I live in the Chicago suburbs...if you think the Bear fans were bad its only gonna be worse at the united center. Best advice is just ignore anything that is screamed at you as most of those doing it don't know anything regarding hockey.
As far as food goes...try Billy Goat's a few blocks down on Madison. Some of the best cheeseburgers you will ever eat! And won't cost you more than 6-7 bucks. Anything else just PM me and I'll help ya out.
Am jealous. Why am I stuck with the only guy I know who couldn't care less about sports?? My bf thinks I am certifiable and need serious meds/counseling when it comes to hockey. I have Center Ice and will watch like 5 games a day and he just shakes his head. And ... get this ... he is originally FROM CANADA!! Oh well, hopefully he never makes me choose or hes SOL.
And he doesnt like hockey? must not have had a ton of friends growing up
p.s. I see your location is Midland...I was born there
my girlfriend used to be a Penguins fan till we slapped them around in the 08 finals...took her to two games with me during the 2009 season and low and behold she became a huge fan of them and now plans to buy herself a Modano jersey t shirt because she likes him as a player. Little does she know that I got a Zetterberg jersey lined up for her!
of all the great stories that happened to me several do stick out pretty well...
1) Being part of the 2003 Midget AAA National Championship team...we had an amazing team that consisted of Crosby, Stafford (BUF), Johnson (LAK), Smaby (TBL) as well as many more top D 1 guys and also one guy who won the Hobey Baker Award several years ago at North Dakota - Ryan Duncan.
2) Also being able to play Hockey at the NCAA Level for 4 years.
3) Officiating many high level games as well as receiving recognition as a potential CCHA official in the future.
4) The wonderful times that Junior A hockey was not only on the ice, but also the great times away from the rink, many of which I cannot share publicly in order to keep the integrity of this site in tact
5) 4 cups for the Wings as well as only seeing two different guys wear the "C" as of right now
6) Having the opportunity to play in Russia and France...actually got to skate against Ovechkin in a game (stripped him of the puck Datsyuk style, but then he still got like 6 goals that day, but oh well)