• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Am I alone in thinking SY might draft Reinbacher - the Austrian DMan ?

I feel the same. Unless we move up significantly of course. But if we hover around 9-11 I do believe Reinbacher is his pick. (Unless he's gone already)

On Eliteprospects.com, he's ranked as high as 8th and as low as 35th in the various rankings.

Edited by LeftWinger

I think he’s taking a center. If he doesn’t move up he will take one of Moore, Yager, Danielson, or Dvoraky with the 9th pick. 

I’m coming around in Dvoraky a lot. I didn’t realize how young that guy was. IMO all the knocks on him can largely be explained by the fact that he was playing in a men’s league when he was 16/17. His game reminds me a lot of Sean Monahan. I'd be giving him a long look at 9OA

Edited by kipwinger

On 5/5/2023 at 1:16 PM, Walman6million said:

Walman, Raymond, Mazur, Kasper, and Veleno at worlds. Do these guys plan on spending any time in Detroit this offseason?...

Kasper isn't at the worlds, He has a busted knee cap. Pretty sure he was going home to Austria to rest up.

4 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Kasper isn't at the worlds, He has a busted knee cap. Pretty sure he was going home to Austria to rest up.

So he spent like a week in Detroit and now he's back in Austria with inferior doctors and trainers. Maybe he can get some reps in with all the world renowned Austrian hockey players later this summer. Don't bother getting a jump start on starting a life in Detroit. You're probably going to the Griffins anyway.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I hope we draft reinbacher unless we move up big in the draft

16 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Drafting Reinbacher is a Holland move

16 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Nope, you're not alone on that.

Like I said: It'd be kind of goofy to take yet another defenseman with a top-10 pick - but a top 4 featuring Seider, Edvinsson, and Reinbacher would be nuts.

https://archive.is/LsfYW

7. David Reinbacher, D, Kloten (SWISS)
Oct. 25, 2004 | 6′ 2.0″ | 185 pounds | Shoots right
March 2023 Ranking: 7
Tier: Projected top of the lineup player
Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: Above NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average
Player comparable: Brett Pesce
Background: Reinbacher was a top-four defenseman for his NLA team this season. He had the second most productive draft season by a player in NLA history, behind Auston Matthews, and the best by a defenseman. He was a top player for Austria at the 2023 world juniors. He played regular minutes for Austria’s senior team at the Deutschland Cup. He played for Austria’s U20 team at the 2022 world juniors as well.
Analysis: Reinbacher is an excellent all-around defenseman. His mobility stands out immediately, especially as a 6-foot-2 right-shot defender. Reinbacher’s gap control is quite strong; he kills a lot of plays due to his feet. He can close on guys with his body too, and shows a high compete level to win back pucks. He’s very polished defensively for such a young player, and projects to shut down good NHL forwards. He’s able to both skate and pass pucks up ice. He’s got good offensive touch, showing solid hands and better vision. He’s not dynamic with the puck but showed this season at a young age he could make plays and move the puck like a pro. His sense is very good and he projects to be a power-play guy in the NHL. Reinbacher is a potential top-pair, all-situations NHL defenseman.

He's an Yzerman defenseman through and through.

I'm not sure he'll be available at 9 tho. And even if he is, we have serious needs at forward and SY knows that. So I dunno.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I think he’s taking a center. If he doesn’t move up he will take one of Moore, Yager, Danielson, or Dvoraky with the 9th pick. 

I’m coming around in Dvoraky a lot. I didn’t realize how young that guy was. IMO all the knocks on him can largely be explained by the fact that he was playing in a men’s league when he was 16/17. His game reminds me a lot of Sean Monahan. I'd be giving him a long look at 9OA

Dvorsky's really intriguing. I see some Draisaitl in him. Big body. Excellent playmaking. Lethal shot. Two-way chops. Not exactly a phenomenal skater, but he's smart enough and skilled enough that I'm not sure it really matters, even re: the question of whether he's a true centerman at higher levels. And even if he's winger, he'd be flanking a speedy playmaker in Larkin or Kasper, so no big deal.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

So he spent like a week in Detroit and now he's back in Austria with inferior doctors and trainers. Maybe he can get some reps in with all the world renowned Austrian hockey players later this summer. Don't bother getting a jump start on starting a life in Detroit. You're probably going to the Griffins anyway.

Austria is not a 3rd World country. He'll be just fine with the care he will receive there. Its a kneecap,  not a ligament.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Nope, you're not alone on that.

Like I said: It'd be kind of goofy to take yet another defenseman with a top-10 pick - but a top 4 featuring Seider, Edvinsson, and Reinbacher would be nuts.

https://archive.is/LsfYW

He's an Yzerman defenseman through and through.

I'm not sure he'll be available at 9 tho. And even if he is, we have serious needs at forward and SY knows that. So I dunno.

I’d imagine this would be the Teutonic Trio (Seider, Kasper, Reinbacher) going clubbing when the Wings visit Vegas…

C0DF0E33-0102-4A23-BBB7-7BC7A6031BDC.gif

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Dvorsky's really intriguing. I see some Draisaitl in him. Big body. Excellent playmaking. Lethal shot. Two-way chops. Not exactly a phenomenal skater, but he's smart enough and skilled enough that I'm not sure it really matters, even re: the question of whether he's a true centerman at higher levels. And even if he's winger, he'd be flanking a speedy playmaker in Larkin or Kasper, so no big deal.

I think he's a center all day long. He's too good defensively and in the FO circle not to be used there. He's also one of the younger players in the draft so I still expect a lot of physical development in addition to his skill development. I think he's going to fall down to where Detroit is drafting because he's super young and playing in a tough men's league so his number's aren't as good as some of the popular Canadian  and American kids. But against his own age group he's absolutely dominant and has been for years.

He checks a ton of boxes for the Wings. Big, center, well rounded, high offensive ceiling, goal scorer, developed in Swedish men's league. If he can add some speed I think he's got really high offensive upside in the NHL.

Edit: The flip side of the coin is that if you want a center who has all that AND speed you might as well draft Brayden Yager.

Edited by kipwinger

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I think he's a center all day long. He's too good defensively and in the FO circle not to be used there. He's also one of the younger players in the draft so I still expect a lot of physical development in addition to his skill development. I think he's going to fall down to where Detroit is drafting because he's super young and playing in a tough men's league so his number's aren't as good as some of the popular Canadian  and American kids. But against his own age group he's absolutely dominant and has been for years.

He checks a ton of boxes for the Wings. Big, center, well rounded, high offensive ceiling, goal scorer, developed in Swedish men's league. If he can add some speed I think he's got really high offensive upside in the NHL.

Edit: The flip side of the coin is that if you want a center who has all that AND speed you might as well draft Brayden Yager.

Yep, I agree with pretty much all of this.

Of the realistic options at 9, Dvorsky's probably my top preference. It's crazy to me that people are sleeping so hard on the angle you're hammering, which is that this is a very young kid who's played up in Sweden. And, as you pointed out, he's also absolutely crushed his same-age peers - despite being younger than most of them. 10 goals and 21 points in 10 games against juniors this season. That's wild.

My only concern - if you can even call it a concern - is the skating. But I reckon that's at least partly a physical maturity thing. Every facet of his game's going to improve as he matures.

47 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yep, I agree with pretty much all of this.

Of the realistic options at 9, Dvorsky's probably my top preference. It's crazy to me that people are sleeping so hard on the angle you're hammering, which is that this is a very young kid who's played up in Sweden. And, as you pointed out, he's also absolutely crushed his same-age peers - despite being younger than most of them. 10 goals and 21 points in 10 games against juniors this season. That's wild.

My only concern - if you can even call it a concern - is the skating. But I reckon that's at least partly a physical maturity thing. Every facet of his game's going to improve as he matures.

I'm on the Dvorsky train assuming Moore/Smith and all that are taken

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im on the Reinbacher train.

Seider

Reinbacher

Tuomisto

Grans (for Maatta and 2024 Boston 1st)

Walman

Edvinsson

Johansson

Wallinder

Edvinsson = Hedman

Seider = Pronger

Raymond = Alfredsson

Kasper = Kopitar

Dvorsky = Hossa

Larkin = Larkin

Cossa =Howard

Mazur = Tyler Bertuzzi

Rebuild complete

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Edvinsson = Hedman

Seider = Pronger

Raymond = Alfredsson

Kasper = Kopitar

Dvorsky = Hossa

Larkin = Larkin

Cossa =Howard

Mazur = Tyler Bertuzzi

Rebuild complete

whose is our Probert-Lite to keep flies off? As there will never be another Probie

49 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

whose is our Probert-Lite to keep flies off? As there will never be another Probie

As you said, there will never be another Probert. But we can get close. Anton Johansson will be our Andreas Lilja lite to keep the rats at bay.