• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I'm really hoping the Islanders 1st we got from the Nucks gets pushed to 24, I think it'll have a strong chance of being a lotto pick.

What do you guys think, do we do a mini rebuild and use the picks or swap them for NHL players?

The next 2 days will be fascinating.  I assume Bert (if not traded) will sit tomorrow...

Let the Macklin Celebrini hype train roll out of the station!!

Edited by mackel

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So, who's left from the Holland Era?

Larkin, Bertuzzi, Lindstrom. Rasmussen and Veleno I do believe. 

I do know that as of next season there won't be a single Ken Holland contract left.  Larkin and Veleno are the last remaining ones

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I'm really hoping the Islanders 1st we got from the Nucks gets pushed to 24, I think it'll have a strong chance of being a lotto pick.

What do you guys think, do we do a mini rebuild and use the picks or swap them for NHL players?

The next 2 days will be fascinating.  I assume Bert (if not traded) will sit tomorrow...

Let the Macklin Celebrini hype train roll out of the station!!

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Bert to the Oilers for their 2023 1st would not surprise me.

Chiarot and Zadina to the any team from pick 17 to pick 21 would not surprise me.

13 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The only poop I can throw on the fire here is if NYI go on some improbably long playoff run. That would weaken the value of that 1st rounder. 

Yzerman needs to steal that Washington 1st from Dubas for Bertuzzi. 

Wouldn't that probably be pick 31 or so?    I'd rather trade him for their 2025 pick plus whatever.   Bruins may just stink enough by then.

57 minutes ago, town123 said:

Wouldn't that probably be pick 31 or so?    I'd rather trade him for their 2025 pick plus whatever.   Bruins may just stink enough by then.

Riiiight. It's the god dam Boston pick Washington had that they sent to Toronto. Not Washington's current 10 OA. Makes sense. 

I hate the delayed gratification as much as anyone, but this is actually a pretty good deal. Bertuzzi's trade value is pretty low and there's a really really good chance Boston is much worse a year from now considering the makeup of their team. I hate to see those two guys go, they're both really good players. But we're picking FIVE times in the first two rounds (this season). That's HUGE. We now have the assets to move up and land a real difference maker at the top of the draft.

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well a 2024 1st is better than not bothering. 

Also helps with the late season tank 

If it wasn't protected(haven't seen how protected) I would feel a crap ton better about it. A full season of play would have yielded different results vs 30ish games also.

Mr Vrana/Zadina please report to the shipping department

10 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

If it wasn't protected(haven't seen how protected) I would feel a crap ton better about it. A full season of play would have yielded different results vs 30ish games also.

Mr Vrana/Zadina please report to the shipping department

It's top 10 protected. And while I expect Boston to be worse next year, there's no way they're going to be bad enough to fall into the top ten. It's a really good pick. It'll probably land in the low 20s, unless Bergeron and Krejci retire and Pastrnak walks in free agency.

Just now, kipwinger said:

It's top 10 protected. And while I expect Boston to be worse next year, there's no way they're going to be bad enough to fall into the top ten. It's a really good pick. It'll probably land in the low 20s, unless Bergeron and Krejci retire and Pastrnak walks in free agency.

I'm clear that it's top 10 protected, BUT in the event they do get a top 10 pick in 24, is it an unprotected 1st in 2025?

1 minute ago, mackel said:

I'm clear that it's top 10 protected, BUT in the event they do get a top 10 pick in 24, is it an unprotected 1st in 2025?

I haven't read that, but that's typically how it works. Teams typically can't just keep punting on conditions forever. The Islanders' pick is top 12 protected and it works exactly like that.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I haven't read that, but that's typically how it works. Teams typically can't just keep punting on conditions forever. The Islanders' pick is top 12 protected and it works exactly like that.

I'm actually hoping both picks get punted in that case, in both cases the teams will be worse and the lotto is very much in play.