There is NO accountability for the refs. Bettman has them protected regardless of their conduct. If anyone pulled s*** like that at their day job they would be talking to the boss about their incompetence. These guys will just move on to the next game.
At some point Boston will have to prepare themselves for the post Chara era and I think Myers would be an ideal fit there. He is still young and if he ever develops and becomes even more rugged that guy has Chara 2 written all over him. It took Chara till his late 20 s to become the beast he is today. That's the gamble with Myers but its a gamble i'd gladly play.
At some point Detroit will have to prepare themselves for the post-Lidstrom... oh wait... he's gone and we did nothing?
So ya long term could prioritize a center. But short term 2-4 years a winger is higher priority.
Z and dats won't be reliable top centers after a few more seasons. They have too many durability questions. I could see both playing for a long time like selanne - high level but not carrying the team on their backs.
We take the lamest shots on the pp. we pass it around - realize we haven't shot then take some useless shot from the point that gets blocked. We need an end game on the pp. At least some sort of goal - like trying to get it low or moving the goalie laterally. right now we are just treading water.
i seriously dont even want myers. and buffalo is throwing out names like mantha and larkin, F off.
lol at callahan though
Yeah Myers hasn't put it together yet due to his poor development - might never. We are actually developing our kids and they want us to do the dirty work for them. Myers would be a beast by now if Detroit had drafted and developed him - such a shame. Same could be said for Adam Larsson.
1. Smith - creating offence, jumping up in on the play, leading the rush, cut down on mistakes and turnovers, making good decisions.
2. Kronwall - still in his peak, playing more careful as the leader of the d group, a few more mistakes than we are used to but that comes from playing the hardest minutes
3. DD - very steady, moving the puck well, not making mistakes, not producing offensively yet and this needs to come along soon hopefully
4. Quincey - haven't really noticed him which is a good thing, hasn't made any crazy stupid decisions that I've noticed, not much offensively
5. Kindl - he has been sheltered a lot it seems, hasn't been too bad after the first couple of games, still not doing much to contribute
6. E - has been slow, error prone, softer than usual, zero offence, average defence - either he is having a slow start or he isn't aging well
All in all I would say Smith, Kronner, and DD are all mainstays for the future. I wouldn't mind picking up a Petry/Myers and then adding Ouellet and one of Jensen/Marchenko for next season. The following season we will probably see Sproul make the jump and then we have to make some tougher decisions. Sproul definitely needs to make this team eventually with his tools. I wouldn't mind shipping E out at the end of the year while he still has some trade value.