Let's have a look at the positives of this trade though:
1. Legwand has 40 points in 60 games under Barry Trotz's Nashville system
2. Legwand waived his NTC to come here, has a place here, so chances are he re-signs here (hopefully for a good cap hit)
3. Our centre depth is ridiculous, and will be for at least another 4-5 years (D,Z, Legwand, Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, Andy, Glendening) which made Jarnkrok expendable (Babcock would have none of that attitude)
4. Legwand has managed to stay relatively healthy most of his career, whereas our other centres are made of glass right now
5. He's got great speed and is a decent 2 way centre (you can't play in Nashville if you're not a 2 way player)
All in all, Legwand makes our team look much, much better. He gives us a chance at the playoffs, especially since Datsyuk is now out for three weeks and Helm is out. Andersson as our 1C for one game is one game too many. On another note, I absolutely love Sheahan and his line. Their shifts are easily our most exciting shifts each game.