• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

Playoff HYPE, next 6 games

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

I agree....but i absolutely don't want a rental at this point.  I'd be okay with a player we have on the books for next year.

Also, anxiously scanning the radar for Kenny to find and acquire the oldest big name player with ties to Edmonton to bolster their team....and overpay.  It's like death and taxes.

Ya I dont want a pure rental either only player with term or agreed on extension in place.

3 hours ago, Walman6million said:

2/22 WC race:

Islanders - 65 pts - 60 games <------------------------------ WC
Panthers - 64 pts - 60 games <------------------------------ WC
Penguins - 63 pts - 56 games (4 games in hand)
Red Wings - 62 pts - 56 games (4 games in hand)
Capitals - 62 pts - 59 games (1 game in hand)
Sabres - 60 pts - 55 games (5 games in hand)
Senators - 58 pts in 56 games (4 games in hand)

We're in great position. Lets assume all teams win 50% of the points available (no loser pts) from their games in hand. This shakes out to:

Penguins - 67 pts <------------------------------ WC
Red Wings - 66 pts <---------------------------- WC
Islanders - 65 pts
Sabres - 64.5
Panthers - 64 pts
Capitals - 62.5 pts
Senators - 62 pts

We are very much in the hunt. And the interesting part is we are HEALTHY (Raymond day to day) and Vrana is returning.

We got 1 down (the caps) now we have Rags + Bolts + Sens (x2 times) + Krakheads before the TDL. Sens are selling already and very injured. These should be easy wins, but must wins. If we can squeak out some additional wins against NYR, TBL, and Seattle I think SY will buy on TDL day. Say we get 4pts against the Sens and another 2 pts against the better teams, we'll be going into the TDL with 68 pts.

SEND THE BOYS ALL YOUR ENERGY. WE ARE TAKING THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR AND UPSETTING THE LEAFS IN THE FIRST ROUND AND ENDING DUBAS'S CAREER. HYPE.

Soo the tank for Bedard is off the table? Which for the record I am fine with as our luck in the draft is abysmal...and this draft is pretty deep as far as talent correct?

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

...and people wonder why so many have left this site

ocpwdzefxi181.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Soo the tank for Bedard is off the table? Which for the record I am fine with as our luck in the draft is abysmal...and this draft is pretty deep as far as talent correct?

Plan the parade

11 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

I like your enthusiasm but were not playing Leafs in the first round were not passing Lightning and Leafs arent passing Bruins. I think were getting in tho. Canes or Bruins first round hopefully we can get 1st WC spot.

I also hope we add at the deadline.

Who can we poach?

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Zadina sent packing to LA for Byfield?

1 underachiever for another?

No chance.  Byfield has promise.  Zadina just promised things.  There are about 4-5 prospects of other teams that I really like:

Stankoven - Dallas

Johnston - Dallas

Grans - LA

Voit - Toronto

Jiricek - Columbus

All RIGHT HANDED players.  Our organization cannot seem to balance handedness for some reason.  It's more important than everybody realizes.

The Red Wings need to be chasing TB.  Not a wild card spot.  TB is within reach if the Wings continue to stay healthy and try.  Not saying we can catch em.  Just saying thats the prize.  The consolation prize for barely missing 3rd place is wild card.  The consolation prize for setting your sights on a wildcart spot and missing it is the golf course.

Update:

Isles 67 pts (0 games in hand) <--- WC

Wings 64 pts (4 games in hand) <--- WC

Cats 64 pts (1 game in hand)

Pens 63 pts (4 games in hand)

Sabres 62 pts (5 games in hand)

Sens and Caps have bowed out of the race at this point and have started selling.

Cats are probably in the worst position. The rest is wide open. 

We HAVE TO win these next x4 games. Two Sens, one bolts, one kraks. We can do it. We made the Rags our *****. 

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Update:

Isles 67 pts (0 games in hand) <--- WC

Wings 64 pts (4 games in hand) <--- WC

Cats 64 pts (1 game in hand)

Pens 63 pts (4 games in hand)

Sabres 62 pts (5 games in hand)

Sens and Caps have bowed out of the race at this point and have started selling.

Cats are probably in the worst position. The rest is wide open. 

We HAVE TO win these next x4 games. Two Sens, one bolts, one kraks. We can do it. We made the Rags our *****. 

Thought Mickey said that FL has more regulation wins then us and that's first tie breaker. But I was also knee deep in the bourbon pool so might have misheard.

F it lets get Tampa's spot and not have to worry its only 12 points total...and tomorrow is a 4 pointer ! 

and this just in ....https://www.nhl.com/news/spencer-knight-to-enter-nhl-nhlpa-player-assistance-program/c-341461880

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
update

47 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thought Mickey said that FL has more regulation wins then us and that's first tie breaker. But I was also knee deep in the bourbon pool so might have misheard.

F it lets get Tampa's spot and not have to worry its only 12 points total...and tomorrow is a 4 pointer ! 

and this just in ....https://www.nhl.com/news/spencer-knight-to-enter-nhl-nhlpa-player-assistance-program/c-341461880

Knight for Vrana?

Update: It's bad

Isles: 69 pts (0 games in hand) <-------- WC
Pens 67 pts (4 games in hand) <-------- WC
Sabres: 66 pts (5 games in hand)
Wings: 64 pts (5 games in hand)
Cats: 64 pts (2 games in hand)

We won a few and lost to Tampa, but all of our competition has also been winning...

Sabres are rumored to be buying at the deadline now too

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

We won a few and lost to Tampa, but all of our competition has also been winning...

we need to SELL

11 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Pens got Elliot we got " THE WALL of Vasilevkiy"

I am going full on conspiracy theory on this....League office called Tampa said "We want to keep Detroit out of the playoff you start the best goalie against them.  Let the schlub play the Pens so they can win as Sid is on his last legs and needs 1 more cup"

Elliot

image.png.296e2a3477e8edd79cbee8cd2c61020e.png 

Vasilevkiy

image.png.19231a50696859868719ae156e858013.png