22 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

7npl8b.jpg

Taken from the wiki

I maintain my position on the origin of Hoosier

23 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

7npl8b.jpg

Taken from the wiki

I maintain my position on the origin of Hoosier

At least your origin story is more plausible than your fixed draft one.

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

At least your origin story is more plausible than your fixed draft one.

You're off on this one friend. Hoosa means "sodomy" in Shawnee. Look it up. This is the most likely root of the word according to phrenologists.

Edited by Walman6million

On 5/31/2023 at 12:43 AM, Walman6million said:

You're off on this one friend. Hoosa means "sodomy" in Shawnee. Look it up. This is the most likely root of the word according to phrenologists.

Yeah. Cause Indiana would certainly adopt the term if that was the case.

On 5/31/2023 at 12:43 AM, Walman6million said:

Also, I dont think you know what Phrenology is.

12 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

Also, I dont think you know what Phrenology is.

Its the study of the brain and how it works. Hoosiers have a softer part of the top of the skull that makes them prone to homoerotic behavior.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You guys are off topic.

Whats your opinion on the movie hoosiers? Mike said its a turd, but everyone knows hes homophobic

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Its the study of the brain and how it works. Hoosiers have a softer part of the top of the skull that makes them prone to homoerotic behavior.

Whats your opinion on the movie hoosiers? Mike said its a turd, but everyone knows hes homophobic

It's a great movie.  Classic.  Mike is enthusiastic about bowling.  Nuff said.

It should be on anyones 10 best Sports Movies List. 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

5 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Phrenology has nothing to do with language or word origins.

48 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

It should be on anyones 10 best Sports Movies List. 91% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Phrenology has nothing to do with language or word origins.

Not language itself, the language section of the skull

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Not language itself, the language section of the skull

Again. Nothing to do with word origins. Phrenologists would have no opinion on where a specific word comes from among competing theories.

Etymologists actually study words and word origins, and the consensus among Etymologists is that is one of the 3 most popular theories as stated by the link I gave you. Although they can't agree on one origin, none of them have anything to do with your crackpot theory.

Also, "hoosa" is the Indian word for corn.

I guess you've given up on your ridiculous theory about the NHL draft being rigged and have moved onto something equally idiotic.

Edited by Axl Foley

39 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Again. Nothing to do with word origins. Phrenologists would have no opinion on where a specific word comes from among competing theories.

Etymologists actually study words and word origins, and the consensus among Etymologists is that is one of the 3 most popular theories as stated by the link I gave you. Although they can't agree on one origin, none of them have anything to do with your crackpot theory.

I guess you've given up on your ridiculous theory about the NHL draft being rigged and have moved onto something equally idiotic.

Fml

5 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

It's a multidisciplinary study. So it's understandable that you don't understand phrenology as a Hoosier. The discipline would suggest that your skulls are naturally smaller than most Americans.

Hoosa can mean corn in the singular. But in the plural it means "men who corn hole themselves". Hence the sodomy association.    

On 5/20/2023 at 1:14 PM, Mattm88 said:

This crap has no place in hockey, he hasn't made it in the NHL so now he goes to the worlds to act tough. Joe needs to go not only from the worlds but the NHL as well, what a complete loser. 

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/1659945672911593473

Perhaps morons like you should be banned, What happens at the worlds has no baring on what happens in the NHL LOOOOOZER.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:53 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

It's a great movie.  Classic.  Mike is enthusiastic about bowling.  Nuff said.

Bowling…What other activity allows (encourages) consumption of food and beverages (read beer) while participating?

Slap Shot > The Big Lebowski > Caddy Shack > Hosers

Edited by F.Michael

On 6/2/2023 at 10:48 PM, bIueadams said:

It's a multidisciplinary study. So it's understandable that you don't understand phrenology as a Hoosier. The discipline would suggest that your skulls are naturally smaller than most Americans.

Hoosa can mean corn in the singular. But in the plural it means "men who corn hole themselves". Hence the sodomy association.    

fml

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Bowling…What other activity allows (encourages) consumption of food and beverages (read beer) while participating?

Slap Shot > The Big Lebowski > Caddy Shack > Hosers

1. Golf

2. Big Lebowski is not a Sports Movie