1. For two straight years we have looked horrible in the first 10-15 minutes of almost ever game. A new voice in the locker room Will Improve our teams starts. If only because we simply can't be that bad again.
2. Blashill will breathe new life into some dead/stagnant players. Will it be Weiss (if he's still here) Franzen, Jurco? No idea, but I'm convinced a few will come alive.
3. Our goalie situation will be much better this year. Competition will bring out the best in both resulting in a more consistent year between the pipes. Blashill has confidence in Mrazek and should make him feel comfortable.
4. I think we have a good enough team (make the playoffs) that Blash can make some mistakes, test some lines and learn NHL matchups and we will still have enough points.
5. I have to believe that Kenny will finally upgrade the Blue Line (of course I say this every year) with some serious talent which should push Big E back down to the 2nd pairing. Thus making it easier for Blashill. On the other hand, I think Blashill will be a better evaluator of which kids are ready to replace our current veteran crop and therefore able to see who is expendable.
- PavelValerievichDatsyuk likes this