• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Ras is a middle 6 winger at best, and should not be in the top 6 full time.

Why not? Lots of teams have 40 pts power wingers in their top six. Florida does in Bennett, Washington does in Tom Wilson. I think it can work.

3 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Ras is a middle 6 winger at best, and should not be in the top 6 full time.

What do you think a middle 6 winger is? It's essentially a 2nd and 3rd line winger. Ras playing on the 2nd line doesn't hurt. He makes more sense on the 4th line with Soderblom and a another big body as a shutdown line.

12 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

What do you think a middle 6 winger is? It's essentially a 2nd and 3rd line winger. Ras playing on the 2nd line doesn't hurt. He makes more sense on the 4th line with Soderblom and a another big body as a shutdown line.

I'd rather have Ras in the top6 more than anyone not named Larkin, Copp, Raymond, or Perron.

Depending on how Berggren and Kasper show this year, and who we sign, he's absolutely belongs in the top6 and is probably our best LW at the moment.

If Ras is slotted on the 4th, we better be rolling all lines equally, or we should just trade him. A player of his size, defensive acumen, and finally discovered scoring touch would be wasted on the 4th. Soderblom should spend an entire season in GR yet IMO. The 4th line belongs to the eternal losers Zadina and Veleno.... Foe Zadleno.... Jilip Veldina 

6 hours ago, Walman6million said:

I'd rather have Ras in the top6 more than anyone not named Larkin, Copp, Raymond, or Perron.

Depending on how Berggren and Kasper show this year, and who we sign, he's absolutely belongs in the top6 and is probably our best LW at the moment.

If Ras is slotted on the 4th, we better be rolling all lines equally, or we should just trade him. A player of his size, defensive acumen, and finally discovered scoring touch would be wasted on the 4th. Soderblom should spend an entire season in GR yet IMO. The 4th line belongs to the eternal losers Zadina and Veleno.... Foe Zadleno.... Jilip Veldina 

Not even. Jettison those soft scrubs and build a 4th line that other teams dread playing against like the days of yore

10 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Fabbri is another example. Guys who CAN fill in in the top 6 when need be, but would be better on the 3rd line.

On 5/26/2023 at 6:40 PM, Walman6million said:

Booooooooooooooooooooo

You realize I am not rooting against it, right? See I'm not like one of those Zadina haters who actually wanted him to fail so they could be right.

13 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

You realize I am not rooting against it, right? See I'm not like one of those Zadina haters who actually wanted him to fail so they could be right.

We didn't WANT him to fail we recognized he WAS/IS failing.  Please don't mistake the two they are not the same.

I think Rasmussen has the potential to be Franzen, i.e. a big body who can play center and wing and who doesn't score a lot in the regular season but explodes in the playoffs. If we can pull off this rebuild and get ourselves back into yearly contention, he could be a huge x factor.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I think Rasmussen has the potential to be Franzen, i.e. a big body who can play center and wing and who doesn't score a lot in the regular season but explodes in the playoffs. If we can pull off this rebuild and get ourselves back into yearly contention, he could be a huge x factor.

I would be happy with that. I just don't see him as anything more than a slightly better producing Riley Sheahan at this point.

5 hours ago, mackel said:

We didn't WANT him to fail we recognized he WAS/IS failing.  Please don't mistake the two they are not the same.

You were calling him a bust the day he was drafted.

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

I just don't see him as anything more than a slightly better producing Riley Sheahan at this point.

You're likely right.

Ultimately, it hinges on how good the team as a whole becomes. Same deal with Soderblom and other complementary-type guys.

If, say, Larkin, Raymond, Mazur, and Kasper are all high-end(ish) generators, then Rasmussen et al. might become real gamebreakers. Rasmussen-Larkin-Mazur. Soderblom-Kasper-Raymond. I can imagine a future in which those lines are really hard to contain.

But if we have to count on Rasmussen et al. to be primary drivers because we never really become a team that can just flat-out score, then, yeah, Rasmussen et al. are probably nothing special.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ras is good.  Why whip him?

Too tall.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ras is good.  Why whip him?

I'm not. I don't bash any of our players.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

You're likely right.

Ultimately, it hinges on how good the team as a whole becomes. Same deal with Soderblom and other complementary-type guys.

If, say, Larkin, Raymond, Mazur, and Kasper are all high-end(ish) generators, then Rasmussen et al. might become real gamebreakers. Rasmussen-Larkin-Mazur. Soderblom-Kasper-Raymond. I can imagine a future in which those lines are really hard to contain.

But if we have to count on Rasmussen et al. to be primary drivers because we never really become a team that can just flat-out score, then, yeah, Rasmussen et al. are probably nothing special.

Too tall.

Ras could be a complimentary player in the middle 6. If you have an elite center and goal scoring winger, he could be useful in such a scenario.

Edited by Axl Foley

On 5/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Axl Foley said:

I mean...that would be great if it happens. I just don't see it.

I'm only half joking when I say that, BUT he is entering the season at the age at which Thompson earned his big contract. 

At this stage, Ras actually outproduced Thompson at this stage of his career. 

Having said that, no I do not see Ras hitting those highs. But I feel comfortable saying we absolutely have yet to see the best of him. 

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I'm only half joking when I say that, BUT he is entering the season at the age at which Thompson earned his big contract. 

At this stage, Ras actually outproduced Thompson at this stage of his career. 

Having said that, no I do not see Ras hitting those highs. But I feel comfortable saying we absolutely have yet to see the best of him. 

Yah, I think hes going to have a really good season with Kasper centering he and Zadina.  

23 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

I would be happy with that. I just don't see him as anything more than a slightly better producing Riley Sheahan at this point.

You were calling him a bust the day he was drafted.

And I was 100% correct.  As I said at the time, I watched him play live in the Q; the signs were there.  I'm convinced the Wings didn't scout him throughly enough, thinking he'd be off the board and made the TSN rankings pick, rather than go with the player(s) they had throughly scouted. 

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, I think hes going to have a really good season with Kasper centering he and Zadina.  

Man don't contaminate Kasper with Zadina's ick.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

lol

He made the roster this spring and started at C

Okay. He played C in his one and only game in the NHL So that means he will start, and play the whole season, at center? Larkin started on the wing. It's not like it's unprecedented. I think its more likely he plays wing to Copp than the other way around long term.

He also suffered a season ending injury. I dont think it's crazy to think that they will want to ease him into his role to start the season.

I also don't think its crazy to think that his one game at C in a meaningless game in April was more about seeing where his progress and skill set was at.

And considering that he was used as a pivot in Rogle (not a full time center) against much weaker competition in the SHL, I dont think its crazy that he starts the season at wing if he is going to play a prominent role on the Wings roster.

Edited by Axl Foley