While I was looking at the standings for this year the other day, I came across a really interesting stat. Out of the top 5 teams in the West, Detroit is the only team to have not played any teams from the Eastern Conference, while the other teams have all played 5-7 games against what many to believe is a much inferior Eastern Conference. Here are the records.
1. LA : 24 pts : 5-0-0 against Eastern Conference
2. Det : 23 pts : 0-0-0 against Eastern Conference
3. Van : 23 pts : 5-1-1 against Eastern Conference
4. Anh : 22 pts : 4-1-1 against Eastern Conference
5. Stl : 21 pts : 5-0-0 against Eastern Conference
What does this mean? Well, it could mean absolutely nothing, but what I want it to mean is that Detroit is getting the more quality wins right now against the opponents that really matter, while the other teams are beating up on the other conference and playing mediocre hockey against teams from their division/conference.
Like I said, it could mean nothing, but I thought it was interesting enough to at least point out.
Get Rid of MickeyMember Since 15 Apr 2010
Offline Last Active May 30 2012 03:52 PM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 20
- Profile Views 2,557
- Member Title Jr. Prospect
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Get Rid of Mickey hasn't added any friends yet.