We've confirmed that the recent influx of spammers are actual people, not spambots or anything like that. As such, there may not be much we can do to prevent the occasional attack.
We have tools that make cleaning up these attacks extremely easy (one click on their profile and they're banned, content removed and ip-blocked). But unfortunately we can't use these tools until the spam posts are brought to our attention. That's where we need members to use the "report post" tool.
When a post is reported, the system sends an email to each of the boards moderators and Admin. That way we get notified, even if we're not on the boards.
One thing though, most of these spammers tend to attack the boards in the very late/early hours, when most people are asleep. LGW mods are just like everyone else, we have jobs and responsibilities that make it hard to be online at the time these spammers hit. So please understand that we will take care of the attacker as soon as we can, but it may be several hours before a mod can be online.
Anyone seen PredsFanTheBayouState ... she's gone invisible, just wondering if she's OK.
You rang,i'm doing just fine,while yesterday loss was disappointing,i can't be sad about the season that the nashville predators have had,most people had the preds not making the playoffs at the start of the season,but they proved them wrong,can't wait to see what the future has in store for the preds.
now,i'm jumping on the ducks and red wings bandwagon
1. Haven't heard anyone at the Joe chanting f*** you Tampa. If you find someone disagreeing with you as starting an argument, so be it.
2. I just prefer to enjoy the Wings, not waste my energy hating or berating other players for simply playing the game for another team.
3. If you can't handle an NHL.com writer composing a positive article about a player on an opposing team who brought his team back from the brink, not sure what to tell you. Not sure if you actually read the article or not, because I'm not seeing where you see any "sucking up". I wouldn't see it as sucking up if there were positive articles written about Mrazek, Glendenning or Abdelkader. Winning or losing this series won't be a reflection on how any of those players have played to this point, nor would it make any of them "losers" Winning at other levels of hockey is still an accomplishment.
You realize this is probably some of the pettiest things to even discuss.
1. I've been to games 3 and 4 and have chanted/witnessed/performed the F*** U Tampa chant.
2.Ah so now you want to impose your will? Just because you are a certain way, and others aren't you think it's a waste of time and energy? Dude get over it. You're welcome to do what you want and so am I and anyone else on these forums. If you don't like it then don't worry about it, just do your own thing. Screw Garrison and SCREW the Bolts. GO RED WINGS.
3. Can't handle NHL.com article? Where are you getting that from? Lol. You certainly have a knack for coming up with your own conclusions. I stated that it was funny to read the article after the 4-0 Tampa loss. Seriously are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? You're nitpicking little things and trying to make a big deal out of it. This is a forum and this specific thread is meant for us to express our opinion about the game and our post game reactions... The article was written before the game basically calling Johnson a champ. Johnson got shutdown and they lost pretty badly and my initial consensus was it's funny to read the article postgame. Ever heard of Hingsight bias? I'm sure the writer who wrote it felt it last night. It was very ironic that they come out with it only a few hours later the Red Wings shunned all the preconceived notions addressed in the article. The article was addressing Johnson's ability to help his teams win in the past. That's fine and great but to say "he knows how to win" is a poor choice of words for the writer. And if you've played a team sport in your life then you know that it IS about winning the series and the championship. An individual accomplishment is great but it has no bearing unless it's applied to the team effort. This isn't a boxing match. This is a team sport. You either walk away as champions together or walk away as a team that lost in the process. Henrik Zetterberg said it best. "It's great to get into the playoffs, but that what WE want to do is win"
Regardless, you're just wasting your time. I don't know what you're going to gain out of starting this. We have games to watch and teams to cheer for. Nitpicking post game rants isn't going to accomplish much. I'm not going to get into further pointless discussion on it, you can continue if you would like. I'm getting pumped for tomorrows game that I'll be going to and making some derogatory chants towards Bishop