• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Killorn will be 34 to start the season and has played 20,000 games in the last 4 years and has never scored more than 27 goals in a season and that just happened to be this season - contract year.

am I the only do not want? 

context? what does the contract look like? He is still a way better option than re-signing Erne.

A few thoughts:

1. I really like Miles Wood and Nick Ritchie as two UFAs that have decent scoring and plenty of toughness for our bottom lines.

2. Perhaps trading one or both of Perron and Kubalik in the offseason makes sense. Both had quality seasons and are cost controlled. Playoff caliber teams looking to add scoring without spending a lot would likely welcome either of those two and it ensures that neither has a down year (like Bertuzzi did) and screws up their trade value before next year's deadline.

3. Gotta figure that Ivan Barbashev is on SY's radar. Strong two-way player, developed by the Blues, under utilized on his current team (Vegas) who has no realistic way of signing him given their cap situation.

4. Speaking of Vegas, Pavel Dorofeyev is a pretty interesting player. Very high offensive ceiling, good numbers in the AHL, but limited track record in the NHL (7 goals in 18 games this season). RFA.

33 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I’m assuming that Hägg, Oesterle and Pysyk ain’t on the roster next season either. Lots of spots to fill. 

It's time for both Ed and McI to prove they're capable.

Maybe sign one top 4 and one 6/7 guys to compete with them?

Mayfield
Clifton

Walman - Seider
Chiarot - Mayfield
Maata - Clifton
Edvinsson/McIsaac/

From this article

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/04/red-wings-ville-husso-aims-to-be-better-prepared-for-heavy-workload-in-future.html

Husso considered playing in next month’s World Championship in his native Finland but said he likely will pass.

“It’s going to be a big year next year and I need to start to focus for that,” Husso said.

He’ll be training in the Detroit area all summer.

“I think the set-up here is amazing,” Husso said. “A lot of guys are staying. I feel it’s home here. It’s going to be a good summer here and I’m excited about it.”

Looks like the players realize they are on the cusp if a lot of them are staying in Motown this summer. Now they just need to drive over to Ann Arbor and see Michigan's strength coach!!

33 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

From this article

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/04/red-wings-ville-husso-aims-to-be-better-prepared-for-heavy-workload-in-future.html

Husso considered playing in next month’s World Championship in his native Finland but said he likely will pass.

“It’s going to be a big year next year and I need to start to focus for that,” Husso said.

He’ll be training in the Detroit area all summer.

“I think the set-up here is amazing,” Husso said. “A lot of guys are staying. I feel it’s home here. It’s going to be a good summer here and I’m excited about it.”

Looks like the players realize they are on the cusp if a lot of them are staying in Motown this summer. Now they just need to drive over to Ann Arbor and see Michigan's strength coach!!

Pretty sure the Wings current strength coach used to be UofMs strength coach. 

This will be the summer of Kasper. Marco and Mo working out together next to a shrine dedicated to Arnold Schwartzenegger. With that classic photo of Arnold from Golds gym as the mantle piece. On the otherside of the room is a two way mirror, behind which Lidstrom, Kronwall, and a team of nazi scientists hired from Nasa study there every lift in pursuit of the dream of creating the first uber-wing. In the doorway into this secret subterranean wings gym lies an Uwe Krupp jersey, so that Marco and Mo can wipe their shoes on his failed career as a Wing. And they are fed a healthy stream of coney dogs, but the dawgs are replaced with german bratwurst for maximum protein gains. The german translation of eminem songs (90s eminem, not late 2000s soft eminem) are blasted over the speakers to keep Marco and Mos aggression levels up. At workouts end the two of them ring out their sweaty towels into a plastic water bottle marked "F. Zadina" as they hope he will build up his testosterone levels by unknowingly drinking their sweat.

31 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Pretty sure the Wings current strength coach used to be UofMs strength coach. 

This will be the summer of Kasper. Marco and Mo working out together next to a shrine dedicated to Arnold Schwartzenegger. With that classic photo of Arnold from Golds gym as the mantle piece. On the otherside of the room is a two way mirror, behind which Lidstrom, Kronwall, and a team of nazi scientists hired from Nasa study there every lift in pursuit of the dream of creating the first uber-wing. In the doorway into this secret subterranean wings gym lies an Uwe Krupp jersey, so that Marco and Mo can wipe their shoes on his failed career as a Wing. And they are fed a healthy stream of coney dogs, but the dawgs are replaced with german bratwurst for maximum protein gains. The german translation of eminem songs (90s eminem, not late 2000s soft eminem) are blasted over the speakers to keep Marco and Mos aggression levels up. At workouts end the two of them ring out their sweaty towels into a plastic water bottle marked "F. Zadina" as they hope he will build up his testosterone levels by unknowingly drinking their sweat.

Per my stalk on his linked in profile he was the METS guy before us...WTF

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-campbell-70859359

Time to drive the bus to Ann Arbor as Ben Herbert is making monsters over there...

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Per my stalk on his linked in profile he was the METS guy before us...WTF

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-campbell-70859359

Time to drive the bus to Ann Arbor as Ben Herbert is making monsters over there...

Oh I was talking about Mike Barwis. I thought he used to be our strength trainer. But maybe that was only at UofM? Either way it looks like he has since been promoted (or always has been) to "Director of Sports Science and Human Performance".

Interestingly enough, he was ALSO with the Mets before us. Barwis probably poached Campbell from the Mets for the Wings.

But he was also UofM strength coach from 2007 - 2011.

Another tidbit I noticed while stalking these fellows... Mike Barwis also has the same title for the Anaheim Ducks. I was worried Verbeek had poached recently or something, but it looks like he has his own company and is contracted by both clubs?

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Oh I was talking about Mike Barwis. I thought he used to be our strength trainer. But maybe that was only at UofM? Either way it looks like he has since been promoted (or always has been) to "Director of Sports Science and Human Performance".

Interestingly enough, he was ALSO with the Mets before us. Barwis probably poached Campbell from the Mets for the Wings.

But he was also UofM strength coach from 2007 - 2011.

Another tidbit I noticed while stalking these fellows... Mike Barwis also has the same title for the Anaheim Ducks. I was worried Verbeek had poached recently or something, but it looks like he has his own company and is contracted by both clubs?

He Sucks.  Michigan SUCKED while he was there.  We have a team full of children.  These arent men.  

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fire sale in Winnipeg this summer methinks. 

Time to bring Kyle Connor home. There's your 30-40 goal scorer, and he's probably a more realistic target than Debrincat

Think its more likely that PLD is traded to MTL. And then maybe also Ehlers is moved. He's the guy ive seen talked about a lot. 

To WPG: our 2nd first + Zadina

Ehlers - Larkin - Ray

Ras - Copp - Berggren

Kubalik - Kasper - Perron

Fabbri - Veleno - Soderblom