• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

1/16/23 GDT Wings @ Avs

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Seems like with Lalonde we're still down 2 or 3 goals after the 1st...Blashill part deux?

Nope. It's pretty apparent coaching isn't the problem. A lack of high-end talent is. Raymond and Seider are our high-end talent. They still have lots to learn before they reach the point we need them to in order to be contenders. I figure it's at minimum 3 seasons before we start to see what players they will become in their prime. Larkin will be ready to enter his 30-year-old season at that point. 

It starts to become pretty clear how bleak things look without another high-draft pick or two. Once the likes of Edvinsson, Wallinder, and Johansson get enough reps at the NHL to become an NHL-winning d-core, the roster is simply not good enough upfront with what is in the system now. Not even close. The first need is a legit franchise center. Kasper will be good, but he ain't it. Larkin also ain't it. Especially factoring in his age. The odds of getting these needs in the 10-20 pick range is pretty wishful thinking. 

tl;dr: We need a top 5 pick to get a potential 1C. 

The current path we're on we'll be like the Blues, where you hope the planets align where you get one good run at a cup. I'd rather suck a little longer to stockpile high-end talent like Tampa.  

The assets we can obtain selling Bert and Larkin would help a lot. There are zero reasons for us to have any less than 3 first-round picks in the upcoming draft. 

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Seems like with Lalonde we're still down 2 or 3 goals after the 1st...Blashill part deux?

Lets look at Lalondes tenure so far:

Took half a season to realize Chiarot-Seider blows as a pairing.

Vrana basically quit the team

Ned has regressed to the AHL

Raymond and Seider - our future stars - have regressed dramatically

Copp looks way less effective than he did in Winnipeg and NY

Chiarot is playing a role hes not suited for

Despite SY spending a buncha money to bolster this team for him were still getting fuqqing rekt on a consistent basis

Daily reminder that we couldve had Torts...

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Nope. It's pretty apparent coaching isn't the problem. A lack of high-end talent is. Raymond and Seider are our high-end talent. They still have lots to learn before they reach the point we need them to in order to be contenders. I figure it's at minimum 3 seasons before we start to see what players they will become in their prime. Larkin will be ready to enter his 30-year-old season at that point. 

It starts to become pretty clear how bleak things look without another high-draft pick or two. Once the likes of Edvinsson, Wallinder, and Johansson get enough reps at the NHL to become an NHL-winning d-core, the roster is simply not good enough upfront with what is in the system now. Not even close. The first need is a legit franchise center. Kasper will be good, but he ain't it. Larkin also ain't it. Especially factoring in his age. The odds of getting these needs in the 10-20 pick range is pretty wishful thinking. 

tl;dr: We need a top 5 pick to get a potential 1C. 

The current path we're on we'll be like the Blues, where you hope the planets align where you get one good run at a cup. I'd rather suck a little longer to stockpile high-end talent like Tampa.  

The assets we can obtain selling Bert and Larkin would help a lot. There are zero reasons for us to have any less than 3 first-round picks in the upcoming draft. 

Were going to trade Larkin for an unprotected 1st that becomes Bedard 

2 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Lets look at Lalondes tenure so far:

Took half a season to realize Chiarot-Seider blows as a pairing.

Vrana basically quit the team

Ned has regressed to the AHL

Raymond and Seider - our future stars - have regressed dramatically

Copp looks way less effective than he did in Winnipeg and NY

Chiarot is playing a role hes not suited for

Despite SY spending a buncha money to bolster this team for him were still getting fuqqing rekt on a consistent basis

Daily reminder that we couldve had Torts...

Sophmore slumps are very real. But both players have shown to have gotten back to what they were last season. No concerns there. 

Chiarot sucks. Rare Yzerman L. This team sucks with goalie development. Nothing new there. Copp started the season, not 100%, but has been totes fine. Also the first year with a new team and all that. I feel he rebounds in a big way next season. 

The Vrana issues I feel have nothing to do with any coach. 

I 100% agree with the Chiarot-Seider pair. Because Chiarot sucks. Seider immediately back to form once he got away from him. Dekeyser sucked to but at least he let Seider play his game. 

This team is just not that good. But also not bad enough to get any better. Whose ready for annual finishes of the 15th-20th team in the league? I just hope Yzerman course corrects and we don't waste Seider and Raymond. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Sophmore slumps are very real. But both players have shown to have gotten back to what they were last season. No concerns there. 

Chiarot sucks. Rare Yzerman L. This team sucks with goalie development. Nothing new there. Copp started the season, not 100%, but has been totes fine. Also the first year with a new team and all that. I feel he rebounds in a big way next season. 

The Vrana issues I feel have nothing to do with any coach. 

I 100% agree with the Chiarot-Seider pair. Because Chiarot sucks. Seider immediately back to form once he got away from him. Dekeyser sucked to but at least he let Seider play his game. 

This team is just not that good. But also not bad enough to get any better. Whose ready for annual finishes of the 15th-20th team in the league? I just hope Yzerman course corrects and we don't waste Seider and Raymond. 

If Lalonde would reign Chiarot in, daddy Ben would look a lot better.

He was always a depth stay at home Dman with Atlanta/Winnipeg. Then he goes to MTL and finally gets his shot, and proved to be a great partner for Weber in the top pairing.

But then he gets traded to FLA for a 1st and finally signs his big contract with Detroit, and now he thinks hes a big shot two way Dman like Kronwall or something.

Lalonde needs to tell him he has helm hands and better start throwing his fat ass around in the Dzone again or hes gonna get waived like Vrana and Ned.

15 hours ago, Walman6million said:

If Lalonde would reign Chiarot in, daddy Ben would look a lot better.

He was always a depth stay at home Dman with Atlanta/Winnipeg. Then he goes to MTL and finally gets his shot, and proved to be a great partner for Weber in the top pairing.

But then he gets traded to FLA for a 1st and finally signs his big contract with Detroit, and now he thinks hes a big shot two way Dman like Kronwall or something.

Lalonde needs to tell him he has helm hands and better start throwing his fat ass around in the Dzone again or hes gonna get waived like Vrana and Ned.

100% agree. In Montreal he was so effective with Weber because Weber was the guy. I guess Chiarot saw Seider as a young padawan and figured he had to take the reigns. But yeah, coaching should have seen that wasn't working. Seider needs to be the go to guy regardless of his partner. Thank f*** for Walman.

Watching the Avs vs. Canucks tonight and the Avs announcers are absolutely hilarious. They throw shade at everyone constantly. One of their rink reporters literally got in a shoving match with some fans over a stray puck and they were PISSED and the dude was just like, "I've have a go with em' haha". In between periods they did a highlights package of all the good plays from the previous period and they just fast forwarded through all the Canucks goals and they lady says "we don't care about those". I love these guys.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Watching the Avs vs. Canucks tonight and the Avs announcers are absolutely hilarious. They throw shade at everyone constantly. One of their rink reporters literally got in a shoving match with some fans over a stray puck and they were PISSED and the dude was just like, "I've have a go with em' haha". In between periods they did a highlights package of all the good plays from the previous period and they just fast forwarded through all the Canucks goals and they lady says "we don't care about those". I love these guys.

Avs are a beetch ass franchise at the end of the day. If they hadn't gotten lucky with the Lindros trade that they are still suckling at the teet of with Sakic as manager, they would be another Florida Panthers.

I visit the pepsi center every year to see a wings game in their house, and it's laughable. More Wings jerseys than Avs ones in the crowd. When the Sakic/Mackinnon/Rantanen/Makar years finally end I see hard times after. Maybe they can make Mackinnon manager and extend it IDK.

9 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Avs are a beetch ass franchise at the end of the day. If they hadn't gotten lucky with the Lindros trade that they are still suckling at the teet of with Sakic as manager, they would be another Florida Panthers.

I visit the pepsi center every year to see a wings game in their house, and it's laughable. More Wings jerseys than Avs ones in the crowd. When the Sakic/Mackinnon/Rantanen/Makar years finally end I see hard times after. Maybe they can make Mackinnon manager and extend it IDK.

I dunno man, I get the animosity from yesteryear, but that team is an absolute unit and those announcers might be the funniest in the NHL.

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I dunno man, I get the animosity from yesteryear, but that team is an absolute unit and those announcers might be the funniest in the NHL.

No doubt the team is amazing and I'll take your word on the announcers.
I'm just saying Wings can be in last place and Avs in 1st, and we pull more fans than they can.

5 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

No doubt the team is amazing and I'll take your word on the announcers.
I'm just saying Wings can be in last place and Avs in 1st, and we pull more fans than they can.

For sure, they've only got three Cups. It's not like there are a million legacy Avs fans leftover from the 90s spread all over the country. Remember during the glory days when there was always one guy who'd rock Avs gear in Michigan like a complete f*cking pud? The team was like 5 years old and suddenly every town in Michigan had some dude with really vague connections to Colorado who "always loved the Avs" and was definitely not being contrarian or anything.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

For sure, they've only got three Cups. It's not like there are a million legacy Avs fans leftover from the 90s spread all over the country. Remember during the glory days when there was always one guy who'd rock Avs gear in Michigan like a complete f*cking pud? The team was like 5 years old and suddenly every town in Michigan had some dude with really vague connections to Colorado who "always loved the Avs" and was definitely not being contrarian or anything.

Being in school in metro Detroit the late 90s - the coolest thing you could do was own a Federov jersey - and the edgy thing you could do was be an Avs fan. My school had one. I feel like every school had one. Mine was a huge Roy fan and would always wear his jersey - despite zero connection to Roy, Colorado, the Avs, or the nordiques. I think he got a instant popularity boost at school for going against the grain and being an avs guy, but it quickly wore off once everyone realized he was just an attention seeking ******