• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Vrana situation stings really bad.  But we have to accept it.  Yzerman took a gamble and it didnt pay off.  Our rebuild gets a hell of a lot longer now.  Im deflated with this team again now.

Stay strong grasshopper... next season we'll have Elmer and Simon up with the big club... growth from within is the way to win.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Mantha.  It was a good chance to take.

Even with the Vrana situation, SY wins that trade.

Trade tree from the Mantha Trade:

Jakob Vrana: traded for 7th rd pick and Dylan McLaughlin

2021 1st round pick:  Sebastian Cossa

2022 2nd round pick: Dmitri Buchelnikov

Richard Panik: traded with a 2nd round pick for Nick Leddy...who was later traded with Luke Witkowski for another 2nd round pick + Oskar Sundqvist + Jake Walman

So basically, the assets from Mantha got the Wings: Cossa, Buchelnikov, Walman, Sundqvist, McLaughlin and a 2nd and 7th round pick this summer.

And the Caps got Mantha and his whopping 55 points since the trade.

Still a big win for Steve..

Edited by Axl Foley

37 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Or we could of kept him for the rest of this season actually played him and up his value before trading him this summer. Worst case he doesnt up his value at all and you still get the same return from Stl or some other team this summer. Horrible mismanagement on the person/player/asset imo.

Who knows who in the locker room he may have a beef with... coulda banged someone's wife, etc.  That they wanted him gone from the room is all we need to know.  They valued having him gone paying half his salary and getting a 7th vs attempting to pop his value.

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

Who knows who in the locker room he may have a beef with... coulda banged someone's wife, etc.  That they wanted him gone from the room is all we need to know.  They valued having him gone paying half his salary and getting a 7th vs attempting to pop his value.

There's a statement from Tom Wilson back when Vrana entered the league. He basically says Jakub is a party animal and hes worried about him.

So this is more than likely a substance abuse issue. He probably went through PAP and relapsed right away. Stevie saw what happened to Probie and Dmac and doesnt want that around his team.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Murray said:

James van Riemsdyk trade from Flyers to Red Wings falls apart before deadline (sportsnet.ca)

No big loss here, expiring contract, player has seen his best days, etc. 

JVR to Detroit never made any sense, Pretty sure Yzerman wanted to acquire him and then flip him for more assets to another team.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im sorry, but this is an F for Yzerman.  We need A LOT more than 4ths, 7ths, and 1sts from contenders.  

He got above market value on Hronek and Bert. Market value for Sunny... he also got something for a guy they couldn't give away and were going to buy out putting an extra year on the cap hit.  The returns may not meet your homer overvaluation of the players traded but these trades were made in the real world.

2 hours ago, mackel said:

He got above market value on Hronek and Bert. Market value for Sunny... he also got something for a guy they couldn't give away and were going to buy out putting an extra year on the cap hit.  The returns may not meet your homer overvaluation of the players traded but these trades were made in the real world.

The same real world where we suck.  I get it.  I want to see us get better.

13 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The Vrana situation stings really bad.  But we have to accept it.  Yzerman took a gamble and it didnt pay off.  Our rebuild gets a hell of a lot longer now.  Im deflated with this team again now.

It does suck, but I'd still do it all over again. Mantha has been brutal on Washington often being a healthy scratch, so the way I look at it is we got Cossa for Mantha. IMO it went from being a steal to just a win.

So heading into the next 2 years we have the following picks

2023.                                                              2024

2 1st unless the Islanders slip big.            2 1sts dependent on where Boston falls to in 2024

3 2nd                                                         1 2nd, 3rd

1 3rd's                                                       2 4th

2 4th's                                                       1 5,6,7

1 in 5,6,7

Correct me if I am wrong but this year's draft is deeeeep.

We are currently sitting 10th from bottom so have a chance @ #1(A guy can dream but we know the midget will f us over).  Plus potential for the Islanders pick to be a top 20 this year. Worst case we could get 3 1sts in 2024.

Could this be our 1989 draft redux ....Lids @ 53, Federov @ 74, Vald @ 221? 

So with a red tint on the glasses we could see Bernard  BEDARD@ 1 , XX @12, XXX in 2nd, XXXX in 2nd, XXXXX in 2nd. PLUS the ones coming out of AHL trying to win a job 

I know I have my red tinted glasses on but I am feeling optimistic for the first time since the Ottawa debacle. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
misspell

42 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

So heading into the next 2 years we have the following picks

2023.                                                              2024

2 1st unless the Islanders slip big.            2 1sts dependent on where Boston falls to in 2024

3 2nd                                                         1 2nd, 3rd

1 3rd's                                                       2 4th

2 4th's                                                       1 5,6,7

1 in 5,6,7

Correct me if I am wrong but this year's draft is deeeeep.

We are currently sitting 10th from bottom so have a chance @ #1(A guy can dream but we know the midget will f us over).  Plus potential for the Islanders pick to be a top 20 this year. Worst case we could get 3 1sts in 2024.

Could this be our 1989 draft redux ....Lids @ 53, Federov @ 74, Vald @ 221? 

So with a red tint on the glasses we could see Bernard @ 1 , XX @12, XXX in 2nd, XXXX in 2nd, XXXXX in 2nd. PLUS the ones coming out of AHL trying to win a job 

I know I have my red tinted glasses on but I am feeling optimistic for the first time since the Ottawa debacle. 

If we get the number 1 pick and take Bernard, I will be PISSED!