I agree with this. We've got the cap and roster flexibility to be aggressive this year and I think we should be. My priorities are as follow (I'm trying to be realistic in terms of value and only acquiring guys who are believed to be available):
1. Trade Smith, Helm, and our 1st for Ryan Kesler.
2. Trade Franzen and Andersson for RJ Umberger and a 2nd.
3. Sign Niskanen (5 years, 5.5 million)
4. Sign Fedor Malykhin to a two way contract.
5. Kindl can go too, for a late pick, and replaced with a vet d-man if you felt like finding one (I didn't bother on this).
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
R.J. Umberger ($4.600m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.950m)
Tomas Tatar ($2.000m) / Riley Sheahan ($1.000m) / Tomas Jurco ($0.709m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($4.250m)
Matt Niskanen ($5.500m) / Danny DeKeyser ($2.500m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m) /
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Petr Mrazek ($0.595m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,174,167; BONUSES: $535,833
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,925,833
- martinezsvsu likes this