Sorry, I was trying to follow what you were saying but was distracted by your choice to use an injured Red Wings player down on the ice as your avatar.
But I guess it goes with you hoping for a Wings player to get injured.
Hmmm, that feels a little like a baiting reply to me...
Nowhere in my post did I say I'm hoping Cleary will get injured. I'm just flat out predicting that he will & it will happen early in the season. Too much of a history of injuries the past handful of seasons & way too many miles. I'll go on the record in fact on how I think this plays out...
- Around the week of 9/15, we'll start seeing media reports of Cleary not skating due to groin soreness
- He'll try to go in the last pre-season game in Boston or maybe 2 of the last 3 and skate like his age matches his jersey #. Yes, I'm assuming Alfie will be back so Dan will not skate like he's 11.
- Despite struggling in the 1 or 2 pre-season games he appears in, he'll still make the team & Jurco winds up in GR. I'll save this rant until another time but my theory is Cleary making the team has much more to do with Babcock than Kenny.
- Danny looks terrible to start the season & after 3-4 games (around 10/15-17) we start seeing commentary on him being a warrior for playing through either what is thought to be a sports hernia or complications with his knees again. HSJ will be the one leading the pack on those reports.
- After a rather lopsided loss to either the Canadiens or the Pens the week of 10/21 where Cleary checks in with at least a -3 for the night with a couple of particularly boneheaded turnovers, he's put on the DL & Jurco is recalled.
- He tries to make an early return right after Thanksgiving & only lasts a few games before heading back to the DL.
- Trade deadline day rolls around, there's no action from the Wings, & the board goes crazy when "The return of a healthy Dan Cleary and ... are our deadline acquisitions" ("and ..." being one of the following: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, or Franzen, my money's on Franzen) comes out of the mouth of Holland. Much weeping & gnashing of teeth ensues.
So in actuality, I'm hoping everyone stays healthy. Given past history though, I'm expecting that won't happen & in Cleary's case, I'm expecting it to happen fairly quickly.
- fat guy in a maltby jersey likes this