Why not? Better than fools like Del Zotto or Green...
Give Buffalo what they want. They have no interest in Franzen or Weiss. Kenny can find other solutions for those two. Buffalo wants established Wingers with potential or high end offensive prospects. Myers is worth it. He can play a lot better than he actually is. Hard to develop for a young defenseman in this environment...
Detroit is no longer a top address for FA's and we're far away from being a contender. Time to react, even if we suck for one or two seasons. Pav and Z won't play forever...
- Trade Ericsson away...i have no idea what we'd get for him, but I don't think a 2nd Rounder is too much.
- Use the 2nd Rounder and add Tatar, Nyquist and Ferraro to get Myers
- As we now need Wingers, get Troy Brouwer and send Weiss back to Washington. Troy isn't the greatest fan of Coach Oates plus they have too many RW's and need Centers
- Add some more talent and bring in Evander Kane by flipping over Smith, Franzen, Andersson, McCollum and a future 2nd Rounder
- If Alfredsson returns - fine. Otherwise, sign Stempniak as a depth forward.
- Give our youth a chance. Even if we suck...as wrote before, I don't care. We need to do something...
Tomas Jurco ($0.709m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($7.500m) / Troy Brouwer ($3.667m)
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Anthony Mantha ($0.894m)
Teemu Pulkkinen ($0.698m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Lee Stempniak ($2.500m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.950m) / Danny Cleary ($1.500m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Luke Glendening ($0.628m) /
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tyler Myers ($5.500m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.500m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
Jakub Kindl ($2.400m) / Alexei Marchenko ($0.667m)
Kyle Quincey ($4.250m) /
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.850m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($0.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($0.000m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,605,833; BONUSES: $1,542,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,394,167
So you'd trade one of our young high end forwards for a project dman, but not for one whose scored 70 points twice 56 points and 30 goals before ? Seems logical