Wouldn't the signing of Weber and the signing of a goon be the same thing?
Granted, a goon is usually a 4th line forward, but if we can get Weber, it's like a bonus goon.
Just to be clear, I don't want Weber aka "He Who Concussed the Mighty Lilja", but if we do sign him, I'll accept him as a Wing and probably grow to like him. (See also: Chris Chelios)
In that case, keep Eaves.
Cleary isn't going anywhere due to his contract. Let him have his surgery and get back to 100%. Let Emmerton walk.
Miller worked well with Abby and Helm this year. Since we no longer need a goon on the 4th line with Weber, I think we can put Miller on the 4th line.
Flip has been showing chemistry with Z this season, but he's shown it with Pavel in the past as well. I'd leave the top 6 open to see how Parise (yes, please!) gels with Pavel and Hank, and then put Flip with the other one.
I don't think we'll be getting Parise and Weber both. I'd actually be surprised if we got either one.
Dear Mr. Holland. Here are 14 easy steps to making everything ok.
1) Find the player with the most reddish hair.
2) Grow him a full beard by noon.
3) Make sure he's somehow interviewed by lots of members of the media.
4) Laugh and say that Draper was also said to look like Chuck Norris.
5) Keep the player away from the media after the warmup skate.
6) Make sure that, as a Red Wings employee, no one questions that Kris Draper went into the locker room.
7) Laugh as you acknowledge that Kris Draper is looking more like Chuck Norris than ever.
8) Watch in amazement as the player mentioned in Step One completely destroys Shea Weber as soon after the puck drop as possible.
9) Make sure that the camera doesn't get too good of a shot of the player mentioned in Step One as he goes to the locker room after begin kicked out of the game.
10) Win the game.
11) Allow the player mentioned in Step One to face the media after the game, noting that he has shaved his playoff beard in protest which is why he no longer looks like Chuck Norris.
12) Do not allow Kris Draper to address the media. In fact, just for good measure, have him get an emergency phone call during the first intermission and have to leave the locker room.
13) Feign ignorance when the media notices that Chuck Norris is a Wings fan, but oddly enough didn't find his seat until the second period.
14) Cover the cost of Chuck Norris' seat from Illitch Petty Cash fund.
Then we'll get rid of those pesky rules here and make hurt feelings fair game. Then people will tell you what they think with much less tact, intelligence, and grace than Gabe used in Post #2 of this thread.