I get that Blashill wants to have his own approach but I doubt he puts Helm back at center just to put Sheahan on the wing. There's no need to change for the sake of change... I think Helm is a much better winger than he is a center, and I also think Sheahan wouldn't be half as effective on the wing as he is at center.
I also heard Ferraro talking about Datsyuk on the wing, but I'm pretty sure he just meant to say Zetterberg. I highly doubt Pav has any interest in playing the wing after playing down the middle his entire career. He's still one of our best at winning draws and once he gets back and is fully healthy, I fully expect him to go back to our number one center, and Sheahan and Richards battling it out for the number 2 spot...
Datsyuk has played plenty of wing in his career. Especially when he's with Zetterberg. They kind of switch back and forth and share the responsibility. Which is one of the reasons I think they're deadly together.
1. he has trade value. Kindl doesn't.
2. To many Dmen on the roster.
3. Holland has already said that Oullett and Marchenko are ready. marchenko played in the PO's remember.
4. You are not going to keep him as the 7th Dmen. 4.25 million cap hi sitting in the press box is piss poor cap management.
5. True the young guys haven't shown much/anything yet. How is that going to happen if they don't play?
6. To date this still isn't a SC caliber team. For that to happen we need to have more talent. Do we have that talent in the minors or not? No one knows. The only way to find out is to play the guys. KFQ is not part of our long term plans. So move him add the pick we are short in the 2016 draft and continue to build.
Please tell me how much press box sitting KFQ did last year?
He won't serve 90-days... if he does, it'll be min. security, house arrest or half-way house type situation I'm sure.
The probation and counseling are appropriate.
Thing that is a head scratcher for me. 8 hours of community service?
How skipping the 90 days of meaningless jailtime and give him 2160 hours of community service (90 days x 24 hours) that has to be served at a battered women's shelter.
Agreed. His time would probably be better served helping his community than locked in a cage. However the justice system is often more based on vengeance than rehabilitation, as exhibited by some of the knee jerk reactions here.
Babs is soon going to find out just how F** in the A he really is. If Kip is correct in his assessment that he's overrated, it will come out this year. He's always had high caliber teams whether it's the Wings or the Canadian national team. Now he has a team that is basically Phanuef, JVR and Lupul. He's F*****. I can almost guarantee that Shanahan does not do this the correct way. They've signed a bunch of mediocre players and acquired a a bunch of mediocre prospects.What's next? Be mediocre.
This is by far the worst UFA class in a while. Everyone's going to get overpaid. This is a year that most teams should be conservative with signings, but someone will take a chance. I'll be fine if that isn't us.
Imagine a Wings team loaded with cheap young talented players a few years down the road, but too hamstrung with Weiss and Green type contracts to make constructive additions and make a cup run.