• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Larkin & Bertuzzi Contract Watch? Red Wings TDL Discussion.

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

They already did, Pretty sure it's similar $7,100,000 deal.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

This team has some serios talent.

Skinner, Cozens, Thompson

Dahlin, Samuelsson, Power

I think Okposo, Girgensons, and Bishop will be gone, but thats probably a good thing.  Wont be long before Buffalo is looking like the Avalanche.

Buffalo is LOADED with young centers. Thompson, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Krebs, Kulich, Ostlund. But they're pretty light on young defenders after Dahlin. I'd be trying to pry Krebs or Kulich out of them if I could. Maybe something based on Wallinder for one of those two? I really like Kulich in his draft season and he's tearing up the AHL right now (a year later).

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Buffalo is LOADED with young centers. Thompson, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Krebs, Kulich, Ostlund. But they're pretty light on young defenders after Dahlin. I'd be trying to pry Krebs or Kulich out of them if I could. Maybe something based on Wallinder for one of those two? I really like Kulich in his draft season and he's tearing up the AHL right now (a year later).

Power is 20 and Samuelsson is 22.  They are loaded at D too.  This team is done trading, I think.  They are just in need of time, atm.  Not sure why the NHL felt like it would be a good idea to give Col, Buffalo, NYR, and NJD all the top picks over the last 15 years, but those teams are completely stacked now.  We need Bedard pretty bad atm.

Their defense prospects fall off a cliff after those two. Oh, and I forgot, they have Matthew Savoie at center as well. I think you could get them to bite. If they wanna make the playoffs next season, and they definitely do, they're going to need more quality defenders.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Their defense prospects fall off a cliff after those two. Oh, and I forgot, they have Matthew Savoie at center as well. I think you could get them to bite. If they wanna make the playoffs next season, and they definitely do, they're going to need more quality defenders.

what do u have in mind?

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

what do u have in mind?

Personally I'd target Kulich. If you consider that Thompson and Cozens are their top two guys, Krebs better fits the 3C role (because of his defense and tenacity) than Kulich does so I'd imagine they'd keep him. I doubt they'd want wingers back in a trade (because they can just flex centers to the wing) so you're going to have to trade defense. The only defenders we have that are on Kulich's level are Edvinsson (untouchable probably) or Wallinder. I'd hate to see Wallinder go, he's played really well and is going to be really good. BUT we're deep on LD and we REALLY need a top center prospect to go along with Kasper. So I'd start with Wallinder for Kulich straight up (which is close to fair) and be willing to add a mid-round pick if necessary.

59 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Personally I'd target Kulich. If you consider that Thompson and Cozens are their top two guys, Krebs better fits the 3C role (because of his defense and tenacity) than Kulich does so I'd imagine they'd keep him. I doubt they'd want wingers back in a trade (because they can just flex centers to the wing) so you're going to have to trade defense. The only defenders we have that are on Kulich's level are Edvinsson (untouchable probably) or Wallinder. I'd hate to see Wallinder go, he's played really well and is going to be really good. BUT we're deep on LD and we REALLY need a top center prospect to go along with Kasper. So I'd start with Wallinder for Kulich straight up (which is close to fair) and be willing to add a mid-round pick if necessary.

Yeah, this would be a nice move. Johansson or Wallinder are moveable to acquire a need, but Wallinder is definitely the "sexier" prospect. I'm fine with it because while not flashy, I think Johnasson is gonna be a really good top 4 dman for this team for many years. Wallinder will hit higher scoring totals, but Johansson could be that big-time minute-eater who can play in all situations. 

SY: Dylan if we are in WC 2 days before Trade DeadLine you get 9

DL: Okay

Ottawa hears about deal and screws Larkin....they celebrate by having a Little Ceasars pizza pizza party

Chris I is happy lowers Larkin cost and pizza revenue goes up...

In all seriousness they split the difference as we knew they would as they weren't getting rid of him