2011-12 Brynäs SHL 50 16 23 39 22 -3 | Playoffs 16 4 12 16 12 12 Sweden EHT 6 1 1 2 2 -2 | Sweden WC 8 0 1 1 0 0 | Sweden (all) International 18 2 3 5 2 -6 | 2012-13 Brynäs SHL 53 13 29 42 12 -2 | Playoffs 4 0 0 0 6 -3 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 9 0 3 3 0 3 | Sweden EHT 5 0 2 2 2 2 | Sweden WC 10 0 1 1 4 -2 | Sweden (all) International 16 0 2 2
Last year and the year before at any level. Not impressive no arguing that. Go look up Zetterberg, Backstrom, Johanson, and other top Swedes when they played at the same level at the same age. Not comparable. Please post a game by game for his last 36 in the AHL I would be curious to see it as I have not yet found it.
Kids? Is that more of you making things up to defend your case?
His play back a few years was impacted by his size, which is not a tremendous issue for him anymore. Jarnkrok is a great prospect, there really shouldn't be a need to try and downplay his talent. The whole situation comes down to several reasons that are largely just based on opinions,
1. You think this season is a loss already, and should have kept future potential.
2. You think Legwand is only going to play 20 games with the Red Wings and the Wings lost Jarnkrok for nothing.
3. You like Legwand, but are sold on Jarnkrok becoming a top line center.
1. You like Legwand, and think the evidence is there that he will resign.
2. Wings filled an immediate need by giving up a player that wouldn't fill that need for years.
Personally I think Jarnkrok was a great prospect his play the last few months has been fantastic, he's great with the puck, his defense is very underrated, his skating is good, there isn't a negative about him other than he's not going out and hammering people into the boards, but I also felt the Wings need for a center for the present season, outweighed the risk of hoping the development of Jarnkrok a few years down the road.