• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

No one wanted J Var

I was kinda expecting future considerations but I guess we got a 7th for retaining.

Armstrong and Yzerman keep working together. A lot of people are not happy with him in St Louis. Wouldn’t be surprised if he joins Red Wings management if let go by the Blues. Unless he gets a real job, that is. 

Edited by Akakabuto

7 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I was kinda expecting future considerations but I guess we got a 7th for retaining.

Armstrong and Yzerman keep working together. A lot of people are not happy with him in St Louis. Wouldn’t be surprised if he joins Red Wings management if let go by the Blues. Unless he gets a real job, that is. 

I think he's a good GM. The more brains around LCA the better IMO

I genuinely thought we'd get a 3rd or a 4th for Vrana. At the end of the day he's still a very young, very talented scorer. Goes to show what I know. Must be everyone in the league knows the backstory on him.

While I wouldn't be surprised if Zadina gets moved, he looked pretty good last night and we'll need warm bodies for the rest of the season so I'm not expecting it. I do think we'll take on someone's bad contract before the end of the day. Lots of people speculating that Toronto wants to ditch a defenseman now that they've acquired about 3 of them. I wouldn't mind nabbing TJ Brodie to fill Hronek's shoes.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Vrana situation stings really bad.  But we have to accept it.  Yzerman took a gamble and it didnt pay off.  Our rebuild gets a hell of a lot longer now.  Im deflated with this team again now.

Just curious. What was the gamble? 

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Vrana situation stings really bad.  But we have to accept it.  Yzerman took a gamble and it didnt pay off.  Our rebuild gets a hell of a lot longer now.  Im deflated with this team again now.

5 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Imagine thinking that losing Vrana sets the rebuild back by any amount, let alone a significant amount. 

shots fired

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mantha.  It was a good chance to take.

SY got a 1st and 2nd for Mantha. Vrana and Panik were toss ins. Free even! He probably knew it at the time. No gamble there. 

Let's put it this way. DA just gave up more (a 7th) for Vrana then Yzerman did. 

38 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

SY got a 1st and 2nd for Mantha. Vrana and Panik were toss ins. Free even! He probably knew it at the time. No gamble there. 

Pure speculation.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

With what happened here in Detroit its not farfetched to think that Washington saw the writing on the wall and saw an opportunity to ship him away. 

Mclaughlin is staying with the Blues farm team. So its literally 7th + 50% retained.

Im sure Vrana will do well in the meth capital of the American midwest

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I genuinely thought we'd get a 3rd or a 4th for Vrana. At the end of the day he's still a very young, very talented scorer. Goes to show what I know. Must be everyone in the league knows the backstory on him.

While I wouldn't be surprised if Zadina gets moved, he looked pretty good last night and we'll need warm bodies for the rest of the season so I'm not expecting it. I do think we'll take on someone's bad contract before the end of the day. Lots of people speculating that Toronto wants to ditch a defenseman now that they've acquired about 3 of them. I wouldn't mind nabbing TJ Brodie to fill Hronek's shoes.

What a f-a-g amirite?

5 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Mclaughlin is staying with the Blues farm team. So its literally 7th + 50% retained.

The trade was to simply prevent having to buy him out. Now they are off the hook for his contract by the end of next year VS the mess of a buyout. 

Too much baggage/risk involved for him to ever fetch any sort of return. 

Edited by marcaractac

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The trade was to simply prevent having to buy him out. Now they are off the hook for his contract by the end of next year VS the mess of a buyout. 

Too much baggage/risk involved for him to ever fetch any sort of return. 

Or we could of kept him for the rest of this season actually played him and up his value before trading him this summer. Worst case he doesnt up his value at all and you still get the same return from Stl or some other team this summer. Horrible mismanagement on the person/player/asset imo.

5 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Or we could of kept him for the rest of this season actually played him and up his value before trading him this summer. Worst case he doesnt up his value at all and you still get the same return from Stl or some other team this summer. Horrible mismanagement on the person/player/asset imo.

Ehh, the known issues are still there whether he finishes the season here or not. Even if he went on a hot streak, there are still lots of risks and a very low trade value. Rehabbing him is more of a long term project

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Today’s practice:

Perron not skating

Husso left early (not hurt) 

Perron just had a kid