1) Nyquist gets traded early as part of a package to bring in a bigger bodied shut down defender...someone like Anton Volchenkov or Zach Bogosian, though maybe not either of these two guys. Other pieces may include Emmerton, Kindl, picks.
2) Tatar becomes injury call-up and performs well as a winger in his new role beside our glut of quality centers.
3) Eaves plays himself back into a regular spot on the fourth line, adding a little depth scoring, playing solid defense, and shoring up the PK units. Miller is therefore expendable and may be traded at the deadline if there's any interest.
4) Brunner performs well, though probably not star level (this season), as he adjusts to the NHL game. 12 goals, 20 assists.
5) Gustavsson improves greatly since his Toronto days.
6) Franzen plays like a stud in his new Holmstrom role.
7) With the defense shored up, the bottom six as good or better than any in the league, improved goaltending, and quality top six scoring, Detroit makes the playoffs advancing (at least) to the WCF.
Edit: Tom Renney will improve the PP considerably as well.
- Serratoni likes this