• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2023 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Okay. He played C in his one and only game in the NHL So that means he will start, and play the whole season, at center? Larkin started on the wing. It's not like it's unprecedented. I think its more likely he plays wing to Copp than the other way around long term.

He also suffered a season ending injury. I dont think it's crazy to think that they will want to ease him into his role to start the season.

I also don't think its crazy to think that his one game at C in a meaningless game in April was more about seeing where his progress and skill set was at.

And considering that he was used as a pivot in Rogle (not a full time center) against much weaker competition in the SHL, I dont think its crazy that he starts the season at wing if he is going to play a prominent role on the Wings roster.

you are off here

On 5/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Axl Foley said:

I would be happy with that. I just don't see him as anything more than a slightly better producing Riley Sheahan at this point.

You were calling him a bust the day he was drafted.

lol what? What Sheahan and Ras are you watching?

Sheahan averaged 25 pts a season, was used as nothing more than a 4th liner on every team he played for, and exited the league at age 30.

Rasmussen is coming off a 42 pt pace at age 23, is bigger stronger faster, and regularly gets slotted into the top 6. 10-15 more lbs of muscle on this kid over the next few seasons and he's going to be a monster two-way winger for us, that can also take draws. This is like saying Seider is a slightly better producing Hronek lol.

And Mackel may have called it it b4 me watching Zadina in the Q, and I probably fought with him about that after the draft. But the moment I finally saw Zadina play in the AHL I completely 180ed, and then had to fight with all you R-slurs for years about it. And I will not concede now that Ras and Sheahan are even comparable. I guess they both PK and both were once drafted as centers? Other than that Ras is tremendously better than Riley.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, Dabura said:

You're likely right.

You're time away from this place has left your mind weak and deformed.

3 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Okay. He played C in his one and only game in the NHL So that means he will start, and play the whole season, at center? Larkin started on the wing. It's not like it's unprecedented. I think its more likely he plays wing to Copp than the other way around long term.

He also suffered a season ending injury. I dont think it's crazy to think that they will want to ease him into his role to start the season.

I also don't think its crazy to think that his one game at C in a meaningless game in April was more about seeing where his progress and skill set was at.

And considering that he was used as a pivot in Rogle (not a full time center) against much weaker competition in the SHL, I dont think its crazy that he starts the season at wing if he is going to play a prominent role on the Wings roster.

Your takes get more bizarre by the day

28 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Sheahan averaged 25 pts a season, was used as nothing more than a 4th liner on every team he played for, and exited the league at age 30.

Rasmussen is coming off a 42 pt pace at age 23, is bigger stronger faster, and regularly gets slotted into the top 6. 10-15 more lbs of muscle on this kid over the next few seasons and he's going to be a monster two-way winger for us, that can also take draws. This is like saying Seider is a slightly better producing Hronek lol.

And Mackel may have called it it b4 me watching Zadina in the Q, and I probably fought with him about that after the draft. But the moment I finally saw Zadina play in the AHL I completely 180ed, and then had to fight with all you R-slurs for years about it. And I will not concede now that Ras and Sheahan are even comparable. I guess they both PK and both were once drafted as centers? Other than that Ras is tremendously better than Riley.

You're time away from this place has left your mind weak and deformed.

Your takes get more bizarre by the day

You could just maybe offer a counter argument if you think I am wrong about his usage.

56 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Riley Sheahan at 23: 79 games played, 36 points, 0.45 P/GP

Michael Rasmussen at 23: 56 games played, 29 points, 0.52 P/GP

Big difference there.

2 hours ago, Walman6million said:

@The 91 of Ryans already has you on usage.

How so? 

27 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Riley Sheahan at 23: 79 games played, 36 points, 0.45 P/GP

Michael Rasmussen at 23: 56 games played, 29 points, 0.52 P/GP

The year Sheahan got 2nd line minutes. Howd'd that take? Do you think Ras will be demoted in the same way?

28 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

How so? 

10 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

lol

He made the roster this spring and started at C

you're honestly not this r-slurred, or are you...?

Depends on if we make a move for center in the offseason or not. Kasper has a long way to go winning faceoffs. During his one game he did not perform well on the dot and Copp (who played on his wing that game) ended up taking a bunch for Marco. If we run with Larkin-Copp-Kasper down the middle that only leaves Ras as a winger who can win faceoffs and ideally you wouldn't have him on your third line. However, if we make a move for a 2C we can flex both Ras and Copp to the wing and one of them could ride shotgun with Marco.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

well I do spend time on these message boards......

has to make me something

No im with u. We're on the same team today. Team PEI.

The R slur is the guy who thinks Ras is a 4th line winger and Kasper doesnt play center. 

15 hours ago, Walman6million said:

The year Sheahan got 2nd line minutes. Howd'd that take? Do you think Ras will be demoted in the same way?

you're honestly not this r-slurred, or are you...?

So point was, and still is, that Rasmussen is only slightly producing more than Sheahan at the same age. Never did I say that Ras was doomed to the same fate. Sheahan was, at best, a 4C. Ras has been improving every year and will likely top out as 3C who can fill in at 2W from time to time. Pretty sure that's what he was projected to be when he was drafted. I dont think that is unrealistic or inflammatory.

And I already responded to Kasper's less than one game in the NHL. If you think that that is enough to prove how he will be used in 23-24, then I would say that's probably confirmation bias, not enough to actually predict the upcoming season.

3 hours ago, Walman6million said:

No im with u. We're on the same team today. Team PEI.

The R slur is the guy who thinks Ras is a 4th line winger and Kasper doesnt play center. 

Never said either one of those things.

13 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

So point was, and still is, that Rasmussen is only slightly producing more than Sheahan at the same age. Never did I say that Ras was doomed to the same fate. Sheahan was, at best, a 4C. Ras has been improving every year and will likely top out as 3C who can fill in at 2W from time to time. Pretty sure that's what he was projected to be when he was drafted. I dont think that is unrealistic or inflammatory.

And I already responded to Kasper's less than one game in the NHL. If you think that that is enough to prove how he will be used in 23-24, then I would say that's probably confirmation bias, not enough to actually predict the upcoming season.

Never said either one of those things.

>Sheahan is a 4th line C

>Ras literally not a 4th line C

Yeah theyre basically the same.

Wings trusted Kasper to skip the AHL and play his first NHL game as a 2C. Not a 3. Not a 4. A 2C. Do you think they lost trust in him cause he got himself hurt??

If SY and Lolololande think enough of Kasper to start him as our 2C for one game, then I would have to believe they love the kid.   Faceoffs, whatever.

Maybe not to start the year, especially  with his kneecap situation, but certainly by the mid way point Kasper should be our 2C.   He has to get the ice time and video time watching Hank.   Now just draft a Pavel?

7 hours ago, Walman6million said:

>Sheahan is a 4th line C

>Ras literally not a 4th line C

Yeah theyre basically the same.

Wings trusted Kasper to skip the AHL and play his first NHL game as a 2C. Not a 3. Not a 4. A 2C. Do you think they lost trust in him cause he got himself hurt??

Never said they were the same.

It was one meaningless game in April. It is not indicative of a full season.

1 minute ago, Axl Foley said:

Never said they were the same.

It was one meaningless game in April. It is not indicative of a full season.

I forgot, Ras is only slightly better than a 4th liner. Do you think he makes the 3rd line this year finally?

So what about Kasper? the Wings already slotted him there. Seems like mindless speculation on your part.

13 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

I forgot, Ras is only slightly better than a 4th liner. Do you think he makes the 3rd line this year finally?

So what about Kasper? the Wings already slotted him there. Seems like mindless speculation on your part.

Ras is a 3rd liner at this point.

Kasper was literally used as a pivot in Rogle. That was a full season.

3 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Ras is a 3rd liner at this point.

Who's ahead of him at LW? Kubalik and Fabbri? Oh I guess you're right.

Kasper spent the majority of time at C. Saying he's not a C is like saying Z and Dats weren't C's because they sometimes played LW to each other.

Edited by Walman6million

5 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Who's ahead of him at LW? Kubalik and Fabbri? Oh I guess you're right.

Kasper spent the majority of time at C. Saying he's not a C is like saying Z and Dats weren't C's because they sometimes played LW to each other.

What a player is listed as, and what position they play on the roster are 2 different things.

Z was listed as a C despite spending significant time on Datstuks wing.

Fedorov was always listed as a C despite playing wing when with the Russian 5 or D when Bowman saw fit.

Even Franzen was listed as a center when he broke into the NHL. So was Hudler and I believe Nyquist too.

It would not surprise me to see Kasper listed as a C on the roster while playing on Copp's wing to start the season.

39 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

What a player is listed as, and what position they play on the roster are 2 different things.

Agreed

Z was listed as a C despite spending significant time on Datstuks wing.

Z spent the majority of his career at C, not even on Datsyuk's line...

Fedorov was always listed as a C despite playing wing when with the Russian 5 or D when Bowman saw fit.

Fedorov was a natural center and played the vast majority of his career at center

Even Franzen was listed as a center when he broke into the NHL. So was Hudler and I believe Nyquist too.

Franzen sometimes took draws. Franzen played maybe 50 games at center in the NHL? And it wasn't early on. Just like Abby. No one considers either a center.  Hudler and Nyquist almost never even took draws. Not sure what head movies your watching on those two...

It would not surprise me to see Kasper listed as a C on the roster while playing on Copp's wing to start the season.

It would not surprise me that you're being dumb again. Copp is way more experienced as a winger than Kasper is. Which is exactly why they put Copp on Kaspers wing... lol

Edited by Walman6million

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Hearing Tyler Myers, OEL, + Pick #11 to Detroit for pick Zadina and pick #43.

What about 

• Detroit trades: Picks 42, 43,  Zadina
  • Vancouver trades: Pick 11, Tyler Myers

46 minutes ago, town123 said:

What about 

• Detroit trades: Picks 42, 43,  Zadina
  • Vancouver trades: Pick 11, Tyler Myers

Probably where Stevie started.  Vancouver wants to shed OEL and Myers bad.  My guess is Zadina stays out of the deal.  Taking on Vancouvers 13.25 mil next year and 3 more years of OEL at 7.2 mil should be enough leverage.  Will leave us with some nice trade chips going forward as well.

8 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Agreed

Z spent the majority of his career at C, not even on Datsyuk's line...

Fedorov was a natural center and played the vast majority of his career at center

Franzen sometimes took draws. Franzen played maybe 50 games at center in the NHL? And it wasn't early on. Just like Abby. No one considers either a center.  Hudler and Nyquist almost never even took draws. Not sure what head movies your watching on those two...

It would not surprise me that you're being dumb again. Copp is way more experienced as a winger than Kasper is. Which is exactly why they put Copp on Kaspers wing... lol

youre being trolled, bro.  why you keep feeding?