• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Looks like prices are going up! Maybe Yzerman should consider trading a couple players. Haag, Sundqvist, Suter, Erne, Oesterle? 

Would've loved to have Cal Foote on the team, but I'm not sure how his dad would feel about wearing a Wings jersey during the fathers week. Or if I'd even wanna see him in one! :lol:

Yzerman gets on the phone with Brisebois: "Make it make sense, Julian."

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Looks like prices are going up! Maybe Yzerman should consider trading a couple players. Haag, Sundqvist, Suter, Erne, Oesterle? 

Would've loved to have Cal Foote on the team, but I'm not sure how his dad would feel about wearing a Wings jersey during the fathers week. Or if I'd even wanna see him in one! :lol:

None of those guys are worth anything.

24 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Yzerman gets on the phone with Brisebois: "Make it make sense, Julian."

None of those guys are worth anything.

Sundqvist and Suter are better then Jeannot. 

Oesterle should get a 1st and top prospect based on this trade.

26 minutes ago, town123 said:

I'd love it, but, is this writer insanely stoopid?

https://thehockeywriters.com/red-wings-trade-target-oilers-broberg/

I really like Broberg but with Maata extended Edvinsson Johansson Wallinder not to far out the last position this team needs to upgrade is LD. Wallinder is basically Broberg a year behind. Same size and skating ability and similar offensive output.

I wouldnt give up Bert for that package after seeing what Jeannot got Nash.

Puljujarvi would be a throwin Id trade Sundqvist for him straight up.

I thought Brisebois was seriously screwing up when he unloaded a 1st for Barclay Goodrow. But this return for Jeannot is unhinged.

And that said I actually really like Jeannot. Hes a super aggressive hitting machine whos scoring has gone down as Nashville has gotten worse. I bet his scoring returns in Tampa. Hes built for the playoffs.

But damn still this return is wacko. Bolts cup window is still wide open, but Brisebois is seriously shooting his future self in the knees. Jeannot should have been had for like a single 2nd...

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

would cost us Bert (1/2 retained) or Vrana (1/2) retained and Wallinder to land Broberg

Probly even more but that doesnt mean its a good trade. Wallinder has all the tools and ability to be every bit as good as Broberg. 

The only thing I want for trade dealine day is a RHD that can carry Chiarot on the third pair.

I also wanted to add a little sumthin' to the bottom six, but seeing the price for Jeannot, I'm good..

Edited by Akakabuto

20 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

The only thing I want for trade dealine day is a RHD that can carry Chiarot on the third pair.

I also wanted to add a little sumthin' to the bottom six, but seeing the price for Jeannot, I'm good..

To DET: Nick Jensen

To WSH: Gus Lindstrom + 3rd

To DET: Brock Boeser

To VAN: Jakub Vrana

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I thought Brisebois was seriously screwing up when he unloaded a 1st for Barclay Goodrow. But this return for Jeannot is unhinged.

And that said I actually really like Jeannot. Hes a super aggressive hitting machine whos scoring has gone down as Nashville has gotten worse. I bet his scoring returns in Tampa. Hes built for the playoffs.

But damn still this return is wacko. Bolts cup window is still wide open, but Brisebois is seriously shooting his future self in the knees. Jeannot should have been had for like a single 2nd...

Brisebois will likely "retire" or get promoted to president by the time these trades come home to roost. 

Also, a good point someone posted on the Athletic mentioned that as their window closes they will (or should) have assets that would net good returns to teams contending at that time...  maybe we want one of there core in 5 years to get us over the hump and pay a 1st +.

43 minutes ago, mackel said:

Also, a good point someone posted on the Athletic mentioned that as their window closes they will (or should) have assets that would net good returns to teams contending at that time...  maybe we want one of there core in 5 years to get us over the hump and pay a 1st +.

I still think what they payed for Jeannot is stupid but I’m a fan of this approach. Go HAM for the next 3 years and then start offloading star players to get your picks back.  

51 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

F THE HYPE. HYPE ISNT EVEN REAL. WE MADE IT UP. PRICES ARE HIGH. SELL SELL SELL. 

This never happens to us though. 

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I still think what they payed for Jeannot is stupid but I’m a fan of this approach. Go HAM for the next 3 years and then start offloading star players to get your picks back.  

This never happens to us though. 

Business idea: trade all your picks every year and fold your farm team.

7 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Business idea: trade all your picks every year and fold your farm team.

Tampa basically gave their amateur scouting team the rest of the season off. 

Bruins, Rags, Isles, Bolts, Devils and Laffs all have made trades to strengthen their team. 

Me thinks Canes are about to do something stupid. 

8 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Tampa basically gave their amateur scouting team the rest of the season off. 

Bruins, Rags, Isles, Bolts, Devils and Laffs all have made trades to strengthen their team. 

Me thinks Canes are about to do something stupid. 

Literally all Eastern teams (hehe we're in danger).

Me thinks my oilers are about to do something genius.

The party has been early and expensive this year. 

Listening to the 32 thoughts podcast from today. Elliotte and Marek both said the insider scoop on the wings is SY plans to do nothing. His TDL acquistion to reward the boys is taking everyone off the market.

So pack it up, were already done. 

43 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Listening to the 32 thoughts podcast from today. Elliotte and Marek both said the insider scoop on the wings is SY plans to do nothing. His TDL acquistion to reward the boys is taking everyone off the market.

So pack it up, were already done. 

Yzerman never striked me as being sentimental. 

Edited by Akakabuto