1. Darren Helm is probably not going to score 20 goals in this or any other season. If we're talking 20 goals based on 1993 scoring rates, sure. But that's like 15 goals this year.
2. Jiri Hudler is not going to be sent to Grand Rapids. If the Wings waive him, he's off to a team that needs another scoring forward and never makes it to the 'assignment' part.
3. Kronwall is going to lose his defensive and physical abilities, and go bald?
4. It hurts. It hurts so much. Why must you do this to me?
5. Seems like a reasonable thought. Except for one thing; what assets are given up? Holland won't be giving up any significant assets unless the defenseman is more than a rental. Which severely limits options and the chance of a deal.
6. He'll be a very mediocre player who has one iconic moment in his time with the team, and many fans clamor for his jersey to be retired because of it?
7. McCarty will be back to teach Commodore how to deal with all of his newfound fame as the expendable superstar?
8. Abby making 30-35 is pretty bold. It's not impossible, but he's in a situation where the only reasons he wasn't fourth line all year last year were injuries and the fact that Helm's line had great chemistry. He's less likely to get those offensive chances this year, with Hudler back on track and a speedier, more talented Mursak ready to go.
9. The sun will rise tomorrow. Seriously.
10. Conklin will start closer to 35 games. Howard's workload is going to start looking like what Ozzie used to carry in the 90s, otherwise he won't have anything for the playoffs. Ever notice that throughout history, a lot of great teams ran tandems? Edmonton did, Pittsburgh did, Detroit did, Montreal did, Toronto did. Historically running with a tandem has assisted the starting goaltender's playoff performance.
Another prediction from me....
-Eva will continue to misunderstand that to be really bold, a prediction must look to be impossible & he will continue to s*** on everyone else's postings, especially the ones that mention Hudler
OK, this prediction is in no way "bold" given that it is based totally on past performance in this thread