1. Putting Sheahan at wing when he is more durable and better than helm(IMO) would be a mistake. Helm should be the fourth line center...where he belongs.
2. In the second scenario I understand why you have Tatar and nyquist where they're at. But that's putting a lot of faith into guys who have only done it for a part of one year at the nhl level but we don't have anyone else to play the top 6.
3. Also no jurco makes me wanna cry but I know these are more realistic rosters except you forgot cleary in the first and there's no way Weiss is fourth line. He is either numer 2 center or hurt IMO. He will be given every opputunity(earned or not) because that's how the wings roll. Vets given too many opportunities young guys not enough.
1. Helm is our fastest forward and probably the best defensively outside of Datsyuk and Zberg. To not play him at Center would be wasting his talents. From what I understand Sheahan is a natural LW. Helm is also regarded as one of the better 3rd line C's in the entire league. Playing him on the 4th, is again wasting his talents. I wouldn't play Datsyuk on the 2nd just because he was injured last year.
2. I'll do anything to keep Abdelkader out of the top 6. But yes, we have no one more else suited for a top 6 role than Nyquist or Tatar.
3. Cleary would be scratched in my first. Your bit about Weiss being #2 no matter what simply isn't the case though, and is not at all how the Wings roll. Babs demoted him to 4th line C very quickly last year when he wasn't performing. The same will happen again if he doesn't show up.
- wingsfan4795 likes this