• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Larkin & Bertuzzi Contract Watch? Red Wings TDL Discussion.

Rate this topic

Do we sign them? Trade them? What do you feel their contracts will be, or what do you think a return in trade will be?

I saw that Matt Boldy re-signed with Minnesota 7x$7M. What does that mean for contracts for our guys? Does that put Larkin near $9M? Does Bertuzzi get more than $7M?

TDL

Holland is looking for D and it's been said that he has inquired about Hronek. Would you send him to Edmonton if it got you a 1st or maybe Bouchard in return? Could we toss Zadina and some retained salary on Hronek to add Puljujarvi in order to clear cap space in Edmonton?

to EDM : Hronek (retained salary) Zadina

to DET : Bouchard, Puljujarvi, 1st? (maybe a 2nd instead)

Edited by LeftWinger

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Do we sign them? Trade them? What do you feel their contracts will be, or what do you think a return in trade will be?

I saw that Matt Boldy re-signed with Minnesota 7x$7M. What does that mean for contracts for our guys? Does that put Larkin near $9M? Does Bertuzzi get more than $7M?

TDL

Holland is looking for D and it's been said that he has inquired about Hronek. Would you send him to Edmonton if it got you a 1st or maybe Bouchard in return? Could we toss Zadina and some retained salary on Hronek to add Puljujarvi in order to clear cap space in Edmonton?

I don't like that trade at all... Hronek has term he should get you a 1st and a 2nd himself, or you keep him. 

Zadina is worthless like a 5th+ round pick.

If you're helping a team by taking salary then the price starts at a decent prospect/2nd rounder.

Since we didn't take on salary to any degree the past 3 seasons when it was easier for us and more advantageous for teams under a flat cap, I don't see that happening anyway.

I think we're trading any or all of:

Bert - late 1st or a high 2nd and low 2nd

Kubalik - early 2nd

Sunny - late 2nd or early 3rd plus a 4th

Suter - late 2nd or early 3rd plus a 4th

Erne - 3rd

Wallman - 2 x 2nds

Hagg, Lindstrom, Osterle - take your pick for a 4th rounder

18 minutes ago, mackel said:

I don't like that trade at all... Hronek has term he should get you a 1st and a 2nd himself, or you keep him. 

Zadina is worthless like a 5th+ round pick.

If you're helping a team by taking salary then the price starts at a decent prospect/2nd rounder.

Since we didn't take on salary to any degree the past 3 seasons when it was easier for us and more advantageous for teams under a flat cap, I don't see that happening anyway.

I think we're trading any or all of:

Bert - late 1st or a high 2nd and low 2nd

Kubalik - early 2nd

Sunny - late 2nd or early 3rd plus a 4th

Suter - late 2nd or early 3rd plus a 4th

Erne - 3rd

Wallman - 2 x 2nds

Hagg, Lindstrom, Osterle - take your pick for a 4th rounder

A couple of quibbles with this list, through mostly I agree with your assessments. I think Walman is playing himself into a new contract so I think he stays. Also, because I think Bert and Vrana are as good as gone Kubalik's offense is going to be needed, so I don't think they trade him (yet). He's still got term anyway. I'd also add Vrana, Ned, and Maatta to your list.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

21 minutes ago, mackel said:

If Hronek is worth 1st and 2nd Bouchard is worth more then that. This seems like a fair trade probly even favoring Detroit. Wings take this trade all day.

I really don't expect SY to trade anyone with term at this point in time. Vrana is heading to a buyout. 

If we're keeping Larkin, I'd like to also re-sign Bertuzzi, Sundqvist, and Walman. Then sell high on Maata, and get what you can for Erne and Oesterle. None of our other pendings have any value IMO.

If we are not keeping Larkin, then go scorched earth and trade everyone.

Ive read lots of speculation that Larkins deal doesnt get done till summer. I think it will be safe to assume that any pendings (with value) without a contract at the TDL, and that dont move at the TDL, are guys SY wants to re-sign. It will be butt hole clenching if SY goes this route and rumors will swirl, but I dont think SY will lose assets like Bert and Larkin and Walman to UFA.

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I really don't expect SY to trade anyone with term at this point in time. Vrana is heading to a buyout. 

If we're keeping Larkin, I'd like to also re-sign Bertuzzi, Sundqvist, and Walman. Then sell high on Maata, and get what you can for Erne and Oesterle. None of our other pendings have any value IMO.

If we are not keeping Larkin, then go scorched earth and trade everyone.

Ive read lots of speculation that Larkins deal doesnt get done till summer. I think it will be safe to assume that any pendings (with value) without a contract at the TDL, and that dont move at the TDL, are guys SY wants to re-sign. It will be butt hole clenching if SY goes this route and rumors will swirl, but I dont think SY will lose assets like Bert and Larkin and Walman to UFA.

Frankly, we made a huge mistake not having a Larkin deal done and then signing a bunch of decent FAs.  We're a bad team, with no hope of getting better, welcome to mediocrity.  In 5 years we'll be doing the same hand wringing about Seider and Raymond, after wasting part of their prime years.  We should have endured 1 more year of pain.

4 minutes ago, mackel said:

Frankly, we made a huge mistake not having a Larkin deal done and then signing a bunch of decent FAs.  We're a bad team, with no hope of getting better, welcome to mediocrity.  In 5 years we'll be doing the same hand wringing about Seider and Raymond, after wasting part of their prime years.  We should have endured 1 more year of pain.

I figure SY was trying to improve the team to get Larkin and Bert to stay

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I figure SY was trying to improve the team to get Larkin and Bert to stay

That seems to be going well...

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vrana going full cokehead f u c k e d the Yzerplan up.  What a disaster.  If we could dump all our players and go expansion draft style in 2023, I would.

I wouldn't go that far, but we're not making the playoffs for another 5 years.

I think we should look more at what SY is NOT committed to.
This roster is still as lean and flexible as humanly possible.
Our contract commitments beyond next year:

F:
Copp
Fabbri

D:
Chiarot

G:
Husso

SY is hardcore keeping his options open. He's committed very little to any single player. He can overhaul his roster on a yearly basis basically if he wants to. Take whatever you want from that.

7 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I think we should look more at what SY is NOT committed to.
This roster is still as lean and flexible as humanly possible.
Our contract commitments beyond next year:

F:
Copp
Fabbri

D:
Chiarot

G:
Husso

SY is hardcore keeping his options open. He's committed very little to any single player. He can overhaul his roster on a yearly basis basically if he wants to. Take whatever you want from that.

#TradeLarkin

I'm still hoping Holland is a double-agent and gives us Draisaitl for Hronek and Zadina.  

21 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Vrana going full cokehead f u c k e d the Yzerplan up.  What a disaster.  If we could dump all our players and go expansion draft style in 2023, I would.

The Kraken are already far ahead of Detroit this season.  Kind of sad.  

21 hours ago, mackel said:

At the current pace, the Wings may finish below last season's record.  The goaltending is falling apart.  The team is healthier now but you wouldn't know it.  There's a good chance they still get a high pick.  They were never bad enough to finish dead last or even close.  Even last year's squad didn't do that.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

21 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I'm still hoping Holland is a double-agent and gives us Draisaitl for Hronek and Zadina.  

The Kraken are already far ahead of Detroit this season.  Kind of sad.  

At the current pace, the Wings may finish below last season's record.  The goaltending is falling apart.  The team is healthier now but you wouldn't know it.  There's a good chance they still get a high pick.  They were never bad enough to finish dead last or even close.  Even last year's squad didn't do that.  

Kraken didnt even do much this offseason. Added a few wingers same as us.

The difference has been they inserted a future superstar 1C into their lineup in Beniers. Hes taking the Calder home this year and it wont even be a competition. 

Its almost like we should be doing everything in our power to get one of those.

1 minute ago, Walman6million said:

Kraken didnt even do much this offseason. Added a few wingers same as us.

The difference has been they inserted a future superstar 1C into their lineup in Beniers. Hes taking the Calder home this year and it wont even be a competition. 

Its almost like we should be doing everything in our power to get one of those.

It's amazing the difference a legit franchise center can make.

Yzerman rebuilt this team's d pipeline in two drafts. He needs to do the same down the middle.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

It's amazing the difference a legit franchise center can make.

Yzerman rebuilt this team's d pipeline in two drafts. He needs to do the same down the middle.

Bedard is gonna wear 98 for us (one better than McFayget)

14 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Plan:

1. Re-sign Larkin trade Bertuzzi Suter Sundqvist Erne Maatta Oesterle Ned

2. Continue being bottom 1/4 team for 1 more season

3. Finish bottom 6

4. Hope the planets align and finally win a draft lottery

5. Profit

fify

15 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Plan:

1. Re-sign Larkin and Bertuzzi

2. Continue being middle of the road team

3. Stock up on 15th-20th overall picks like the 2010-2016 glory years

4. Hope the planets align like they did for the Blues once in 55 years

5. Profit

I will go another route 

1. Re-sign Larkin and Bertuzzi

2. Align the planets and win the lottery

3. Select Bedard

4. Implant Hasek blood into Cossa creating a 6' 6' Dominator 

5. Crush the souls of the league till end of time

then I woke up.....

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I know someone with that name!

SJS has a pretty poopy AHL team, so I guess they wanted the better player?

Weatherby is younger and allows the Griffs to get around the AHL vet rule so they can play Vrana.

Doubt SY considers Weatherby to be anything more than a longggg shot prospect

TLDR: the last infinity stone has been obtained and now were ready for a cup run

The dudes from the Winged Wheel Pod are reporting that Larkin's initial ask was 9.5-9.7 and Yzerman's initial offer was 8.4 million. There's no reason to think this thing doesn't get done at 9-9.1 million. Makes you wonder if this isn't all a big ploy to influence future negotiations. Like, if SY is willing to hardball his captain over 500K then if you're a young guy or a depth guy you're going to think twice about pushing too hard.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. That podcast is rightfully criticized around here (and it should be) but they do seem pretty plugged into the organization. Not hard to imagine that they have a source.

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The dudes from the Winged Wheel Pod are reporting that Larkin's initial ask was 9.5-9.7 and Yzerman's initial offer was 8.4 million. There's no reason to think this thing doesn't get done at 9-9.1 million. Makes you wonder if this isn't all a big ploy to influence future negotiations. Like, if SY is willing to hardball his captain over 500K then if you're a young guy or a depth guy you're going to think twice about pushing too hard.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. That podcast is rightfully criticized around here (and it should be) but they do seem pretty plugged into the organization. Not hard to imagine that they have a source.

That podcast is boring, but still forthright. I trust em.

Also read this morning that SY intends to get going on contract talks for Larkin and Bert after the all star break.

So were most likely bringing these two back IMO.

Other news: being reported that Bruins are the frontrunners for Bo Horvat and want to extend him longterm... but also Detroit is the other team showing interest. 

Last but not least, Kaspers Swedish team saying they fully expect Marco to skip GR and join the Wings next year. Hes that good. 

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

That came from Darren Dreger who was on the Friedman Marek podcast, And Dreger was the one that mentioned that Yzerman opened up with a 8 x $8,000,000 offer to Dylan Larkin and Larkins camp came back at 8 x $9,500,000.

And they also mentioned that Yzerman is currently talking to Bertuzzi's agent on a new deal.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:29 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

You can blame Kuznetsov for making Vrana a full blown crackhead from his days with the Capitals. I'm even surprised that Kuznetsov is still playing hockey.