All Nyquist has done is destroy the AHL and play a key role in this past postseason run with the Wings (looking like far and away one of the best, most effective forwards on this team in the process). True, he hasn't "produced like Cleary," but he's also had a fraction of the time and opportunity Cleary's had.
He's the future, and the future is now. And the future is...sitting in Grand Rapids. And that is ridiculous. No voodoo rhetoric here. No extremist agenda. Just logic, or common sense, or whatever you want to call it. A really good up-and-comer deserves a spot on a roster that's overloaded with scrubs and plugs, guys who overall aren't as good and effective as said youngster. And, I mean, aren't the Wings all about building from within? Hasn't that been Holland's Big Thing for a good long while now? Young talent! Prospects! Youth! Homegrown talent! Drafting! The future!
I feel like one of Dr Rahmani's patients (pre laser surgery) could watch the video from last night's game and immediately punch a Franzen jersey. He destroyed every play.
Your newfound Franzen hate pleases me.
He is a lazy sack of crap who may score 30 goals but 25 of them will be scored in one game, and he needs to be packaged with a prospect and/or pick or whatever it takes to get a high-end defenseman with a sick first pass, and did I mention he's lazy?
1. Last night we were exposed by a brilliant, ballsy coach and a hungry, disciplined team. Tippett realized our blue line is actually garbage in its own zone, so he "pinch shifted" his entire team forward, putting our young, bumbling D under extreme pressure and duress, and, in turn, completely stunting our attack. I call this strategy "salting the earth." Kill the the ground, the soil, the ultimate foundation...and nothing will grow. It was incredible to see. We can only hope other teams don't try the same thing, because if they do, we're screwed.
2. Smith and Quincey may be the worst pairing in the league. One of them needs to sit for a game or two or three or four hundred. Brutal. Terrible. Garbage.
3. We have so many borderline useless fourth-line scrubs on this team. Get off your lazy ass, Holland, and do whatever it takes to get Nyquist back in this lineup ASAP. At the very least, we're sorely missing his speed.
4. Babs needs to get over his fear/hatred of kids. Play Tatar, let him run wild on a new Kids Line with Nyquist and Andersson.
5. Through four games we've played, like, 40 good minutes, if that. Wonderful.