Enjoy it..it will be the same bulls*** as in europe where some clubs are not only selling out their jerseys but some are also changing their game-colors to match the ones of a sponsor. It's a horrible thing and makes buying jerseys almost useless because you want to represent a club not a damn sponsor when you are paying a good junk of money for that stuff.
The day the NHL gets rid of that stupid current front-office can't come soon enough we need someone at the helm who is willing to protect the integrity and tradition of the sport.
Rogers, ads on jerseys, less fighting and more and more showboaters entering the league...hockey is fast becoming something it shouldn't be.
Just finished rewatching the game and some things to note:
- the PP is still atrocious call up XO and see how it goes
- clear the damn crease we didn't do it against the Habs and it cost us, we didn't do it against the Flyers and it (again) cost us. There is a reason why other teams are pushing, crosschecking other players out of there ..if the goalie can't see the puck he can't make the save !
Goose needs to find a way to react the tighter defense and adjusted systems when he is on the ice, everyone knew opponents would make an effort to figure out how to defend against Goose, Tatar ..now it's their turn to react.
It's also very obvious that we can't count on the veterans to bail us out in every game anymore, so a more balanced pressure point on the shoulders of more players would be nice.
You rang,sorry that I haven't been on lately,I have been in a lot have pain dealing with this massive kidney stone,had another surgery on Wednesday to another surgery get another stint and I got another surgery get more of the stone removed
All the best to you and don't worry there are tons of things more important than hockey or message boards get well soon :-)
It's been only 6 games, but during the off/preseason fans on LGW were bemoaning how bad our defense was.
Well I think it has been pretty good. Of course, it helps that our goal tending has been great and many of our forwards are playing good defense, making it easier on the defensemen... but here is how I rank our defensemen's play thus far:
1. B.Smith - he has been awesome on both ends
2. DD - most consistent in the D-zone
3. Kronner - solid, with some turnovers
4. Q - has played pretty fricking good and is competing
5. Glendening - has played better D that the last two
6 (tie) - Kindl/Ericsson - flashes of good play, followed by some head scratchers. I think Kindl has actually out-played Ericsson
1. B. Smith he looks much stronger and has been awesome
2. DD - way to go Danny our most reliable defender guy is just a machine
3. Kronwall - solid start so far.
4. Glendening - plays solid D and is starting to get involved into the physical stuff too love it
5. Quincey - competes hard I like that
6. Kindl - better than I thought but only because of...
7. Ericcson - wow does this guy need to get his game together, slow breakout passes, give aways and looks a bit sluggish
I so can't wait till someone absolutely destroys that cocky rat with a clean but hard hit.
I enjoy this hit by Ovi.
Great hit I love it more of that please... Dare I say kronwalled?!
Also I'm from overseas myself and stuff like soft euros doesn't offend me either. If people are offended by the term rates, French fries than well whatever.