Heard a rumor that the shop owners downtown had hired private security for extra protection. They made the mistake of dressing them up in Luongo jerseys to blend in with the crowd though & were shocked when they couldn't make any saves.
cuz canuck fans start s*** of fire when their team loses.
s*** of fire? Don't they make some type of medication or topical cream to alleviate that?
On a serious note, I think it really comes down to the sense of entitlement without having won anything that gets on most other fans' nerves. Or it might just be because Bobby Lou is such an asshat and we're sick of hearing the "Loooooooooou" chants after every routine save.
Things that would happen before Nick would play for the Lightning...
1. Atlanta gets a third chance with a new hockey team
2. Joe Thorton decides to grow up & not be a diving little ***** any more
3. Atlanta's new hockey team moves to Red Deer, Alberta
4. Jiri Hudler becomes the Wings #1 center, leading scorer, & wins the Conn Smythe on the way to bringing another Cup to Hockeytown
5. Kwame Kilpatrick elected mayor of Detroit again after getting out of prison
6. The robot apocalypse
7. Extraterrestrial life is confirmed as is the fact that Elvis & Michael Jackson have been living with them for years
8. Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho is elected President of the United States
9. Garry Bettman pushes through rules changes to increase the amount of fighting in the NHL
10. blueadams gives up posting line combo threads on LGW
How about a boycott of Wings away games in Western Conference cities? Ultimately, the league & the other teams out west want the Wings due to their drawing power on the road. Nothing short of that will precipitate a move I'm afraid.
Granted if I had made it through your entire post, I would have noticed you mentioned that already.
Either way, I still think there's a 0% chance it happens regardless of any fan effort to influence things.
Think E needs to talk to his countryman & former teammate Lilja about turning down offers from the Wings thinking he'll make more money somewhere else. Granted Brian Burke will probably turn around & sign him for $4m a year on a multi-year contract because another former Wings pylon worked out so well for him.