i seriously dont even want myers. and buffalo is throwing out names like mantha and larkin, F off.
lol at callahan though
Yeah Myers hasn't put it together yet due to his poor development - might never. We are actually developing our kids and they want us to do the dirty work for them. Myers would be a beast by now if Detroit had drafted and developed him - such a shame. Same could be said for Adam Larsson.
1. Smith - creating offence, jumping up in on the play, leading the rush, cut down on mistakes and turnovers, making good decisions.
2. Kronwall - still in his peak, playing more careful as the leader of the d group, a few more mistakes than we are used to but that comes from playing the hardest minutes
3. DD - very steady, moving the puck well, not making mistakes, not producing offensively yet and this needs to come along soon hopefully
4. Quincey - haven't really noticed him which is a good thing, hasn't made any crazy stupid decisions that I've noticed, not much offensively
5. Kindl - he has been sheltered a lot it seems, hasn't been too bad after the first couple of games, still not doing much to contribute
6. E - has been slow, error prone, softer than usual, zero offence, average defence - either he is having a slow start or he isn't aging well
All in all I would say Smith, Kronner, and DD are all mainstays for the future. I wouldn't mind picking up a Petry/Myers and then adding Ouellet and one of Jensen/Marchenko for next season. The following season we will probably see Sproul make the jump and then we have to make some tougher decisions. Sproul definitely needs to make this team eventually with his tools. I wouldn't mind shipping E out at the end of the year while he still has some trade value.
Weisser just doesn't have Babcock's trust. Its as simple as that. It means a lot that Nestrasil is playing over him (especially considering Nesty hasn't done much in his 3 games and Weiss is a seasoned NHL producer and 100% healthy). Its really frustrating for the fans and must be 1000x more frustrating for Weiss. Hopefully Weiss is the kind of player that derives motivation from this stuff rather than just getting his confidence battered (like Kindl).
Sportsk is pretty good. They have authentic stuff at great prices. They also have (haven't looked in a while) older jersey styles and brands. Ebay isn't bad if you have time to look for bargains. I think NHL store has some auctions on things (but usually ends up being overpriced).
I'm not sure how Nestrasil has earned a spot over Weiss... I like the kid but in the past we have seen Cleary over Nyquist and Cleary over Tatar and I just don't see how it doesn't go Weiss over Nestrasil.
Babs clearly has a problem with Weiss. He put him with AHLers in preseason and now won't let him into the lineup to start the season (probably because he didn't perform in preseason). Give the guy a chance to impress you.
Nestrasil is a 6'3 RH C. We can use a guy like that in the lineup. If he keeps progressing the way he has we will have quite the gem. I like Callahan and don't want to lose him but Nestrasil is clearly more valuable to the team long term.