Was on the phone with another LGWer when the Wings were playing Buffalo and I did mention a few things...
1. Rafalski has been a big liability and things have looked tighter since he has been out
2. I am not sold on Salei, I firmly believe another D could of been had and been more of a stay at home / clear the crease / block shot D-Man
3. Still on the fence with Howard... When he is on, he is stellar, but when he is cold, ear muffs / cover eyes - he gives up some juicy-juicy rebounds, hoping the more experience he gets + working with a goalie coach, he smothers them up. That was one up swing with Nabby, the man smothers rebounds and gives very little... Wish Howard would do the same
4. Miller is solid and really hope we keep him around... Good on the PK and chips in from time to time... I really think he could be utilized like Dandy was, use him on D here and there
5. Kindl has had made rookie mistakes, be the last few games he has really been coming around; believe he is starting to get more comfortable/confidence and it is showing
I can't remember if that was the play that led up to it, but there was definitely a moment where Hudler was in prime scoring position, and in a moment of Franzen-like decision making decided to pass the puck and turned it over.
And this was after he got his first goal. you'd think that would've gotten him in a shoot the puck mentality.
He should of shot the puck and didn't. Bab's needs to send out a memo or do a video demonstration
Some of the loss was the Wing's own ignorance by not getting their stuff together at game time, like usual. But at the same time, Mason came up huge on more than one save which was the difference in the game.