• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

Provorov now this?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I really want them to force the players to choose on these nights. Camo or rainbows. This way we can know which players to hate and which are LGBT.

Vets arent oppressed though

What? You are too young to have witnessed it, but vets were absolutely discriminated against who came home from the Vietnam War. And the way the VA cares for veterans now is tantamount to the same thing. And if a player refused to wear a military jersey or one honoring Cops, the league would not do anything, and the wokies would hypocritically applaud their"courage".

Also, the alphabet community is not oppressed. They have the same civil rights and government protections as any other group.

And it's not about "equality" or "acceptance" anymore either. That already exists. It goes beyond that. It's about cramming an ideology down the throats of others, and chastising those that don't embrace it.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It's all low-hanging, ticket-selling fruit. You put on a jersey for warmups, they are auctioned off to raise money for charities. But doing so for the LGBTQ community is too much for conservative snowflakes. They are the ones who are soft. 

No. It's about not wearing a jersey that supports a cause you don't agree with. If they wear the other theme jerseys, maybe its because they agree with those causes. That is not hypocrisy. That is choice.

And standing up to the woke mob nowadays does take courage. Provorov was publicly chastised on every single network and social media site. It was national news for crying out loud. Not one player who put on a Pride jersey was ridiculed in any way. They were applauded. And many of them did so while not agreeing with it, because they didn't want to face the backlash from the woke mob. So, tell me again who the "snowflakes" are?

2 hours ago, Shanny'sIrishJigg said:

If the league were inclusive they'd have a team in Quebec City.

Stop the French Canadian hate!

Pour la gloire de la province de Québec et de ses francophones!

Fleur de Lis | maumarinajewelry-nl

There is a team in Montreal....Quebec

44 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

What? You are too young to have witnessed it, but vets were absolutely discriminated against who came home from the Vietnam War. And the way the VA cares for veterans now is tantamount to the same thing. And if a player refused to wear a military jersey or one honoring Cops, the league would not do anything, and the wokies would hypocritically applaud their"courage".

Also, the alphabet community is not oppressed. They have the same civil rights and government protections as any other group.

And it's not about "equality" or "acceptance" anymore either. That already exists. It goes beyond that. It's about cramming an ideology down the throats of others, and chastising those that don't embrace it.

Hey boomer, vietnam was half a century ago. The rainbows couldnt even openly serve until 2011. Thats right, your precious millitary literally oppressed the rainbows.

Vets these days are the most coddled class in America. Support our troops stickers everywhere. More gov bennys than anyone else. Vet discounts at most major companies. Dudes literally do stolen valor and pretend to be troops for the clout.

Aint nobody pretending to be rainbow. In fact being a rainbow is prolly the bravest thing you can do in todays society. 

2 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

No. It's about not wearing a jersey that supports a cause you don't agree with. If they wear the other theme jerseys, maybe its because they agree with those causes. That is not hypocrisy. That is choice.

And standing up to the woke mob nowadays does take courage. Provorov was publicly chastised on every single network and social media site. It was national news for crying out loud. Not one player who put on a Pride jersey was ridiculed in any way. They were applauded. And many of them did so while not agreeing with it, because they didn't want to face the backlash from the woke mob. So, tell me again who the "snowflakes" are?

There is a team in Montreal....Quebec

Montréal n'est pas tout à fait dans le même souffle de culture francophone que Québec. Là encore, je ne m'attendrais pas à ce qu'une graine de foin de l'Indiana comprenne de telles nuances.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Hey boomer, vietnam was half a century ago. The rainbows couldnt even openly serve until 2011. Thats right, your precious millitary literally oppressed the rainbows.

Vets these days are the most coddled class in America. Support our troops stickers everywhere. More gov bennys than anyone else. Vet discounts at most major companies. Dudes literally do stolen valor and pretend to be troops for the clout.

Aint nobody pretending to be rainbow. In fact being a rainbow is prolly the bravest thing you can do in todays society. 

this is the saddest post i've seen in a while; please, just take it down  you speak out of ignorance and youth  

14 minutes ago, TimeBinder said:

so sad :( this is why the future is so bleak - and you don't even understand why - but you will pay and your children will as well - glad i won' see it

The future won't be bigoted like I like oh boohoo

15 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Pride nights aren't about the players. It's about showing fans that all walks of life are inclusive. You know, the whole 'Hockey is for Everyone' campaign? 

Face it. These players are soft, delicate flowers. 

29 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Pride nights aren't about the players. It's about showing fans that all walks of life are inclusive. You know, the whole 'Hockey is for Everyone' campaign? 

Face it. These players are soft, delicate flowers. 

Pride nights are about the destriction of common sense.  

15 hours ago, Walman6million said:

We are currently living in the most accepting times ever. A time where being your true self is celebrated, there is a whole month for it. "Today's society" is probably the easiest time you could be rainbow. I'm not sure how brave it really is.  

4 hours ago, Rick D said:

We are currently living in the most accepting times ever. A time where being your true self is celebrated, there is a whole month for it. "Today's society" is probably the easiest time you could be rainbow. I'm not sure how brave it really is.  

This argument makes no temporal sense. Today is easier. Tomorrow will be even easier. And the next day easier than that. But that doesnt mean the struggle is over, just because we are making progress.

Its like saying this is the best time to own an Iphone and therefore we should just stop trying to improve them. Silly.

The NHL is trying to reach and tap new markets of fans and players to grow the sport. New markets like rainbows, blacks, latinx, etc.

The actions of the Wild players hurt the sport. 

So day by day you become less and less brave, but you still think it is "the bravest thing you could do in todays society". I'm just trying to understand your logic.

I think it is pretty brave of the players to stand up against their organization and the league, I think in today's society it is the bravest thing they can do. 

2 hours ago, Rick D said:

So day by day you become less and less brave, but you still think it is "the bravest thing you could do in todays society". I'm just trying to understand your logic.

I think it is pretty brave of the players to stand up against their organization and the league, I think in today's society it is the bravest thing they can do. 

The only player with bravery is Provorov in that context. The Wild are coward snowflakes who only now feel emboldened because of him. 

When entire sports teams reject your lifestyle and we have to have these conversations, you know its tough to be a rainbow. Thats why i dont diss on rainbows. Tough people. Parents, want your kids to be tough? Raise em rainbow. They'll thank you later.

5 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Hawks refusing to hold pride night. Blaming it on Russian players...

Going to have to have a night in support of Russians soon.

In all seriousness though if the Russians are that scared of Putin, then they probably shouldn't be here. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

29 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Going to have to have a night in support of Russians soon.

In all seriousness though if the Russians are that scared of Putin, then they probably shouldn't be here. 

>wears jersey supporting US millitary

Nah theyre just homophobic

Old dog chiming in ...

Okay a bit confused why it's an all or nothing situation with the NHL.

If players have a religious or other reason to not wear the jersey why can't the others wear the jersey? If you feel strong enough about it both sides should respect each other's opinion. People can eventually change their attitude but you can't force them to. Try to force me to do something and I am going to push back and we get nowhere other than we both are more frustrated. 

We had multiple pride events at work during pride month last year. I didn't require my entire team to attend the events nor could I.  Some did some didn't those that didn't oh well you missed out.

From this link https://recognizeapp.com/cms/articles/celebraiting-pride-month-in-the-workplace

"Do not force employees to participate

While Pride is about inclusion and togetherness, it’s essential to respect all team members’ feelings and beliefs. Forcing participation can be                counterintuitive to the cause. Some employees may come from cultural backgrounds or carry religious beliefs that conflict with Pride. Some employees may be private and prefer to keep their home and work lives separate, and for some, love life and sexuality is personal. Forcing those employees to participate will make them feel uncomfortable, and they might even blame the *** employees of the workplace for that."

I would rather the NHL donate $$ to the Trevor Project or similar. Holding a one night pride night is meh vs trying to engage on a more consistent basis. 

IMHO It's like telling your wife you love her only on Valentine's day vs the entire year. 

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Old dog chiming in ...

Okay a bit confused why it's an all or nothing situation with the NHL.

If players have a religious or other reason to not wear the jersey why can't the others wear the jersey? If you feel strong enough about it both sides should respect each other's opinion. People can eventually change their attitude but you can't force them to. Try to force me to do something and I am going to push back and we get nowhere other than we both are more frustrated. 

We had multiple pride events at work during pride month last year. I didn't require my entire team to attend the events nor could I.  Some did some didn't those that didn't oh well you missed out.

From this link https://recognizeapp.com/cms/articles/celebraiting-pride-month-in-the-workplace

"Do not force employees to participate

While Pride is about inclusion and togetherness, it’s essential to respect all team members’ feelings and beliefs. Forcing participation can be                counterintuitive to the cause. Some employees may come from cultural backgrounds or carry religious beliefs that conflict with Pride. Some employees may be private and prefer to keep their home and work lives separate, and for some, love life and sexuality is personal. Forcing those employees to participate will make them feel uncomfortable, and they might even blame the *** employees of the workplace for that."

I would rather the NHL donate $$ to the Trevor Project or similar. Holding a one night pride night is meh vs trying to engage on a more consistent basis. 

IMHO It's like telling your wife you love her only on Valentine's day vs the entire year. 

Cause the libs flip out and call you a bigot if you dont actively support "current thing"

So instead of wheeling the entire Hawks team out in rainbow jerseys, except Seth Jones, and creating a Seth Jones media witch hunt, they choose just to not participate at all.

Kind of ironic honestly. If the libs would just stop frothing at the mouth everytime a player chose not to participate, teams wouldnt be canceling pride nights. But bc they cant respect a worldview not their own, now their own precious pride nights are getting canceled lol. 

And just to be clear, I support pride nights. Hockey is for everyone is an admirable campaign and its good for growing the sport. I respect all teams who are doing it. I just dont want the red wings doing it. Its fine for others, but i dont want that lifestyle for me or my family. 

Edited by Walman6million