt to keep Larkin and Beetuzzi around, and might have a major blockbluster trade involving Vrana in his back pocket. 

Vrana will be showcased over the next two weeks, and still has term on his deal (which is very valuable). I could see him being involved in a package for Chychrun or Meier. Sounds too good to be true, but SY is also the king of unexpected big trades. 

Vrana + Walman + 1st for Chychrun?