#7221 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:20 PM

IPB Image
ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#7222 mattkientz

mattkientz

• PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:49 PM

IPB Image
Lidstrom Rules is my musical mentor. \m/

#7223 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:02 AM

The second day of the NFL draft
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#7224 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

IPB Image

#7225 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:30 PM

IPB Image

#7226 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

IPB Image

#7227 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

Midian by Cradle of Filth.

anyone who thinks they like heavy metal needs to check out some Cradle of Filth, give it a few weeks before making judgement, you will love them!
IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

#7228 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:19 AM

For the past month I've been listening to

IPB Image

This is such an incredible album, I love it devil.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#7229 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Legionnaire11 @ May 5, 2006 - 11:12AM) View Post

Midian by Cradle of Filth.

anyone who thinks they like heavy metal needs to check out some Cradle of Filth, give it a few weeks before making judgement, you will love them!

midian's pretty good tho i'm partial to pinciple of evil made flesh and nymphetamine

torture killer - swarm (no pic available) \m/

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 06 May 2006 - 11:43 AM.

#7230 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:47 AM

Time for some Canadian metal

IPB Image

#7231 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:21 AM

IPB Image

#7232 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:12 AM

If I Were You- Hoobastank

Home Sweet Home-Motley Crue ft. Linkin Park

Beast And The Harlot- Avenged Sevenfold ----If you like rock listen to this CD its great!

BTW-I just downloaded some Cradle of Faith..pretty excited to hear it.

#7233 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ May 7, 2006 - 12:12PM) View Post

BTW-I just downloaded some Cradle of Faith..pretty excited to hear it.

Do you listen to much extreme metal?

if not, it may take a few listens.

#7234 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

Twilight Zone-------2 Unlimited
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#7235 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

A good Cradle of Filth song to download....Nemesis. Listening to that right now.

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#7236 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ May 7, 2006 - 05:29PM) View Post

A good Cradle of Filth song to download....Nemesis. Listening to that right now.

They actually did a really good cover of Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name. I'm not usually one for covers but it's pretty cool. C.O.F. is alright but i for "black" metal (there is dispute as to whether or not C.O.F. is truly that) I recommend bands like Immortal, Emperor, Bathory, Darkthrone, Dawn, Leviathan, Xasthur, Lord Belial, Dissection, Dark funeral, etc.
Here's a good reference site-

http://www.blackmeta...&template=index

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 07 May 2006 - 05:46 PM.

#7237 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(Lidstrom Rules @ May 7, 2006 - 11:15AM) View Post

Do you listen to much extreme metal?

if not, it may take a few listens.

Not alot, but I'll listen to any kind of music especially rock. Most of the rock I listen to is like Avenged Sevenfold, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Korn, Metellica, System Of A Down, and other classic rock.

#7238 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ May 7, 2006 - 09:48PM) View Post

Not alot, but I'll listen to any kind of music especially rock. Most of the rock I listen to is like Avenged Sevenfold, Motley Crue, Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Korn, Metellica, System Of A Down, and other classic rock.

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the C.O.F. isn't going to make much sense at first since you don't seem to listen to any death, black, or grind metal. Maybe ease yourself into them with their cover of Maiden's "Hallowed be thy name." It's actually pretty fashionable for purists to hate Cradle. I'm somewhat of a purist (for example I hate Nu metal) but i'm open to a lot of liberties being taken with the genres.

#7239 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:49 PM

SLAYER!!!!!!

I'm not a big COF fan, but I got their cds and I like them every now and then.

"During Robert Langs time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#7240 Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Simpsonized!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

Cradle of Filth definitely takes some getting used to. And no they aren't true black metal. They're part of the Melodic Black Metal movement, bands of the genre who are a bit more accessible and therefore are chastised by the purists because they are seen as only being in it for the money… aka, the sellout label that every successful group gets tagged with by so called fans of the genre. It’s more to do with the whole anti-mainstream trend than an actual dislike for the music/groups.

Anyway, “Hallowed Be Thy Name� is a great place to start along with “No Time To Cry� which is a Sisters of Mercy cover. They actually have quite a few cover tunes, including Death Comes Ripping from the Misfits and Mr. Crowley from Ozzy. Any of these songs are a good place to begin the process of accepting Dani’s vocals lol. I first hear of them in 1999, I used to be part of the group who owned a couple CoF albums but couldn’t really listen to them for any length of time, it just seemed like too much jumbled together and the vocals were ridiculous. But now I’m CoF to the bone, and it’s basically all I’ve listened to for the last two years.

If you’re interested in getting more in depth with their stuff, I’d start you out with Nymphetamine because it’s the most accessible (radio friendly) album and also has the best production to date. Their early stuff has terrible production and most people cannot stomach those albums right away. But once you get a handle on Nymphetamine, check out “Cruelty and The Beast�, “Dusk and Her Embrace� and “Midian� then if you’re still digging the group, you should enjoy the rest of their albums.

IPB Image
"The people at first were saying, 'Why is there a team in Nashville?' But when you come here and you see the fans and the excitement, my question would be, "Why would there not be a team in Nashville?" - Yanic Perreault, January 18, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users