Honestly, I still can't get over how he single handedly contributed with one bone-headed play after another and destroyed our chances in beating Chicago in the playoffs last year. He was the stupidest player, young or old, I had ever seen on the ice in a Wings jersey. A complete moron who earned a benching thirty times over. Whether or not he is suddenly getting a few ounces of grey matter and scoring here and there is irrelevant - he will never be a player of consequence on this team or any other team.
WTH are you talking about? He's a rookie for crying out loud. Nevermind, you must not watch hockey much.
Posted by stillwater
on 31 January 2014 - 03:35 PM
Z is the captain of this team - Stevie set the precedent for sucking it up. Datsyuk has the pressure of being team captain for the home team of the olympics and likely playing one of his last olympics - I'd say they are in different positions even if they had the same injury even though they don't.
Do you have any specifics on either player's injury? You seem to be suggesting that Datsyuk is saving himself for playing for Russia rather than the team he's paid to play for ... well, because he's the captain ... even though Zetterberg is also an Olympic Captain.
Is Steven Stamkos doing the same? On Yzerman's team?
I'd be shocked if he didn't. Remember Ericsson? Babcock said that he was the best player he had sent down. They had to because he could still clear waivers. It took Smith forever to get up here too.
Once the waiver thingie is gone, Nyquist will be up with us. If not then, he most certainly will be for the playoffs. If someone sustains a season-ending injury before that (hopefully not, just throwing out the thought since it is possible), he will be up before that.
<off to do anti-jinx stuff>
All very true. Hopefully, it doesn't take a bad injury to get him up. I look at a guy like Cleary and think that he could easily clear waivers and be sent down. And if he gets claimed off of waivers, great!
- I think this will make the team as balanced as possible.
- Bert, as long as he is healthy, is better than Abby on the top line with Pavs and Hank. Bert is a bigger body, and is able to create more space for the Eurotwins. Also, Bert is a very good passer, and can contribute with goals. I think that this can be a very good 1st line if Babs keeps them together given we still have a really good 2nd line.
- I really am looking forward to seeing this 2nd line play. It has all the potential to be one of the top 2nd lines in the league, and Alfie is going to be super hungry. I see big things from this line.
- In the playoffs, our 3rd line was fantastic and at times was our best line. We are going to essentially replace Brunner with Tatar, which is not a bad thing considering what we know and have seen from Tatar. Anderson developed himself into a solid 3rd line center last year, and Nyquist and Tatar will add a nice element of speed and skill. This will be a fun line to watch and could become one of the better 3rd lines in the league.
- Our 4th line will see a HUGE upgrade this season assuming Helm is back and fully healthy. Add Abby who has some grit and knowledge of the game, and Miller/ Eaves, and you have a solid 4th line capable of doing their job well.
- Kronners and Ericsson were great last year, no reason to change that. I would like to see Kronners shoot the puck more this season tho.
- Danny D was fantastic when he played for us, and Smith could really benefit from having that solid defense presence playing with him... I would like to give this a try.
- Kindl had a a developing year last season with his offense, but still needs to work on his defense. Quincy really settled down after the 10 game mark last year and played a solid season. I think this is a capable 3rd pairing.
Overall, I think this is our best group of forwards since 2009 when we were STACKED and I am super excited to watch this season. Come on Oct. 2nd!!
No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.
K obviously you haven't been watching hockey the last month and been in a coma because THIS TEAM is and can be a contender when guys like dekeyser and helm get back not to mention amazing full season play by goose and hopfully tatar your looking at an elite bunch of guys.....we were 1 goal away from playing the defending champs in the conference final get a grip and stop the whining just because we didn't win doesn't mean we aren't good enough and ken Holland is not smart
The stubbornness of Babcock to keep two scrubs on a line with Datsyuk game in and game out is such a bad coaching decision and it is so clear to everyone and yet a NHL coach getting paid 7 figures cannot see it and doesn't change it.
Posted by Euro_Twins
on 06 December 2012 - 12:27 AM
I can see the headlines
"The wonder boy does it again! Sidney Crosby not only can play hockey like a God, but he can also save an nhl season. On a side note during celebrations the other 17 players lifted him up in celebration, and he fell to the floor getting a concussion and will be out 1-2 seasons..."