• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

SY:   Would you like a 9M contract with Detroit Dylan?

Larkin:  Yes please.

SY:  Would you like to sign with a better version of the Wings?

Larkin:  Um, okay....

SY:  We'll give you a chance to win the cup somewhere else and with the haul we get, you can sign with the better version of the Wings this offseason.   7X9

Larkin:  

Edited by town123

7 hours ago, town123 said:

SY:   Would you like a 9M contract with Detroit Dylan?

Larkin:  Yes please.

SY:  Would you like to sign with a better version of the Wings?

Larkin:  Um, okay....

SY:  We'll give you a chance to win the cup somewhere else and with the haul we get, you can sign with the better version of the Wings this offseason.   7X9

Larkin:  

he will be locked in soon

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

San Jose's ask for Timo Meier is 1st, A prospect, (2) B prospects.

2024 1st

Johansson

Hirose

Mastrosimone

Start there and be willing to go to 2023 1st instead of 2024?

Sharks def want 2023 1st and thats a b prospect and 2 c prospects. 

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

San Jose's ask for Timo Meier is 1st, A prospect, (2) B prospects.

2024 1st

Johansson

Hirose

Mastrosimone

Start there and be willing to go to 2023 1st instead of 2024?

Hirose is not a prospect. Mastro is more like a D prospect. Johansson is not an A prospect.

On 2/14/2023 at 7:11 PM, Axl Foley said:

Hirose is not a prospect. Mastro is more like a D prospect. Johansson is not an A prospect.

Ok,

Let's review how you don't START negotiations = you don't START negotiations by giving up your best assets.

Our 1st round pick this year could be a lottery pick.  We are obviously not going to give up our 1st AND Edvinsson, Wallinder, Kasper, Cossa.  The reason SJ wants an A prospect is because they're expecting the 23 1st rounder to be in the 27-32nd pick range.  If it's in the 10-15 pick range, that makes a big difference in the rest of what we have to give up.  I think the actual return will be a lot less than what San Jose is offering IF it gets done.  He's RFA, so I don't even know why they are trying to unload him.  He's good.

They can't afford him. He's got an extremely high qualifying offer, something like 10 million, and their financials are a wreck (apparently, I haven't looked). Lots of speculation that whichever teams lands him in a trade will qualify him at 10 million then work out a long term extension at a more appropriately priced deal. It's not unheard of, Carolina did the same thing with Kotkaniemi.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

They can't afford him. He's got an extremely high qualifying offer, something like 10 million, and their financials are a wreck (apparently, I haven't looked). Lots of speculation that whichever teams lands him in a trade will qualify him at 10 million then work out a long term extension at a more appropriately priced deal. It's not unheard of, Carolina did the same thing with Kotkaniemi.

The Red Wings are a team that actually could take that on.  

What do you think is a fair trade?

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Red Wings are a team that actually could take that on.  

What do you think is a fair trade?

I'll start by saying that I haven't really watched a ton of SJ and so my only familiarly with Meier is largely based on his league reputation and stat lines (so take this with a grain of salt). The only comparably players that have been traded recently have been hockey trades. Laine and Roslovic were traded to CBJ for a good young center: Pierre Luc Dubois. Mathew Tkachuk was traded for Huberdueau and Weegar. But for Wings' fans I think the most telling example is Mantha. Meier is what Mantha was supposed to be. Same player, but a better version. And Mantha got Vrana and a 1st (the 2nd and Richard Panik I consider a second salary-shedding move that happened at the same time). Now, our 1st will be more valuable than Washington's was in the Mantha trade but we're also not giving up anything as proven as Vrana was (at the time) because we don't have any pieces like that. So...

2023 1st, Berggren, Wallinder is probably the best package we could put together that would get us in the ballpark (assuming Edvinsson and Kasper are untouchable).

This is...an interesting choice.

In terms of defensive depth I'm not bothered by it. Chiarot has played his off side in the past and you could easily still go into next season with:

Walman-Seider

Maatta-Hronek

Edvinsson-Chiarot

But I really don't understand taking this trade chip off the table just for the sake of signing a 2nd pair defensive defenseman.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Well, if Edvinsson is making this team next season, we're gonna have to either let Walman walk or move someone to the right side.

There will be plenty of injuries and Edvinsson will get plenty of time. You really need to have about 8 roster Dmen.

12 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Who could have seen that coming?

Chia keeps the flys off

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

Well, if Edvinsson is making this team next season, we're gonna have to either let Walman walk or move someone to the right side.

Chiarot can play the rightside, Pretty sure that won't stop Yzerman from resigning jake Walman. If he can keep him for a reasonable deal.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not mad about SY re-signing Maatta. He's been good. I just don't understand why you wouldn't wait till after the deadline. See if there's a market for the guy and then re-sign if nothing materializes.

Maatta is 28 and with his play it would be careless to let him go.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Many shops have been wrecked

This is what folks dont seem to see/understand. Lalonde gets it, and explained as much when he was asked why he wont put Chia on the bottom pair. Because Chia is a PHYSICAL BEAST. Maata is technically sound but he cant do the heavy lifting that Chia does. Nobody dares set up shop when Chigod is on tge ice. 

7 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

This is what folks dont seem to see/understand. Lalonde gets it, and explained as much when he was asked why he wont put Chia on the bottom pair. Because Chia is a PHYSICAL BEAST. Maata is technically sound but he cant do the heavy lifting that Chia does. Nobody dares set up shop when Chigod is on tge ice. 

youre right.  Osterle really stinks.