• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

Winged Wheel Podcast

Rate this topic

I'm sure some of you listen to this, so I apologize in advance.

This is the most boring podcast I've ever listened to. I've been aware of their existence for a while, but never bothered with it. Decided to put their latest episode about Vrana on today and my god, the hosts all seem like their on 5 bars of xanax. No energy. No personality. It's almost like they don't want to be there. It's like an NPR style sleep aid ASMR.

Someone make an alternative. It shouldn't be hard to overtake these losers.

4 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I'm sure some of you listen to this, so I apologize in advance.

This is the most boring podcast I've ever listened to. I've been aware of their existence for a while, but never bothered with it. Decided to put their latest episode about Vrana on today and my god, the hosts all seem like their on 5 bars of xanax. No energy. No personality. It's almost like they don't want to be there. It's like an NPR style sleep aid ASMR.

Someone make an alternative. It shouldn't be hard to overtake these losers.

I need to look into how to do this.  I'm 47 years old, so this isn't as simple for me.  But it would be cool if I hosted it.

"Good afternoon, fellow Red Wings Fans AKA Complete Retards.  Today, we're going to be talking about Jakub Vrana.  Sixer, let's talk about his cocaine habit and whether or not he can hide it from the boss.  I don't think so, but why don't you let us in a little bit on your knowhow here."

"Well, Jonas.  It's only easy to conceal if you're not doing 50 grams a week.  Sneaking an 8 ball into a club now and then is as easy as wearing a third sock on one of your feet and nobody noticing.  But he must be ingesting an enormous amount for him to be this lethargic, lazy, and suck this much without it."

"Interesting.  Is Marc still on the line?"

"Yah, he's been waiting for 20 minutes.  Want to go to him now?"

"Marc, tell us what you think about the Jakub "The Iceman" Vrana."

"Well, I ..."

"Thanks Marc.  Good input as always.  Now, onto the Carley vs Daniella - Who's more bangable and why debate.  I'm going to have to take this one seeing as FMichael hasn't had sex in 6 years, and 6er and Akabuto are both ***.  I'm gonna go with Daniella here.  Let me tell you why ..."

On 1/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I need to look into how to do this.  I'm 47 years old, so this isn't as simple for me.  But it would be cool if I hosted it.

"Good afternoon, fellow Red Wings Fans AKA Complete Retards.  Today, we're going to be talking about Jakub Vrana.  Sixer, let's talk about his cocaine habit and whether or not he can hide it from the boss.  I don't think so, but why don't you let us in a little bit on your knowhow here."

"Well, Jonas.  It's only easy to conceal if you're not doing 50 grams a week.  Sneaking an 8 ball into a club now and then is as easy as wearing a third sock on one of your feet and nobody noticing.  But he must be ingesting an enormous amount for him to be this lethargic, lazy, and suck this much without it."

"Interesting.  Is Marc still on the line?"

"Yah, he's been waiting for 20 minutes.  Want to go to him now?"

"Marc, tell us what you think about the Jakub "The Iceman" Vrana."

"Well, I ..."

"Thanks Marc.  Good input as always.  Now, onto the Carley vs Daniella - Who's more bangable and why debate.  I'm going to have to take this one seeing as FMichael hasn't had sex in 6 years, and 6er and Akabuto are both ***.  I'm gonna go with Daniella here.  Let me tell you why ..."

Your post is funny and manages to perfectly lampoon why the WWPD is so mute... they collab with Ken, Mick and Carley at times.  You can't be interesting/controversial and have access to team adjacent media figures...  so party line it is.

Edited by mackel

5 hours ago, mackel said:

Your post is funny and manages to perfectly lampoon why the WWPD is so mute... they collab with Ken, Mick and Carley at times.  You can't be interesting/controversial and have access to team adjacent media figures...  so party line it is.

Yah, theyre part of the softball crew with St James.

Each of the R-slurs on the winged wheel podcast the day Eddogs surgery was announced:

"I knew Edvinsson had a shoulder injury all season"

"Yeah you could tell it was nagging him"

A few days later...

These guys are complete BSers

The good news is the surgery was just preventative for the future. So he hasnt actually suffered an injury yet and this should keep him healthier in the long run.

Those guys are SUCH puds. Their takes are hilariously bad, and they are routinely proven wrong, but that doesn't stop them from doing it all over again the very next episode. Their boy Prashanth Iyer does the same s***. Some highlights:

-Filip Zadina is a "dominant" top six forward with an elite shot.

-Filip Zadina is better than Robbi Fabbri

-Michael Rasmussen isn't even an NHL caliber player.

-Seider was a a bad pick

-Edvinsson was a bad pick

-Kasper was a bad pick

-Hronek is average at best and a liability at worst

-(and my favorite) Brenden Smith really is "that damn good".

Anybody with even a shred of intellectual honesty would spend a little time trying to figure out why they're so consistently wrong. It's always refreshing when you see re-drafts or (better yet) articles devoted to figuring out analytical blind spots. Not these guys. They're on to the next bad take. I wish I was in a business where I could take my professional legitimacy on a really bad take, fail miserably in my predictions, and then never have to answer for why I'm so wrong so much of the time.

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They were right about Hronek tho

They’d be cancelled in a minute 

They were absolutely NOT right about Hronek. They absolutely sh*t all over that guy for years and then (surprise surprise) when he wasn't completely saddled with losers like Marc Staal and Danny Dekeyser he had a career year. What a surprise!

51 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

They were absolutely NOT right about Hronek. They absolutely sh*t all over that guy for years and then (surprise surprise) when he wasn't completely saddled with losers like Marc Staal and Danny Dekeyser he had a career year. What a surprise!

The same Marc Stall was deployed with a 3-2 lead vs TO last night during the final 2 minutes of the game? 

Hronek was a total loser. 

6 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Completely trash Dmen dont go for multiple high round picks at the deadline

lol someone’s not paying attention

also no one said Hronek was trash (except me I guess) Just average with tendencies to be a liability. Not far off

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

46 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The same Marc Stall was deployed with a 3-2 lead vs TO last night during the final 2 minutes of the game? 

Hronek was a total loser. 

lol someone’s not paying attention

also no one said Hronek was trash (except me I guess) Just average with tendencies to be a liability. Not far off

WWPC basically called him trash. Just saying if he was that bad he wouldnt be netting those returns.

Mike Green basically played the same D liability way as Hronek for years and hardly anyone moaned about it. 

3 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

WWPC basically called him trash. Just saying if he was that bad he wouldnt be netting those returns.

Mike Green basically played the same D liability way as Hronek for years and hardly anyone moaned about it. 

Mike Green also scored 30 goals in one season. If Hronek produced the way Green did at the same age less people would care about his PP drop passes to Sens players in critical games whilst on the PP (for example)

Hronek has one toe in the abyss. He’ll be mid for a bit then go back to Europe. 

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

They should get their takes from this board. 

Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of the Lets Go Wings Podcast. Im your host The Indian Guy, and as always, I'm joined by The Guy Who Played Hockey In High School, and The Guy Who Stares At His Phone The Entire Podcast.

On this weeks agenda:

We again talk about how fat Howard is. Is Brendan Smith poised to finally emerge as a top4 puckmoving Dman? Bertuzzi, and the bastard man that he is. Do the Wings even know how to run a business? Which draft picks mom is the hottest? Does the Swedish mafia control and manipulate truly everything the wings do? Korean spammers. And much much more. 

19 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Mike Green also scored 30 goals in one season. If Hronek produced the way Green did at the same age less people would care about his PP drop passes to Sens players in critical games whilst on the PP (for example)

Totally. Barely any NHL teams need top four, right shot, point producing, defensemen. I can't believe he's not in Europe already.

Edited by kipwinger

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Green never even came close to scoring 30 in a wings sweater

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Totally. Barely any NHL teams need top four, right show, point producing, defensemen. I can't believe he's not in Europe already.

You think Hronek’s good. WWPcast dudes do not. I tend to agree with them on this single issue. We can circle back in 3 years and see if he’s still putting up 35 pts per year while caving in his own zone and turning the puck over in must-win games OR playing in Europe. I will admit I’m wrong if I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Walman6million said:

Si

Well no wonder you think Hronek’s good if your comparing him to Detroit Mike Green. 

30 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You think Hronek’s good. WWPcast dudes do not. I tend to agree with them on this single issue. We can circle back in 3 years and see if he’s still putting up 35 pts per year while caving in his own zone and turning the puck over in must-win games OR playing in Europe. I will admit I’m wrong if I’m wrong. 

Well no wonder you think Hronek’s good if your comparing him to Detroit Mike Green. 

Im saying no one moaned about Mike Green like you do Hronek, despite Green making way more money for the same play for years. 

I think Hroneks a good offensive Dman who's sometimes a defensive liability, and sometimes not. And hes paid accordingly for that play. So wheres the issue?

59 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Im saying no one moaned about Mike Green like you do Hronek, despite Green making way more money for the same play for years. 

I think Hroneks a good offensive Dman who's sometimes a defensive liability, and sometimes not. And hes paid accordingly for that play. So wheres the issue?

youre wrong here

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Hronek was unreliable offensively and defensively. He had streaks where he put up offence ie first part of the 22-23 season  but you couldn’t pencil it in or expect any major production from him on most nights after that. And that was a problem. 

The unicorn-ness of the top 4 RHD position always = overeating a player. Just look at Mayfield and Sverenson. Dudes are getting paid and they won’t deserve it

4 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of the Lets Go Wings Podcast. Im your host The Indian Guy, and as always, I'm joined by The Guy Who Played Hockey In High School, and The Guy Who Stares At His Phone The Entire Podcast.

On this weeks agenda:

We again talk about how fat Howard is. Is Brendan Smith poised to finally emerge as a top4 puckmoving Dman? Bertuzzi, and the bastard man that he is. Do the Wings even know how to run a business? Which draft picks mom is the hottest? Does the Swedish mafia control and manipulate truly everything the wings do? Korean spammers. And much much more. 

That pretty much sums up all 3 of them. Also, disinterested phone guy just introduces himself as "I'm Evan."

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Totally. Barely any NHL teams need top four, right show, point producing, defensemen. I can't believe he's not in Europe already.

This. He was actually a good 2RD when paired with the right partner, like Maatta.