• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mattm88

Joe Veleno needs to be kicked out from hockey

Rate this topic

I have no issue with the initial tangle up and had Benn thrown him to the ice etc ...totally okay.

I don't think dropping down and drilling the guy is needed.  Benn basically did almost the same maneuver on Larkin's neck and if memory serves me correct didn't get diddly as far as penalty or suspension. Benn uses that stick like its the hammer of Thor.

They should let Benn play but he plays the first period without a stick and Vegas is allowed to play whack a mole with him.

Evil Jamie Benn nearly decapitates Mark Stone with his barbarian club only days after bloodthirsty Joe Veleno practically severed Nino Niederreiter's leg with his foot sword. Hockey must be reigned in for it's own good. Just think of the impact on the children.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

lol oh no Krups

Charge criminally?  Ha.

"Hello folks, it's 2024 summer, and it's time for our anual wrap up of criminal offenses.  This year, felony assaults were down 12% with only 46 guilty verdicts, but midemeanor assaults rose 57% with 7,346 guilty verdicts.  Woh, nelly."

Benn's punishment will come pretty swifty I suspect. Remember that he's been in management's doghouse for a while. Anybody remember the Jim Lites comments about Benn and Seguin? Lites is old friends with Jim Nill and the two were more or less raised in hockey together. Not hard to surmise that Lites' comments may well closely reflect those of Nill. At the time of those comments Dallas' owner was also apparently very unhappy with the duo. If Dallas loses their next game, resulting in a sweep, and their Captain wasn't on the ice for (more or less) two of those losses he's toast as the captain of the team.

He's clearly about to get suspended. Imagine getting suspended, losing pay, losing your captaincy, losing the respect of your teammates for not being on the ice, and watching your team lose in the the conference finals from the pressbox...all based on one stupid play? That seems sufficiently punitive.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

lol oh no Krups

His career with hockey Canada is canceled. Everyone will remember this and he will not be invited back. Ever. 

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

"YoU MeAn tO tEll mE hoCKey leTS pLaYers haVE feeT WeAPons?!?!!? WhAT iS THiss, ThUnDerDome?!!"

With great weapons comes great responsibilty. I think it also matters bc Veleno is a scrub doing this to a vet top6er. 

1 minute ago, Walman6million said:

With great weapons comes great responsibilty. I think it also matters bc Veleno is a scrub doing this to a vet top6er. 

None of it matters, at all. You're trying to turn this into something because you're bored and you think it makes you clever to debate nonsense on the internet.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

None of it matters, at all. You're trying to turn this into something because you're bored and you think it makes you clever to debate nonsense on the internet.

League cant have scrubs running around stabbing their legit players with foot knives. Kruppa got this one right.

7 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

League cant have scrubs running around stabbing their legit players with foot knives. Kruppa got this one right.

:lol:

How will the league respond to an attempted murder at an internationally sanctioned hockey game and how did Greg Kruppa "get it right" despite talking about a whole different on-ice incident? I'm sure one of your dozens and dozens of fake accounts will be sure to let us know. And there's absolutely nothing pathetic about that at all.

39 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

:lol:

How will the league respond to an attempted murder at an internationally sanctioned hockey game and how did Greg Kruppa "get it right" despite talking about a whole different on-ice incident? I'm sure one of your dozens and dozens of fake accounts will be sure to let us know. And there's absolutely nothing pathetic about that at all.

If folks would stop reporting me over minor disagreements id still be on my first account

9 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

I also know how sharp the tape edges can be on a stick blade after they freeze

There is a reason why guys bleed when they get hit in the face with a stick blade. its not a blunt object.

Only if you tape it like an R-slur

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

that's the cleanest hit ive ever seen.  stopped his strides and coasting.    lowered down.  then shoulder to chest.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Totally clean. Textbook. Anybody complaining about that hit is a homer.

The fact that one of the best defensive Dmen in the league got caught shoe gazing in the death zone tells you all you need to know about where the Hurricanes heads were at this series. Not in the game at all IMO

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The fact that one of the best defensive Dmen in the league got caught shoe gazing in the death zone tells you all you need to know about where the Hurricanes heads were at this series. Not in the game at all IMO

Yep, they were beaten before they stepped on the ice last night.