• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Wings sign Alexandre Doucet. 21 year old RW from the Q. Average build. Seems to be very offesively talented. Probably joins GR next year.

I don't know what to think about this. He has shown offense his last two seasons, but he was 20 and 21 and playing in the QMJHL. Veleno scored 105 points as a 19 year old in that league and he's clearly an offensive juggernaut lol. The "entry level contract" part is what confuses me. If you wanted to see if he could hack it in the AHL why not give him an AHL deal similar to Kirill Tutyayev? They must really see something in this guy, but I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't know what to think about this. He has shown offense his last two seasons, but he was 20 and 21 and playing in the QMJHL. Veleno scored 105 points as a 19 year old in that league and he's clearly an offensive juggernaut lol. The "entry level contract" part is what confuses me. If you wanted to see if he could hack it in the AHL why not give him an AHL deal similar to Kirill Tutyayev? They must really see something in this guy, but I don't get it.

You can think its a terrible decision.  This guy slots in as our 24th LEFT HANDED forward on the depth chart and brings absolutely NOTHING to our organization that the other 23 guys in front of him dont bring.  One would THINK that Yzerman would have signed a 6'5", 275 lb, 25 year old, RIGHT HANDED, Goon that could smash Tkachuk's face in til he couldnt see.  Im losing faith in Stevie.  These last 2 games should have been a HUGE wake up call as to what we are missing.

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Some guys translate to the higher leagues and some dont IMO. This kid could be a GR lifer or maybe hes our yanni gourde. Idk. 

21 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You can think its a terrible decision.  This guy slots in as our 24th LEFT HANDED forward on the depth chart and brings absolutely NOTHING to our organization that the other 23 guys in front of him dont bring.  One would THINK that Yzerman would have signed a 6'5", 275 lb, 25 year old, RIGHT HANDED, Goon that could smash Tkachuk's face in til he couldnt see.  Im losing faith in Stevie.  These last 2 games should have been a HUGE wake up call as to what we are missing.

You and I aren't going to agree much on this point. I do agree that we were physically dominated by Ottawa, and power forward types would help, but it's not like that's been a problem all season. This is the first time we've seen a team employ that strategy. You know what HAS been a problem all season? Scoring. Even strength, powerplay, all of it. Four of our top six forwards last night have a combined 21 even strength goals on the season. Add Larkin and Rayond and you have FORTY TWO even strength goals. Our entire top six only has 10 more goals than Mikko Rantanen for f*cks sake. Half the offensive players we do have (Kubalik, Vrana, Berggren) get thrown on bottom lines with pud linemates and zero icetime. We have ONE offensively gifted center in the whole organization.

But at least there's the powerplay right? Nope. We had EIGHT powerplay opportunities last night and didn't score on a single one of them. EIGHT. Try to goon it up like that against Tampa or Boston or Toronto or Edmonton or Carolina...or Ottawa...and you're going to get caved. It's easy to say, "they pushed us around" and it's hard to argue against. But if that game was 4-1 Detroit at the end of the first period instead of 4-1 Ottawa I guarantee they'd have cut that sh*t out in a hurry.

At the beginning of the season we were expecting roughly 30+ goals each from Bert, Larkin, Vrana, and maybe Raymond, with another 15-20 from Copp, Perron, and Kubalik. Anything that Ras, Zadina, Suter, Berggren, Sodorblom, etc. added would have been gravy. Instead our entire forward group (defense has scored better than anticipated) have regressed under Lalonde. Every single one of them. That's an issue.

4 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Some guys translate to the higher leagues and some dont IMO. This kid could be a GR lifer or maybe hes our yanni gourde. Idk. 

Agreed, I'm not saying I hate it. Just that I'm confused by it. Best case scenario RIGHT NOW he's another Cross Hanas. I sure hope so.

Edited by kipwinger

23 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Johnston reporting that Larkin extension nearly finished. Will be north of $8.5 per.

TSN reporting that Bertuzzi, Vrana, and Zadina have all been put on the trade block in anticipation for Friday. 

What does a guy with broken hands, a junkie, and a guy who can't score have in common?  

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Johnston reporting that Larkin extension nearly finished. Will be north of $8.5 per.

TSN reporting that Bertuzzi, Vrana, and Zadina have all been put on the trade block in anticipation for Friday. 

I havnt seen tsn reporting that. Link?

37 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Think Maclellan is trying to retool. Hes shipping out vets but then also flipping the picks for guys like Sandin and re-signing his good players like Jensen. 

So... it's a top 12 protected pick.   I'm guessing if the Isles end up bottom 12 this year we get wherever they land next year, 2024 draft?    Unless we use the pick for Jacob..lol

Tankathon has the Isles picking 14 as of today

Edited by town123

Thought this was a better trade from Sportsnet TDL page.

Mar 01, 2023 - 
5:01 PM ET
 - Details
van
Vancouver Canucks
Acquire

Fourth round pick 2023
Detroit Red Wings
Acquire
Conditional first round pick 2023
Second round pick 2023