It's been only 6 games, but during the off/preseason fans on LGW were bemoaning how bad our defense was.
Well I think it has been pretty good. Of course, it helps that our goal tending has been great and many of our forwards are playing good defense, making it easier on the defensemen... but here is how I rank our defensemen's play thus far:
1. B.Smith - he has been awesome on both ends
2. DD - most consistent in the D-zone
3. Kronner - solid, with some turnovers
4. Q - has played pretty fricking good and is competing
5. Glendening - has played better D that the last two
6 (tie) - Kindl/Ericsson - flashes of good play, followed by some head scratchers. I think Kindl has actually out-played Ericsson
1. B. Smith he looks much stronger and has been awesome
2. DD - way to go Danny our most reliable defender guy is just a machine
3. Kronwall - solid start so far.
4. Glendening - plays solid D and is starting to get involved into the physical stuff too love it
5. Quincey - competes hard I like that
6. Kindl - better than I thought but only because of...
7. Ericcson - wow does this guy need to get his game together, slow breakout passes, give aways and looks a bit sluggish
I so can't wait till someone absolutely destroys that cocky rat with a clean but hard hit.
I enjoy this hit by Ovi.
Great hit I love it more of that please... Dare I say kronwalled?!
Also I'm from overseas myself and stuff like soft euros doesn't offend me either. If people are offended by the term rates, French fries than well whatever.
I would like to see Babcock take over Holland's position as GM in Detroit and Blashill be the coach some day.
Great suggestion but it won't happen for at least the next 3 years
I think Babcock may want a Patrick Roy like situation, where he can coach and have more say in how to structure the team. If Holland isn't willing to offer that, it's time for Mike Illitch to pull a Yzerman again.
Even if the Joe is a dumb by nowadays standards think about all the all time greats, who've gone through this door (the captain, Lidström, Dominator, Hossa...), all the cups and the end of the dead wing era. I think it will be a sad day once the Wings leave and hopefully everyone can take their seat back home.
Marchand went of the handle in the playoffs last year when thornton was on the team.
They're frustrated with their rough start - which owes to the loss of iginla and boychuk.
And Thornton told him in colorful words to stop the s*** and take a backseat.
As they should be, the expectations in Boston are through the roof and Chiarelli - whom I regarded as one of the best GMs till he made that bonehaded trade - isn't helping matters. I don't know how good their prospect pool is, but man replacing Chara will be no easy task. I could see them having the same problem like the Wings, how do you replace a future HHOF defender ?
Also when it comes doe embellishment and stupid gestures, a team that has as many rats as the Habs (both on the ice and in the stands) should be the last to act from a high moral ground.